An acquaintance of mine met BONO!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Babydoll

Blue Crack Addict
This is an email a friend of my sisters sent her about his meeting Bono:

'A Beautiful Day'...

Today, the 1st December 07, started of as a normal Saturday for me. I went to college to setup cricket training. Weird enough a lot of the team did not show up, despite being 45min into the practice.

I then receive a phone call from a team member telling me the entire team is stuck outside of college, and that the security was not letting them into the college.

I go up towards the entrance of college to get my team and to investigate why our silly college security guards were causing trouble! Instead, I stumble upon a big security officer who told me to stay where I was as, 'ex-Vice President Al Gore is in the college vicinity, please stay where you are until further instructed. The entire college is sealed off, no one can enter or exit the college for the next 20min'. I complied, and waited for Al Gore to pass, and then to get my team into college.

From no where, totally out of the blue, Bono shows up with security personnel and I am a meter away from him. I couldn't resist, and shouted out his name. He came towards me, and his personal security were chillaxed, and he asked me where I was from.

"Tanzania" I answered. "Ahh, Tanzania, nice place" Bono replied. I then shook his hand, and told him I had great respect for his humanitarian work, and of course his music. I couldn't resist to ask Bono if I could hug him, and then take a pic with him. He was more than happy to do so. This brief experience was and still is indescribable.

When I got admission into RCSI, the first thing I told myself was, "hmm, Ireland...maybe i'll bump into Bono someday". That brief thought, became a reality today, Dec 1st, 2007.

I did see Al Gore too, but his Secret Service sealed off everyone and everything that came near him. Bono and Gore disappeared after their environment meeting at the College came to an end, and besides a 1st year student who was exiting out of the college gym and myself, no other student got to catch even a glimpse of Bono or Gore as security did not allow anyone near them. It was luck, and a phone call from the team stuck outside (Thx Babar), that got me to meet, the most famous Irish man alive, and truly, one of the best singers alive in the world. Awesome isn't it?

It was indeed, 'A Beautiful Day'

And there's a pic to go with the story too :D

n261900083_81854_2881.jpg

:applaud: :yippie: wow! Thanx for sharing that BD! YAh......for being in The Right Place at the right Time!! He definetly got the best deal out of that meeting between AG and Bono! Cool:up:

Back
Top Bottom