How to meet the band....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't give up hope! I have been a mad U2 fan since 81 too. I never thought I would be lucky. The very first time I met ALL of them, even the lesser spotted Larry! :ohmy: But I was surrounded by respectful fans, which sure helped.

As touched on earlier, if you are surrounded by freaky/screechy/Stalker type fans, you know it is game over. You need to somehow get them to shut up :angry: and realise they will stop the band coming out to you :sad:

I'm going to their Berlin show and I'm wondering how to meet them there. Any tips? Is it worthy to stay outside a hotel and wait for them? does anyone know in which hotel they usually stay in Berlin?

Patience is the best way. I finally met them this March after being a fan for 21 years. I honestly thought it would never happen but it did...and it made me appreciate the men that much more (if that was possible). All the fans around us were very cool and respectful, that's the best way. Be patient and let them come to you. If you ask nicely for a hug, you'll get one. Don't bum rush them, they're people too.

It's frustrating as all hell when you wait for hours and try so many times, but when your moment comes, sooooo worth it.

And when you meet them, remember to breathe.

^Thanks...I did cry but not in front of them (namely Bono). Try to hold off on the waterworks if possible because it's awkward, I even felt :doh: after it. My boohoo session was caught on video too. :down: I hated being "that girl" but damn, 21 years and finally!

And Adam seems to get great joy out of making women giggle and blush...so you know...

I'm going to their Berlin show and I'm wondering how to meet them there. Any tips? Is it worthy to stay outside a hotel and wait for them? does anyone know in which hotel they usually stay in Berlin?

They fly back to France pretty often after shows in Europe. (At least when they play just 1 gig in a city.) So I don't know if they'll actually stay at a hotel in Berlin.

They fly back to France pretty often after shows in Europe. (At least when they play just 1 gig in a city.) So I don't know if they'll actually stay at a hotel in Berlin.
thanks for the information. Maybe I'll bump into Larry during the walk throug the city;-)

Meeting the band outside the stadium

During the Vertigo tour there was a lot of excited talk about the band (or Bono and Edge at least) coming out during soundcheck or on arrival at the venues to sign stuff for fans waiting. The first Dublin show will be my first U2 concert and I am so excited, the only thing that could make it something truly magical would be somehow seeing them outside and getting something signed - to be honest it would be great just to say 'hi' and 'thanks'.

I know we're only 3 shows into the tour but is there any reports of the boys popping out to sign things for those waiting around the back doors of the venues? Or alternatively is anyone aware the time at which the band are turning up to soundcheck on show days?

And lastly - is anyone in Dublin over those 3 show days planning on doing the same thing? Personally I'm just gonna take my Joshua Tree vinyl sleeve along, wait around for a bit and see what happens :wink:

I'm thinking about trying. I want something special to happen for my birthday. I got Adam and Bono's signature on my JT Vinyl back in March in NYC.

I'm also hoping for Berlin and that they'll stay at the Adlon again, at least Bono, because he might stay in town for some political business.

I don't know if they're allowed to fly out that late, depends on the regulations for private jets, they are different in every city.

Nothing really on-topic, but I keep reading the title of this thread as "how to feed the band...." :huh:

Meeting U2?

Sorry if this has previously been posted before. I searched and got nothing. What would be the best way to meet U2? When? After the show or before? I'm not getting my hopes up but every fan dreams of it. I really want to meet Edge most, since he is my idol. I guess this seems like a dumb question but I've never done this before.

After the shows is not a good chance. Before the shows find the enterence where they come in.

U2-Raleigh

(X-posted)

Hey everyone!:wave:

I'm a total newbie around here, but I've been a lifelong U2 fan. I've had SO many issues over the years trying to get tickets and I've finally gotten tix to the Raleigh show. My hubby's gonna be driving me up from Greensboro and dropping me off/picking me up. Can you believe he doesn't like U2? And I still married him..wow
winky.gif

Anyhow I'm curious about a couple of things. I was so shocked that tickets were even available a month ago that I totally spazzed and didn't get GA tix. What a shame, but its for the better I suppose because it will be just me and I didn't know how I'd get away for bathroom breaks and whatnot.

So here are my Q's..1. I know that on some of the other tours fans were able to wait in certain areas before the show and get autographs/pics/handshakes,etc. Are the boys doing that this time around? And if so where exactly do I need to be in/around the stadium and at what time? I have to stress the ridiculous importance of this because this concert is seriously on my top 5 bucket list. I'm not joking haha.
hyper.gif

2. I want to have plenty of time to do the aforementioned thing as well as mosey around and buy a shirt or two and change into it. What time should I be there in order to do that.

You guys will have to forgive me for being such a greenie with this stuff but I've just never gotten to go.:reject: My seats are in Sect1.Row V. Seat 17. Anyone gonna be near me? Know if these are good seats?

I'll be looking forward to bumping into some of you folks. And please excuse this post if it sounds a bit hazy..I'm down with some sort of flu right now and have just announced to my husband that even if I have to drag my half-dead carcass into the show by my fingernails I'll be there screaming for Bono and the boys.

Sorry if this is dumb, but how would I find where they come in?

It's usually the loading dock area of the stadium. Look around where all the tractor trailers are parked for a big entrance to the place. They usually arrive in black SUVs. Sometimes they will come out right after they arrive and other times Bono has come out a bit later. Seems like between 4 and 6pm this time around. Good Luck! :wink:

(X-posted)
I want to have plenty of time to do the aforementioned thing as well as mosey around and buy a shirt or two and change into it. What time should I be there in order to do that.

At the show I went to they had a merchandise table set up outside where the GA line started. We arrived around noon and fans were already buying stuff. :wink:

It's usually the loading dock area of the stadium. Look around where all the tractor trailers are parked for a big entrance to the place. They usually arrive in black SUVs. Sometimes they will come out right after they arrive and other times Bono has come out a bit later. Seems like between 4 and 6pm this time around. Good Luck! :wink:

Thanks a lot dmalezi! :wave:

and good luck to those who will try it! :up:

I've met them several times at their hotels in San Francisco, NY, Georgia, and LA and they were never put out by it. If they don't want to stop they don't, but often one of the security guys will come up and set the crowd up for their arrival, even telling the cool people when they are coming out.

Exactly!!! I recall back in 1987 we met them all for about half an hour outside the Whitney Hotel in Minniapolis and they were anything but "put off" by it. They actually had a lot of fun with it. So don't listen to the guy/girl saying "Don't try to meet them at the hotel" - if you want to then go ahead.

Ughh, I feel so unlucky! I live no more than half an hour from each of them and have never met them or seen them other than at a show. Adam lives like pretty much down the road!! A lot of people come over here and actually find out where their houses are which is pretty weird...there's such a thing as privacy!! Hopefully I'll randomly bump into them one day. Wishful thinking :D x

I didn't meet them, but at the Toronto 2 concert, the girls in front of me in GA did. They had their shirts signed and took pics with Bono :D They told me the secret is to wait in the parking garage of the venue after the show, as the band always goes to some after party. Just saying...

:lol: Just stalk them til they give in :wink:

In all seriousness it really is pot luck meeting these guys. I have just been fortunate that the times I have set out to meet them, I have met at least some of them :shifty:

I just had beginners luck the very first time and met the lesser spotted Larry.

Ughh, I feel so unlucky! I live no more than half an hour from each of them and have never met them or seen them other than at a show. Adam lives like pretty much down the road!! A lot of people come over here and actually find out where their houses are which is pretty weird...there's such a thing as privacy!! Hopefully I'll randomly bump into them one day. Wishful thinking :D x

Randomly bumping into them would be the best way to meet. One day I am sure you will!

Back
Top Bottom