Adam and The Edge in NYC tonight...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bret6262

The Fly
My friend in NYC just called me with his adventure. I had told him about the Music Rising auction/ event at the Hard Rock and he went tonight. He saw Adam walking outside the event, and got a picture with him- and got him to sign his How to Dismantle... cd. He asked Adam about how the new cd was going- Adam said "what cd- we haven't started it yet." My friend told him that he was his favorite bassist. Adam asked who his 2nd favorite was. My friend said John Paul Jones. Adam said "good choice."

When The Edge came out, he headed straight to his van. My friend was with a small group, and got The Edge to stop and he signed 1 item each for the fans. My friend said the NYC autograph dealers (that were at the book signing) were not here tonight, which made things easier. The Edge signed my friend's All That You Can't... cd.

My friend said there was a Bono appearance rumor, but that never came to fruition.

Steven Van Zandt (sp?) was at the event also, and my friend said there were a ton of real nice guitars donated from a lot of rockers- that were going for real big prices.

The Edge will be at another big event Monday night- with Bill Clinton- so more U2 to be had in NYC this week! Wish I could have gone!

Anyway- there was a quick real time update from a fan on the phone.

Thanks -- hadn't known Adam was there! He's a good pal to have come over for the auction.

Btw, it raised $2.4 million in total for Music Rising.

silvrlvr said:
Thanks -- hadn't known Adam was there! He's a good pal to have come over for the auction.

Or he had also some other reasons to visit New York...;) Maybe some meeting with his good friends...-Like Naomi or so...;) ;)

Anyway- Im happy for your friend,bret6262. It had to be very nice meeting :)

Oh...And I think that Adam and Edge should to arrange a common version of the answer for question "what about new album" ;) Hehehe...;) -The Edge said lately that they're working already on the new album and they are completly lost in music...:) Seems, Adam knows nothing about it;)
-They are lost in own testimonies ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom