Zoo Station//Red Rocks Weekend 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skott100

Acrobat
2h4ge2v.jpg

We'll be doing our 4th Annual Red Rocks celebration the right way this year: OUTDOORS and under the stars at Crawdad's River Ranch in Sacramento. The first set will be the Red Rocks show, so get there early because we start at 8pm, sharp. The next night we storm Petaluma with our friends STUNG: A TRIBUTE TO THE POLICE at the Mystic. Then we round out the weekend with an encore Red Rocks show for our South Bay fans at the Britannia Arms in San Jose.

The details:

THURSDAY, JUNE 5
RED ROCKS NIGHT at
CRAWDAD'S RIVER CANTINA
1375 Garden Hwy
Sacramento, CA

FRIDAY, JUNE 6
ZOO STATION + STUNG at
MYSTIC THEATRE
23 Petaluma Blvd. North
Petaluma, CA

SATURDAY, JUNE 7
RED ROCKS NIGHT at
BRITANNIA ARMS - ALMADEN
5027 Almaden Expy
San Jose, CA

Awesome these guys are really booking the gigs up there! I might be up in July, it would be cool to catch a show and meet some Northern Cali Interlanders there! I'll keep in touch! :hug: Miri & hotpepper

I saw Stung and Zoo Station at Mystic Theatre in Petaluma. Both cover bands were outstanding! I couldn't believe how much the Stung singer sounds like, well, Sting. ;) And Zoo Station did all the right U2 moves (nicely combining album versions of songs with famous live versions of songs). I briefly said "howdy" to "Bono", but tried to shake all their hands afterwards. While Stung was great and got people dancing by the stage, the crowd seemed a bit more ready for Zoo Station (and/or U2) as most were dancing the entire time Zoo Station performed. :bonodrum:

Great job guys! :rockon: I haven't seen a U2 cover band since the late 80's, so this was a great treat!

Back
Top Bottom