Bono In Grand Rapids, Michigan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woohoo, Renee in the Press! :hyper:

However, I must say that Chris Knape guy was a little weird. He kept following us and interrupting us. It seemed like he was more interested in writing about people stalking Bono (which no one was) than the actual event. I dunno about Renee, but he only asked Laura and I ONE question about the dinner/speech. At one point, he ran up to us and was telling us how to sneak into the VIP reception. :der: Yeah, I wasn't really interested in getting tossed out before we even sat down to dinner.

So yeah, just to clarify, we were there to hear Bono speak. Getting a picture would've been the icing on the cake. :D

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Woohoo, Renee in the Press! :hyper:

Did you see the pictures on page two?

:lol:

EDIT: This is eep using Laura's name because I'm too lazy too log her out.........

Stories for Boys said:

Did you see the pictures on page two?

:lol:

EDIT: This is eep using Laura's name because I'm too lazy too log her out.........

No?.... we only get the weekend Press!

Does anyone else think that Bono's right eye looks a little swollen? Look at the fifth pic that Kelly Ahern took (great pix, Kelly!).
Over all, he looks a lot better rested than he has in the last few months. I'm so glad...the poor guy is wearing himself down.
Maybe he needs some hugs...you guys can help! :D

Last edited:
kellyahern said:
a670b674.jpg

This is the pic, if I've done this right. Sorry about the confusion...I'm still trying to figure out how this all works! :)

Look at his right eye - there's no crease above the eye, but there is on the left one (his left). He's mentioned before he has problems with his right eye.

Yeah I definitely noticed that too.... Wonder if it's any relation to that previous eyepatch story that was floating around... :hmm:

Rini said:
Does anyone else think that Bono's right eye looks a little swollen? Look at the fifth pic

Yes, sadly. If you look at the photo (where he tilts his head) long enough, Bono's right eye appears swollen.

So maybe the rumors about the eye patch in NYC weren't just rumors ...

It does look swollen, poor baby. Hmmm. Didn't notice that before.

I thought Bono was actually somewhere other than NYC the night he supposedly had an eyepatch, and also that story was removed from the "stalker" website.

I didn't see anything wrong with either of his eyes last night. There's a weird shadow in that picture from the reflection of his glasses. I never even would've noticed it if it wasn't pointed out here. Definitely didn't see anything wrong w/ him last night (besides watching him in person, there were three HUGE screens showing him up close), he was acting and looking sharp as usual!

I thought Bono was actually somewhere other than NYC the night he supposedly had an eyepatch, and also that story was removed from the "stalker" website.

I didn't see anything wrong with either of his eyes last night. There's a weird shadow in that picture from the reflection of his glasses. I never even would've noticed it if it wasn't pointed out here. Definitely didn't see anything wrong w/ him last night (besides watching him in person, there were three HUGE screens showing him up close), he was acting and looking sharp as usual!

Thanks! That's good to hear from someone who was there personally. I'm glad to hear that... must just be something about the shadows in the pic... the more I look at other pics, the more I realize his eyes just often do look that way and I just never thought about it. Thank you LivLuv :) (You lucky you! )

These new pictures are making me feel really happy. It’s great to see that’s he’s looking happy and gorgeous too:love: :drool: . Thanks to Liv and Kelly for the updates and for the pictures, respectively:bow:.

Thanks for all the stories you guys!! I'm kind of glad I didnt' go but I would have loved to have hit the town. Hopefully he will hit the Detroit area someday on a speaking tour, or a concert.

BonoFox1 said:
uuuhh...why did this thread get moved to band meetings sightings :eyebrow:

I mean we have had posts liks this all over PLEBA!!...aannnyway...:|

I wondered the same thing. This was a news event, a major public appearance. And no fan actually had a chance to meet the guy. It's really strange that it was moved to this section. :confused: :shrug:

biff said:

I wondered the same thing. This was a news event, a major public appearance. And no fan actually had a chance to meet the guy. It's really strange that it was moved to this section. :confused: :shrug:

I agree. I can account for the fact that maybe a dozen people total met him, and they weren't Interferencers (just random people in the right place at the right time).

Also, there's several actual news articles posted or referenced in this thread.

Yup, it was a mish-mash of everything he usually says. However, he seemed more succinct last night, didn't go off on too many tangents. He also made his objectives very clear from the beginning. Knowing the types of people (and a lot OF the people) in the crowd, the subtle changes made it very well received.

Thanks Lies... it's nice to hear about the part of the speach that wasn't put on the net :up: Btw, I think someone posted here that he also included something about Sudan in his speach (?) - that would be a new addition... :)

Merc said:

Thanks Lies... it's nice to hear about the part of the speach that wasn't put on the net :up: Btw, I think someone posted here that he also included something about Sudan in his speach (?) - that would be a new addition... :)

It is terrible what the US is doing to Sudan, a little step backwards for Bonos cause.

Pop Artist said:
I thought the right eye looked swollen too in some pics, thought it was just me... :shrug:

He was drinking wine that night....... :wink:

Well, I don't know that for sure but I know wine was offered with the meal, so I'm assuming he drank a bit of it.

Back
Top Bottom