Zoo Station & The Enthusiastic Drinkers Of Contra Costa County: Part 25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skott100

Acrobat
I just checked our show archive and the numbers don't lie. We have played 24 shows at the venerable DAN'S in WALNUT CREEK. Or as we in the Zoo like to call it, "The Venue Where It's Impossible To Suck."

I don't know why that ricketly little stage in the unassuming suburban sports bar has seen nothing but great Zoo Station shows over the years. Perhaps is the pre-show sushi+sake ritual that we engage in next door at Sushi Rock. Maybe it's the friendly staff. Maybe it's the most terrifyingly neglected mens room in all of Nothern California.

Or maybe it's because the crowd at Dan's - hands down - drinks more than any other venue we play. Even the hard core Irish pubs we frequent don't even come close. Hold you head up high (and hold your hair out of the toilet) Walnut Creek. And smile pretty for the embarrasing Facebook photo. Nobody does it better.

Join us, won't you, for our 25th Dan's show. It's like seeing your favorite movie again. Knowing how it all ends doesn't spoil the fun.

ZOO STATION @ DAN'S
1524 Civic Dr.
Walnut Creek, CA

Show at 9:30pm
21+ only
3 sets of all your favorite U2, including 5 tracks from No Line On The Horizon

Haha that sounds like a really good time. Soooo far away though.......... MEH.

Haha that sounds like a really good time. Soooo far away though.......... MEH.

Never been to Dan's. Simply for that reason. Wish it was closer.

I'm seriously tempted to go this time though.
Because I can either spent another evening/night by my lonesome again :mad:
Or drive an hour, go out, dance and have fun! :hmm:

Wish I could go cuz I'd love to see you guys and used to live out that way in my former life. I am planning another trip to my mom's in San Jose and checked your schedule. Maybe in April. Got any more gigs coming up for May time frame?

Okay birthday peeps. Ultraviolet and Magnificent are "go" for tonight. Be sure to come up and introduce yourselves.

And Carek, we have some hold dates in May but are working out details for confirming them. I'll be sure to post in Gatherings earlier this time.

Back
Top Bottom