Unforgettable Fire- May 3rd-Canal Room,NYC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonosBaby12

ONE love, blood, life
Who wants to join the party with seeing UF at the Canal Room on May 3rd in NYC? I will be making a special trip back to the East Coast just for this show! Became instantly addicted after seeing them in MD :drool:

Looking forward to seeing familiar faces and possibly some new ones at the show :)

Last edited:
I'll be there.... just have to work out the budget. Also if anyone is going from my area I can fit 4 people in my car. :)

Look forward to seeing you all there. :wave:

It's a great place to play...everyone from the ownership on down to security and house crew is a pleasure to work with.

As for what to do after the show while killing time for a morning train - the west Village is only a few blocks away, with PLENTY of 24 hour nightlife...bars, food, etc. Good times.

I may be hanging out afterwards too. :evil:

Id go but I have a 3+ hour drive afterward. I have my ride timed in and out of NY by counting the Mobil gas stations on the Hutch/Merrit. I drive past 7 of them. If I can make to #5 without stopping and running in place ..Im doing good :)

This will be my first time in NY. I'm trying to decide whether to stay and do some exploring or drive in and then home after the show. :shrug:

unico said:
Oooh a whole weekend in a state where sangria isn't banned!!! Sounds like paradise. Ya'll are so lucky you don't live in VA :(

:scratch: ... sangria is banned in VA?
you are so close....to MD. Then again I don't think I've ever went drinking in VA.
You could always drive up north for unbanned drinking.

haha yeah i could! isn't that messed up? it's some new law that bans mixing brandy with wine, which is stupid bc va is known for its wine! we went to carrabas last weekend and tried to order some, and the guy told us about the ban. we thought he was just kidding! anyway, so afterward we went to a nearby bar and was told the same thing. instead, they gave us this premixed nastiness that tasted like the kool-aid man's feet or something. :yuck:

it's all good though. i'm moving to ny next month so this won't be a problem anymore.

unico said:
haha yeah i could! isn't that messed up? it's some new law that bans mixing brandy with wine, which is stupid bc va is known for its wine! we went to carrabas last weekend and tried to order some, and the guy told us about the ban. we thought he was just kidding! anyway, so afterward we went to a nearby bar and was told the same thing. instead, they gave us this premixed nastiness that tasted like the kool-aid man's feet or something. :yuck:

it's all good though. i'm moving to ny next month so this won't be a problem anymore.

Those politicians’ had way to much time on there hands that week. I would have ordered all the items separately and mixed it myself and then sat there smiling innocently as I drank my sangria. :evil:

unico said:

Where in NY are you moving to?

I won't be arriving until July. Kinda weird getting an apartment online!

mick3b1g said:
Id go but I have a 3+ hour drive afterward. I have my ride timed in and out of NY by counting the Mobil gas stations on the Hutch/Merrit. I drive past 7 of them. If I can make to #5 without stopping and running in place ..Im doing good :)

oh c'mon, you only live once!!! What's another couple of hours when you're hanging out with us, the most awesome people in the world?? Plus, wouldn't you rather drive home after having a nice ham, cheese and mushrooms omelet, blueberry pancakes and fresh squeezed orange juice??? :wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
my soon to be brother in law's bachelor party is the day before in atlantic city sooooo as much as i enjoy the canal room shows this one's gonna have to be tentative for me. depends on wether i'm alive the next day or in a coma.

Oh excuses!!!! :madwife:

I'll bring my friend who's an EMT and we'll set up a little area for you with a gurney, IV fluids and even a defibrillator, in case you slip into that coma again... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom