Hanover Quay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BONO IS A LEGEND! BUT I HOPE THAT I MIGHT THE REST OF THE BAND OR EVEN IF THERE THERE TOMORROW!!:lol:

Ryaner... are you gonna ask the same question over and over again. Make a freakin' decision yourself!!!! Go down if you think you should.

Great story of your meeting folks! It is fab to hear the guys are still there.

Did any of you get any indication of how long they would be there... or if they were breaking and then coming back. I am gonna try to get there in May or June.

Bono's Tart....awesome... thanks for sharing :)

Carrie

Ryaner! Congrats on meeting Bono. What a thrill :up: I wish you the best of luck in meeting the rest of the lads.

Bono's Tart thanks for the info :)

*crosses fingers* Hopefully someday I'll get my chance.. at the very least I need to sign that wall.. I didn't last year as my brother didn't want to stick around there too long :madspit: :giggle:

THANKS!! I HAD TO LEAVE THE HQ EARLY TODAY SO I DONT NO IF ANYONE ELSE HAD COME OUT!:(

:lol: You're a bit excited aren't you? I remember that heady feely after meeting them.....

I think it was such a fluke when we met Larry, there was only me and 2 others outside at midnight. He approached us and chatted away for about 10 minutes. He's an awesome guy. We remained calm and let him initiate most things as we are very aware of how he doen't 'do the fan thing'. When we saw him (whilst with a mob of other fans) a few days later, he recognised us and chatted again with a huge grin!

Ryaner - just go for it. Go down when you want, for how long you want. No one can decide that for you :wink: and you have nothing to lose by going down. Worst case scenario is that they're not there or you miss them, but at least you'll be satisfied knowing that you tried.

I COULDNT WAIT UNTIL MIDNIGHT ON A SCHOOL NIGHT TO MEET LARRY! I WOULD BUT THE TROUBLE I'D GET INTO WOULD BE HUGE!:lol: :lol:

RavenBlue said:
Exactly.. I agree with what Gluey said.

I'd be over the moon too if I met any of them.. I wouldn't need a plane home.. I'd just slowly float back to Canada :giggle:

Believe me Raven, i was UTTERLY over the moon to meet all of them (Best day of my life!!!!!!)

:) I'll bet Susan.

I'd be careful going waiting there after dark.. I know I'd likely need to find someone to go with me if I planned to stay that late. It's not a great neighbourhood.. well it's better than it used to be.. but still :wink:

It's the same worldwide anywhere at night, even here in the middle of the woods :giggle: You don't catch me wandering around alone after dark. Common sense.. it comes in handy sometimes.

I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed (I'd cross my eyes but... :wink: ) that you'll get a chance to meet the other lads.

Bon chance!

Its Great you met bono :D Nice photos too ;)

Try Again If not Maybe wait till some of the plea fans go so you can meet them and wait with them too ;)

ryaner, why are you yelling all the time? Is there a problem with the SHIFT button on your keyboard?

Sorry.

It's great you met Bono. He won't be there much longer, because he's heading to the US within the next days to do some political work. Don't know if the other guys will continue recording without him, but it's very likely they will.

Yeah... Bono is off to the US... appearing on American Idol as well as other stuff

Ryaner.... see if you can find out anything. Very rarely do you get info straight off from them (they are unlikely to give away their exact movements, and rightly so). Bono is a lovely man but he can lie like the devil!!! LOL But asking can't help.

If they will be there in May or esp June, I would be a happy bunny.

:)

Carrie

Originally posted by Carrie Anderson Bono is a lovely man but he can lie like the devil!!! LOL But asking can't help.

If they will be there in May or esp June, I would be a happy bunny.

:)

And what a lovely devil he makes :evil:

Or even later in April :drool:

I couldnt make it down to HQ today! NO! Does anyone know how long they are staying there?:eyebrow:

gluey said:
:lol: You're a bit excited aren't you? I remember that heady feely after meeting them.....

I think it was such a fluke when we met Larry, there was only me and 2 others outside at midnight. He approached us and chatted away for about 10 minutes. He's an awesome guy. We remained calm and let him initiate most things as we are very aware of how he doen't 'do the fan thing'. When we saw him (whilst with a mob of other fans) a few days later, he recognised us and chatted again with a huge grin!

I remember your original story gluey. It must bring back great memories to think about it now. It was outside his hotel right?

Congratulations to everyone who met them yesterday. Wow you're truly lucky Ryaner to have met them on your first try. I just can't believe this is the first time going to the studio if you live right in Dublin!!

Just got back to Manchester after my very exciting meeting yesterday. Don't worry Ryaner I will forward the photos to you when I get sorted out - did you get any of us with the girls?

I will post my story tomorrow and post the photo as I told Bono's Tart there was only about 12 of us and everyone was lovely, including Ryaner and his son, a couple from Belgium and a couple from Italy who had never met any of them before. Although I have met all the band before and Bono 4 times now, I can still remember what a thrill the first time is so I was so pleased that everyone got their signatures and photos. It makes all the difference when everyone is friendly and polite instead of pushing and shoving which has happened a lot recently.

Bono was in a superb mood, my 2 daughters were with us who are 10 (although Kirsty is 11 tomorrow - what a birthday present!!) and 8 and he kept going to draw moustaches on their faces and they kept laughing and running off which amused everyone!!!

We didn't go down to the studios today as I felt that was a bit stalkerish going down again when we got such good photos and signatures yesterday (although I was tempted!!!) but when we went in the Clarence, we found out from someone we know that Edge was upstairs in a meeting, so that made me think that the rest of the band wouldn't be at the studios.

Anyway I am off to bed now, so full story and photos tomorrow!!!

BonosCamerawoma said:

Bono was in a superb mood, my 2 daughters were with us who are 10 (although Kirsty is 11 tomorrow - what a birthday present!!) and 8 and he kept going to draw moustaches on their faces and they kept laughing and running off which amused everyone!!!

Oh, thanks for sharing that!!! He is such a sweetheart and you tend to forget he is a dad, so he obviously showed that side of him with your kids.

I just love him more and more when I read things like this. :)

Carrie

Back
Top Bottom