DUBLIN last week: met BONO and EDGE !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angelofdublin

The Fly
Hi girlies,

We did it again!! We (Bonolady and i) saw our beloved B'man and Edge in Dublin last week:drool:

To end the january blues we booked a little trip to Dublin. (The weather was a lot better over there than in Holland by the way).

When we arrived, we decided to throw our stuff in the hotel and dress up to go for a drink.

We went to Lillies (we've been there a few times before, so it seemed to be a good place to start the girls weekend).

We went in, ordered a drink, looked aroud and decided to sit next to the dancefloor. 1 minute later a little man with long blond hair walked by (in the direction of the vip-part of the club).
I hit Bonolady and said to her: OMG LOOK OVER THERE, IT'S GUGGI. :eek:

I instantly felt Bono had to be there as well, since i've seen pics of both of them going for a drink.
But i thought Bono would be in the vip-area, so we wouldn't be able to see him. We decided to stand at another table, so we could spot him if he was still to arrive.
After a few minutes Guggi came back en walked to past us to a corner of the club right behind us.
(3 meters). There was a bunch of people sitting there and we didn't pay much attention to them.

A little later Bonolady turned aroud and she went all white :eek:
She then pinched me in the arm very hard, her eyes rolled out of her head: :shocked: and said: THERE HE IS, LOOK LOOK OVER THERE, RIGHT BEHIND US, IT'S BONO!!!

I didn't believe her at first, thought she would make fun of me when i believed her, but she kept on saying: LOOK, PLEASE LOOK.

So i did and yes: it was our man in the flesh.:drool: Ooooh man, what did he look good!!!
His shirt was a little open, the hair short, which looked very hot:drool: and while he was talking to the people he was with, he put off his sunglasses!!! We could look right into his eyes!!:combust: :sigh: .

I leave the rest of the story to bonolady now....

Last edited:
like angel said, he looked so damn good !!! :combust: He had a really good time with his friends. We could easily approach him but we didn't do that, out of respect for him. We didn't stare at him all the time. And sometimes I even turned my back on him...:wink: That was very difficult, but he has the right to have privacy...... We stood almost next to him for the next 2 hours.... OMG.... The last song they were paying that night was "one" . :confused: Very surprisingly, because this is not the kind of music the usually play in Lillies. It must have been an ode to our Bono... :bow: It was very strange to HEAR Bono sing, and not SEE him sing !! At the end of the song, he started a kind of karaoke, stood up and waved with his hands..... :drool: This song will never be the same again 4 us !!!!

Last edited:
omg, that is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing this story, as a lot of us have been wondering where the boy was at! How fun to be standing so close to him and observing him having fun w/his friends. Good for you for not approaching him! It must have been tempting, but you're right, he needs some down time like everyone else.

Did you see Edge too, then?

Next day we went 4 a little tour with our car, we went up to Edge's house. As we stood there, the gates opened and a woman in a car entered the gates. Because we didn't want to intrude, we left shortly after she got in. She must have called Edge..... We drove ahead and a 20 seconds after we left we "bumped" into Edge. He approached us in his car and as he saw us, he smiled and waved :wink: He looked as if they had just pulled him from stage with his black beanie :edge: He looked good. He's so cool !!! An hour later we ran into him again (yes ... unbelievable) he drove in a different car and waved again :combust: ...... This trip was so divine !!! I'm still floating .... :angel:

OH Wow, you were so lucky to see Bono and be able to be so close to him that evening. Great that you let him have his privacy. I would have been so nervious to be there! Congrats and thank you for telling your story.

forbonou2 said:
:wink: Now that WILL chase the january blues away, Huh?!:sexywink: :yes:

hmmmm, you bet, my dear!!!

it was so surreal to see bono do the karaoke to one (it was the mary j blige version btw). i guess he liked the song :wink:

That's wonderful, I'm happy for ya'll, may I ask what kind of music they play at Lilliies

Last edited:
angelofdublin said:

not a bad place to be, but then again: dublin is just 1 1/2 hours away from holland.....

Great story, you're very lucky too!

Can you provide me with some info on travelling to Dublin, I'm dutch too and planning to go there this august :)
what date was he in lillies btw? thursday?

You two ladies should become tour guides for Plebans heading to Dublin..congrats on meeting them again!
I dont keep up on all the posts here but I saw in your profile, Bonolady, that you got a letter from Bono? What was that all about?!?!:combust:
Tell us briefly or send me the link..Id love to know!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom