Bono In Grand Rapids, Michigan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Merc said:

Thanks Lies... it's nice to hear about the part of the speach that wasn't put on the net :up: Btw, I think someone posted here that he also included something about Sudan in his speach (?) - that would be a new addition... :)

Yes, he talked a bit about Sudan/Dafur and said how he was in a bad mood b/c they had a bad day in Washington, DC. Apparently he was there with DATA earlier that day.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Yes, he talked a bit about Sudan/Dafur and said how he was in a bad mood b/c they had a bad day in Washington, DC. Apparently he was there with DATA earlier that day.

Ok - thanks! :up:

JCOSTER said:
It is terrible what the US is doing to Sudan, a little step backwards for Bonos cause.

The Sudan/Darfur issue is very complex. It's impossible to make accurate judgments regarding the US's involvement based on the current media coverage. What the House did the other day was terrible, yes, but there are many other factors that the media doesn't cover or doesn't acurately cover. I've got a friend who works for Save Dafur in Washington, DC and she routinely explains to me the real motivations behind budget cuts and the withdrawal of aid. Sometimes it's not always the US being greedy.

The Sudan/Darfur issue is very complex. It's impossible to make accurate judgments regarding the US's involvement based on the current media coverage. What the House did the other day was terrible, yes, but there are many other factors that the media doesn't cover or doesn't acurately cover. I've got a friend who works for Save Dafur in Washington, DC and she routinely explains to me the real motivations behind budget cuts and the withdrawal of aid. Sometimes it's not always the US being greedy.

Gotchya. I can totally understand.:wink:

it is amazing how much people who are dealing with this sort of thing can put life in prespective for me...
i will whine about some little thing then remember all of this and pause...
i think that is one of the biggest things Bono does, he makes millions of people stop and realise they haven't got it so bad in the big picture and they need to stop complaining and put some of that noise making into bigger causes to help all of humanity, thus themselves.

hmm that was a tangent rant... but i tangent a lot :D

I drive up to GR and waited around in the lobby with a small sign I made at work "I need ONE ticket", did anyone see me? I was given a ticket thanks to some folks who's friends couldn't get a sitter. I had a great table with the comerica bankers and we had a wonderful time. I thought more people would try scalping. I had a blast!

putzele said:
I drive up to GR and waited around in the lobby with a small sign I made at work "I need ONE ticket", did anyone see me? I was given a ticket thanks to some folks who's friends couldn't get a sitter. I had a great table with the comerica bankers and we had a wonderful time. I thought more people would try scalping. I had a blast!

Awesome!!!

I don't think people scalped because there weren't tickets to scalp. Comerica is large so they probably had a corporate table, but the majority of the tables were places for individual memberships. With those, you had to send in the names of the people going before April 26 and you had to have the name tag. I suppose people could've made up names, scapled tickets, and then told the buyers what their "name" was. But it was a pretty small event and everyone I know that's a member was genuinely interested and went, not interested in scalping.

oh duh! Yeah, Renee's system rocks.

(hey do you have a clean version of the Grand Madness interview? We REALLY like that one but my copy is like a 10th gen VHS)
this might be a little off topic and really really late, but i just reuploaded the TFI a Grand Madness interview, and thought i would post the link here so you could see it again if you haven't already ;]
http://www.sav efile.com/projects/1062193

Back
Top Bottom