Got back from Dublin and oh yeah... MET BONO!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono-vox said:
*packs bags*

Right oi PLeBA girls .....yeh u lucky ones......

Ive been living here 17 years........

Im having no luck

Im gonna follow you all aboot and then im *gonna* have to meet u2 someday!!!!!

You r so lucky............melpop.....im takin u with me :D

[color=royal blue]Aw :([/color]

bono-vox said:
im already here baby......inform me what is a discoboooos?

Is it like a VW campervan?!?! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

[color=royal blue]You know I have no idear.

Who has that video?
[/color]

Thanks for cheering me up... all that crap was getting me down...

I went shopping today with my faithful U2 friends... and we hyped ourselves up... so that helped too!

It's nice to know you've enjoyed my story... it makes me happy :)

Read your story a few hours ago but couldn't get my fingers together to write something.

*jealous* Yupp, that's me..... :D But SO happy for you! :)

Congrats or whatever you say in this situation. I had to share it with a few non U2 friends and they were stunned. But as always they had to say:
"IF this is true, then I'm impressed"

I guaranteed them that it is true. :) Don't care about what's said in the other thread, ok??!!

*Off to bed in hopes for Bono to turn up.....*

Sicy said:
Well I guess I should thank you for this thread because last nite I had a dream that I saw Bono grocery shopping and I went up to him, said hello and he kissed me.

Fuck it was so real.

:scream:

I hope one day it will be. For you and me both!

Melpop said:
Thanks for cheering me up... all that crap was getting me down...

I went shopping today with my faithful U2 friends... and we hyped ourselves up... so that helped too!

It's nice to know you've enjoyed my story... it makes me happy :)

I've been a U2 fan for a while, pretty serious for about a year and I wanted to say that I believed your story right away. This is Bono, he does unbelievable things like stealing boats, like stripping down to his underwear in interviews, like giving fans rides in his cars. With all this backstory, why wouldn't it make sense that he would give a kiss to a fan? Girl, you've totally done it! You knew what you wanted, you asked for it and you got it! If people give you a hard time or don't believe you, whatever, you have major guts and I completely salute you for that!!! ;)

I like to think that Bono is a character who's never out of character. :lol: :lol: I'm not familiar with the story about the interview-with-underwear story but I do know the story about the boats.......:lol: :lol: ...so why not a kiss for a fan?

Bonochick said:

I uploaded it to my web space!

Disco Boooooooooooooooos!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the link. I've never saw that video and now I know what's a DiscoBus. I felt dumb to ask you gals to explain to me what it was. Anyone know who brought it or for how much?

Melpop don't regret sharing your experience cause at least I get to live vicariously through you. Just like Sicy this caused me to have a dream about Bono but it wasn't anything like what Sicy dreamt. I dreamt I was a reporter following Bono around along with other reporters except when I was about to meet him I woke up! :scream:
At least I dreamt about him :wink:

Last edited:
ITA! As I've said, I don't think I could ever ask a celeb for a kiss. I once got a kiss from Tom Cruise though, I don't know what possessed me, my bf dared me LOL. I don't think I could ever ask for a kiss, that takes bravery man LOL

Don't let the bastards get you down!!!

wow...i leave for a week and i miss this? mel, whatever ppl say, just remember this forever cause it's one of those once in a lifetime things! that's awesome! i'm still in shock! i gotta get to ireland one of these days...but then, i would be too shocked to even ask for a picture...but that's just me. way to have courage, and take advantage of the situation...AGAIN!!!

MelPop.... I have to say that your story has completely and totally disrupted my entire weekend!!! lol! I swear I have not been able to write you a little note since when I read it last night, I read it , then read it again.... and it just blew my mind! AMAZING! God help me I could not sleep I just kept thinking about it. I am so happy for you! I think that this is the most amazing story I have ever read, it is so beautiful and Bono is so beautiful in that picture~ I even rewatched the Montreal video today and showed my entire family, haha, since they were over for Father's Day, lol, they all made it clear that they think I am crazy but I read them your story, showed them that AMAZING Fly video and can I tell you every time I watch that, the Bono moans are just too much to handle! AMAZING is all I can say, in fact my brother told me I had to stop using the word amazing over and over to describe it, but I just don't know what else to say!
I am truely envious of your story, my Bono kiss on the cheek was one thing....but just imagining this in the Bonomercedes is just too much to bear! WOW!:ohmy:
I think Bono is incredible....he knows how much "a lift" means to one of "us" so he goes ahead and makes people happy all the time. This story is just proof.
I love your picture, Bono looks hot, I feel jealousy in the pit of my stomach (to be honest!) but stories like these make me love U2 and Bono even more than I do, it makes me shiver with excitement, and can't wait for them to come back . . .
Thanks for sharing in detail this beautiful event, and I hope you will be able to one day sleep again. I know its hard when you try to replay events like this in your mind over and over again~
It might take me a few nights to get over what happened to you... but thanks, I too had very sweet Bono dreams last night, I think it may have to do with the fact I kept trying to picture myself with Bono's arm wrapped around me and his lips entwined in mine...... good Lord. Ok, gotta go now....thanks again!

Wow Mel, u lucky mofo....:D If that were me, no way could I kiss him.........to me that would ruin the 'love for Bono' I already have, but u, u have BALLS girl!!!!!!!!!!:yes:

Anyway, interestin how Larry keeps runnin away, keeps escapin..........damn, when Im down.....if I see Larz I'd be able to grab his ass for a piccie dressed like a Harley girl, dancin mad like an eejit to Elvis remix of 'A Little Less Conversation'........actually I should check Dublin out, maybe I could stumble across an Elvis Concert tape down there, one of the 'older' concerts, damn none up here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

ANYWAY.......Id say 'Yo Larry, for feck sake come and pose for a b&w shot wi' me!'....and get all posey with him......I have a good idea of a good pose to cheer his lid up...................then Id send it to Christine and make her jeeeeeeeeeealous...............:mac:

:D

((((((((((((((((((((sicy))))))))))))))))))

Last edited:
Melissa you are a Bono magnet! Lightning does strike twice! You get pulled up by him in Montreal for your roll, and then on your trip to Dublin you meet him and you get a ride and a kiss! All that time you were in the other areas of Ireland, and Bono was in Africa, I was wondering if you'd both end up in Dublin at the same time, but you did, and it worked out perfectly! WOW!:) Oh and that pic is just incredible! He looks so sexay! :tongue:

Melpop that's a great story!!! Congrats! That man is just too fine for words!! And a kiss!?!?! Can it get any better?

Don't let the naysayers get you down. I had a Bono experience that some people doubted but I know it's true. At least you've got photografic proof--and a really nice shot I might add!

Melpop, I've said it before and I'll say it again, You are my hero!!!

Congratulations!! You are so FRICKEN lucky!! I'm so glad he remembered you!

*dies*:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Oh, and plenty of people will be plenty of jealous. (that includes me, but I'm jealous in a harmless way). Don't regret that you posted the story, you've brightened many a PLEBA poster with your story.

Damm girl, you are sooooooo damm lucky!!!!!:drool: :drool:

Oh

My

Dad!

Wow ... i am speechless. You are truly fortunate to have not one, but two wonderful, mindblowing, amazing experiences with Bono.

I hope some of your good luck rubs off on me.

You lucky Lucky girl!!!! I'm SO Happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stories like this make me think that anything is possible in life!

Again, CONGRATS!!! I hope you are able to sleep soon.....

[color=royal blue]OK The Discoboos that we need to cover with Melpop's Bono-Seducing Cooties is getting kinda full heehhe[/color]:huh:

Melpop takes a ride with Bono?!?!?!?!

:shocked: :ohmy: OMG! I'm freaking out here! That was the best story that I have ever read about any fan in my life! I guess Bono is telling the truth when he says that he is not a celebrity. A celebrity would have never done what he did for you in a million years!

:scream: I want to go to Dublin and meet Bono too!

:love: Stories like this can give a person hope.

The hope to meet Bono!:bono:

I got my first night of sleep... I pratically fell unconscious yesterday around 3 am and woke up at 1 pm... it was about time!

People keep on saying how courageous I've been to ask him for a kiss... but honestly, I really don't know how that came out of my mouth! Besides, I thought people asked him for hugs n' stuff all the time... I guess I was pushing it with a kiss... but when he accepted, my fears went away. I just thought that in the position we where in, a hug would of been difficult in the car.

I really thought it was a common thing... the things you do when you are stunned...

Back
Top Bottom