Anyone Met Member Of U2 But Got Snubbed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

passingcat

The Fly
Hear how each and everyone of these guys are really fab to their fans when meeting or having a stage encounter but wondering if any of yer caught em at a bad moment

My friend lucy who may i add is very attractive (so he wasn't rejecting her on looks...) got right near the front of an elevation tour UK and blew a kiss to Bono(he was right near to her) whilst sat on her mates shoulders but he blew her out and ignored her for the rest the show-apparently Edge saw her heartbreak and smiled reassuringly at her for 5 minutes realizing she was gutted....

guys must have bad days as well-he didn't pull a girl out the crowd that day either

ever got em in a bad mood?

ps: It affected her so bad she lost abit of confidence and didn't listen to her U2 albums for 8 months-I think all she wanted was a smile and couldn't believe he was so pissed off !! he normally laps it up i'd say

Last edited:
467a24d8.jpg

He's still bitter about it too.

:wink:

I looked at Bono for like two hours straight and he never called me out of Section 312 Row 8 and onto the stage. WHAT A FUCKING JERK!

passingcat said:

My friend lucy who may i add is very attractive (so he wasn't rejecting her on looks...) got right near the front of an elevation tour UK and blew a kiss to Bono(he was right near to her) whilst sat on her mates shoulders but he blew her out and ignored her for the rest the show-apparently Edge saw her heartbreak and smiled reassuringly at her for 5 minutes realizing she was gutted....

Um, what does "but he blew her out" mean?

And how exactly did he ignore her?

Just curious.

Also, you never know... if this story is true... and he did something rude in response to her blowing a kiss to him, there may have been more to it or a misunderstanding of some sort.

I'm still curious what "blew her out" means though. LOL.

she probably just thought he ignored her. he either was in the middle of singing, didnt even realize... or some other thing. he goes into his own little world sometimes when on stage. or he saw her, but just didn't really respond... i mean, i bet there's hundreds of women (and maybe even men, lol) throeing him kisses. some people tend to think they are the only ones in the entire crowd and if bono doesnt give them absolute full attention, then that means he's being rude or ignoring them, when it isnt the case. just my 2 cents.

MattFromNYC said:
she probably just thought he ignored her. he either was in the middle of singing, didnt even realize... or some other thing. he goes into his own little world sometimes when on stage. or he saw her, but just didn't really respond... i mean, i bet there's hundreds of women (and maybe even men, lol) throeing him kisses. some people tend to think they are the only ones in the entire crowd and if bono doesnt give them absolute full attention, then that means he's being rude or ignoring them, when it isnt the case. just my 2 cents.

that exactly what I am thinking......B has so much going on while onstage I am sure he never even saw her.......I've done stuff like that..just been so wrapped up in something I dont' even see someone I know like in stores and stuff. And plus women are doing it all around him, not like he can stop and pay attention to every single on of em.

yeah, and they seem to think he is literally a god, and can give equal amounts of attention to each person, at the same time.. or even notice them when they are 200 feet away and expect him to single them out (that is when they realize they actually are NOT the only woman in the crowd..).

MattFromNYC said:
yeah, and they seem to think he is literally a god, and can give equal amounts of attention to each person, at the same time.. or even notice them when they are 200 feet away and expect him to single them out (that is when they realize they actually are NOT the only woman in the crowd..).

*hides my "Bono is God" tank top from Matt:shifty:

LOL. Nah, don't worry, lol. You can wear your "Bono is God" shirt. :wink:

It's all innocent.. (that is until you start literally building your own Church of Bono and thinking he is the son of God, or... literally THE God himself.. but then again... you never really know... :ohmy: :wink: )

MattFromNYC said:
LOL. Nah, don't worry, lol. You can wear your "Bono is God" shirt. :wink:

It's all innocent.. (that is until you start literally building your own Church of Bono and thinking he is the son of God, or... literally THE God himself.. but then again... you never really know... :ohmy: :wink: )

*scraps plans to build "Temple of Bono"

darn:sigh:

he he he....I wore that shirt to a show that I took my mom too....I whipped my long sleeve shirt off revealing my Bono shirt...my mom was like"put that back on! Someone is going to get angry at you" I was like "ma.....someone who is going to get offended at my shirt needs a life.....if they are actually going to think that I really think Bono is god then Bring ON THE HOLY WAR people.. he he he.....

:wink: oh you lot have just had me on the floor in hysterics!!!

what happened was she got her mate to lift her up and she was right by the stage and i mean right by it-she could of touched him at arms length-he did look her in the eye but her thoughts were that because she was so close and blowing him kisses she frightened the S..t out of him -him thinking -oh ekk crazed fan-cause she really was that close and could of grabbed him...apparently he moved away fast....-I think he sees women like a box of chockies around the front and takes his pick when he's ready and the girls he chooses are the ones who pretend they are cool and calm....!-I told her she made a big mistake showing her affections so close-all men run when this happens!!
She's married now anyway with kids and got over it-
I always like to get the seats I hate getting the pee chucked over me!!!!! LOL

passingcat said:
:wink: oh you lot have just had me on the floor in hysterics!!!

what happened was she got her mate to lift her up and she was right by the stage and i mean right by it-she could of touched him at arms length-he did look her in the eye but her thoughts were that because she was so close and blowing him kisses she frightened the S..t out of him -him thinking -oh ekk crazed fan-cause she really was that close and could of grabbed him...apparently he moved away fast....-I think he sees women like a box of chockies around the front and takes his pick when he's ready and the girls he chooses are the ones who pretend they are cool and calm....!-I told her she made a big mistake showing her affections so close-all men run when this happens!!
She's married now anyway with kids and got over it-
I always like to get the seats I hate getting the pee chucked over me!!!!! LOL

There's different sides to every story, and I guess it would have depended on how she was doing it... or being annoying.. or.. scary :huh: , so who knows. Maybe she can post on here and make a video clippage reinacting what happened. j/k.

plus, who knows .. maybe he thought it could have been a security risk or the security guard gestured for him to move back...

bono isn't the type, or from what i get the impression of, to be that anal.. especially about an adoring lady... so.... i am sure theres more to it, or she shouldnt take it personally and not be upset about it. i bet if she met him again, she'd have a great experience.

Back
Top Bottom