Bono Gawker Sighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Me too. Gotta get ready for the tour. 4 1/2 years older than the last tour and I wasn't in GA that time. Like Bono said, I'm gonna do me some pull ups! :lol:

:lol::up: We can do it!!
Ya, general admission takes stamina! We should train in our "sexy boots" so our feet won't be killing us! All us Plebans are going to show up in boots wanna bet? Quick everybody, throw your sexy boots at Bono!! haha! That could get dangerous.

:heart::heart:When I was picking up my copy of SPIN at Borders yesterday--the girl who rang me up said her friend who lives in NY City met Bono in Central Park a couple days ago & they had a nice chat for about 10 minutes. She couldn't hardly believe it. Said he was very talkative & sweet. :cute:

Well in case there should happen to be one person in the world who doesn't know by now: Yes, Bono is indeed SHORT.

Got it? Ok.

Now people please stop saying: He's shorter than I thought everytime someone sees him anywhere.

Seriously, it's getting annoying.

:|

Re: Bono sighting yesterday -- #@$%. Seriously. @#$*!!!!

I was Right. There. 3 blocks away, on the train, at that exact time. And I thought to myself, when at the 79th St. station, maybe I should take a quick walk around the ‘hood just, you know, to see. It’s such a nice afternoon, maybe the B-man is outside enjoying the weather. And I didn’t. And now I have another addition to my too, too long list of “almost-meetings.” :sad::sad::sad:

If you have a minute to respond to this post with a happy, love-filled message, I could really use one right now. Thanks... :heart:

Re: Bono sighting yesterday -- #@$%. Seriously. @#$*!!!!

I was Right. There. 3 blocks away, on the train, at that exact time. And I thought to myself, when at the 79th St. station, maybe I should take a quick walk around the ‘hood just, you know, to see. It’s such a nice afternoon, maybe the B-man is outside enjoying the weather. And I didn’t. And now I have another addition to my too, too long list of “almost-meetings.” :sad::sad::sad:
If you have a minute to respond to this post with a happy, love-filled message, I could really use one right now. Thanks... :heart:

aaaawwwwwwww no!!!!! :no:
day-am!!! :hug: grace40 :hug:

Being a native nyc'r i almost always get :grumpy::crack: when I find out B has been in town for whatever and has left before i knew it! Espoecially when it's a 1-2 day quick visit where there less time to run into him. :D

So you're not alone that way!
And I've visited that nabe for decades for several various types of stores, plus a new shop (for me)that i've added to my list late last year.

Actually while i was on the subway i was thinking of going there this sunday to the new (for me) store! :lol:

you'll run into him one day. :hug:

Well in case there should happen to be one person in the world who doesn't know by now: Yes, Bono is indeed SHORT.

Got it? Ok.

Now people please stop saying: He's shorter than I thought everytime someone sees him anywhere.

Seriously, it's getting annoying.:|

I can tell you why people say that {IMHO :wink: }-- because it's also happened when I meet Roger Daltrey (The Who) back in ? early-mid 70's and Bruce (Springsteen) walked right by me same ear.

I always thought they were taller, too! :yes:
Roger's ? 5' 6"- 5' 5" I'm 5' 7" and Bruce is ? 5' 7" - 5' 8".....

....see it's because they are such talented singers and on-stage frontmen for their bands. They project incredible states of emotion, they're full of vitality & power....
...that you don't notice that they're shorter than some or all of their bandmates. :)

The same with Bono for the same reasons. :hyper::love::drool:

Plus while i think it's somewhat less now--- fictional Tv & Movie media usually has had the men be taller than the women when anything remotely realted to attraction shows up in the stories. SO that then also adds into iconic imagery in our semi-consciousness.

It's a very viseceral & physchological experience. :D

Back
Top Bottom