Got back from Dublin and oh yeah... MET BONO!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Melpop

You story is just so amazing, I am so so happy for you if not a little jeleous.

My sis and I are already planning our Dublin trip when they are recording the new album - cannot wait - I just hope we have some of your luck.

Lisa

well Edge said they're allready writing for the new one, so it might get out even next year or so...
hm I would really lol if it turns out that Bono picked you out... he did recognize miroslava for the *millionth* time... that gal is also very very lucky! but she probably posted all her stories here allready, I'm still waiting on the last one from her detroit show...I can't believe that she actually got cool with adam, and Bono seeing her once again... hmmm I really wanna borrow some luck from you gals if I ever get a chacne to go to a u2 show or dublin....

Melpop. Methinks dat boy is a sucker for pretty girls. You shall be beaten with a wet noodle for naughtiness hencceforth. Kissing him on the neck and all. :grin:
C'est Si Bono!

Devlin said:
Melpop. Methinks dat boy is a sucker for pretty girls. You shall be beaten with a wet noodle for naughtiness hencceforth. Kissing him on the neck and all. :grin:
C'est Si Bono!

:flirt:

I guess that is what lack of sleep does to me...

I just read through this entire post and I'm burning with envy! You *KISSED* Bono! AHHHHHH! I'm soooooo happy for you. What incredible luck. He obviously had *some* sort of connection with you. He isn't that way with all his fans. This story really made me so happy inside. I think as I drift off to sleep tonight, I'll imagine it was me in that car. I hope you don't mind. :wink: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Hey! thats so cool and im in dublin right now (well on the computer in our room in the clarence - too cool!) im TOTALLY taking a trip to the recording studios tomorrow..HALLELUJAH!!! that was a great story, you're so lucky! and he remembered you..hes the best!

This is just... Too great.. The story just sounds too good to be true!! But it was true!! Wow... I just wanted to say I'm so happy for you that you had the opportunity of living this experience... Really!! :)

I did not get to see the photos, I guess because the post has been up here for some time now..

But is there anyway I could get to still see them..? :)

JanuaryStar said:
This is just... Too great.. The story just sounds too good to be true!! But it was true!! Wow... I just wanted to say I'm so happy for you that you had the opportunity of living this experience... Really!! :)

I did not get to see the photos, I guess because the post has been up here for some time now..

But is there anyway I could get to still see them..? :)

You can see them here in the folder: my special pictures

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/melpop_

How many times were you blessed to meet him besides on the stage during that wonderful melody. Has he remembered you from the previous time or times? Just so curious I hope you don't mind. :wink:

JCOSTER said:
How many times were you blessed to meet him besides on the stage during that wonderful melody. Has he remembered you from the previous time or times? Just so curious I hope you don't mind. :wink:

I met him once on stage and once in Dublin. He says that I was familiar to him.... and he was wondering why... but I don't actually believe that he knew who I was.

Melpop said:

I met him once on stage and once in Dublin. He says that I was familiar to him.... and he was wondering why... but I don't actually believe that he knew who I was.

He said that to me too, "Did I meet you before?" and wondering - the first time I met him. Such a sweet talker... ;)

I wonder if i hold up a sign at my next u2 gig..
'Bono do you remember me from cardiff? sat in seat e32? I waved at you!'

Well, I should say he had seen my face before, but I am sure he would not remember passing some random gal for five seconds on W. 56th St. in NY 11 years later...he's good, but not THAT good. :wink:

4 years afterwards...and I've just read your incredible story melpop!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH THUD THUD THUDDDDD:drool: :drool: :drool:

Those pics of you and him on stage too *dies*
then you wrote - 'I think at this point he kissed me'
O...M...G!

:ohmy:

Melpop.. good for u!! great story..

Go to youtube and a video of you and Bono at the concert has just been posted.. (sorry, can't post links.. new here)

It is called "Bono and a fan (The Fly)"

Whooooooooa!!!:ohmy: I just got to know about this story yesterday and I got amazed at it!!!! Really really lucky girl for having met Bono twice!!! Why do some people have so much while others have so little?? :sad: But hopefully my day will come... :wink: Thanks Melpop for sharing your story!!!

Last edited:
i know i'm a little late also, but i just read your incredible story, and i'm soooo soo soooo happy for your wonderful story-of-a-lifetime meeting!!! <3<33

Back
Top Bottom