Unforgettable Fire Booze Cruise around Lower Manhattan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
So who's in?

Friday August 27th... Boat Cruise aboard the Temptress
Boarding: 10pm at 41st Street & The West Side Highway
Departure: 11pm

check out www.uf2.com for more details

b11.jpg

empress.JPG

The Temptress is a 2-level boat, with 2 full bars, 2 outdoor decks (bow and stern) with full range speakers, and restrooms on the lower level. The Temptress boasts a gorgeous interior, including a hardwood dancefloor and a grand dual staircase connecting the two floors of the stunning glass-enclosed atrium. Smoking is prohibited in the performance space (which is fully enclosed and climate controlled) but is permitted on the decks. The Temptress takes off from 41st Street and The West Side Highway, heading south along the Hudson River to the Statue of Liberty. After circling Liberty Island for approximately 30 minutes, it heads up the East River, turning around underneath the Brooklyn Bridge. It then repeats the trip in reverse, docking 3 hours after departure.

That sounds like so much fun. But, Headache, you know my deal by now, wife is 38 weeks pregnant, she could pop at any moment. Don't think it would be wise to be up to my eyeballs in liquer, sailing on the Hudson, listening to UF......or maybe it would....:wink:

That sounds like so much fun, I wish I was on the East Coast and I would be there!!!
*will talk ZooStation into doing something like this on the San Francisco Bay :wink:

I've gone to Boston, Toronto and Cleveland to see a tribute band...I obviously don't need much tempting. :mac:

*wonders if we can make to NY by Friday :hmm:

The u2 socal peeps should all chip in and rent do a hornblower cruise in Marina Del Rey or Newport and get one of the LA Tribute Bands to play...

Hmmmmm

Im in...with kid in tow..who isnt really a kid...turned 18 last week.

I think I just aged myself....

Oh man what a great idea! God, the U2 vibe blasting away as you float on water with the stellar NYC skyline as a backdrop... damn, nice job Headache! :up:

You'll have to promise to do it again sometime - I'll be at the next one for sure - I'm moving to New York City next month. Will soon catch a UF show I'm sure :yes:

mishka
inTO the :heart:
Nov 4-7
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
www.intotheheart.com

Numb1075 said:
Headache is being evil:evil:

what can i say... i'm an evil person :wink:

i'm gonna attempt to run the gauntlet tonight... UF on the boat around Manhattan, then once it docks i'm gonna try and jet down to the Lion's Den (sullivan between bleecker and w3rd) for the second set of no code, a pearl jam tribute band... don't know if i'm gonna have the time to pull it off, but gosh darn it i'm gonna try

u2 nation

hey guys i went to whiskey bar in hoboken to see U2 Nation instead. I didnt want to spend 25 bucks for the UF cruise. Anyhow, I couldn't believe how good these guys were on friday. They told me they play once a month at whiskey bar and to go to their webpage u2nation .com to see show dates. I'm a huge U2 fan and U2 nation's got my vote! you guys ever see them?

Never saw U2 Nation. I have seen UF probably around 30 times. I can't imagine anyone being better. Clint, if you haven't seen UF, I highly recommend it. Take it easy.

saw UF as well and they are amazing. This may be hard to believe but U2 nation actually sounded better than UF to me. I think UF looks better than U2 nation but I think U2 nation got them beat with the authentic U2 sound. I heard some other people in the bar saying they were better than UF. Either way, at least there's another U2 tribute band around which is hard to find.

peace..

Back
Top Bottom