Unforgettable Fire @ B.B. King's in Times Square... October 28th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Re: Hoboken, NJ

Jdragonfly said:

OK... never met anyone from Tarrytown. Are you going to BB's for the show or staying in town. It sounds like fun. (the activities that wknd) Are they?

I love Halloween. but I am staying in my hometown for the night.

Jess:wink:

By your post, I thought you were familiar with the area. Tarrytown borders Sleepy Hollow. You can drive from one town to the other in 30 seconds.

I am not going to the BB's show, but there will be plenty of activities going on for Halloween in the area. I believe Saturday October 28th is the parade down main street. Once the floats are done, there is a HUGE party on main street w/ a DJ and dancing etc. It's hysterical watching the adults in constume dancing w/ the kids....it's bedlum.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hoboken, NJ

NYC is turning out to be the worst place to get a hotel. :rant:

You wouldn't believe the reviews for these places (with pictures to prove), even the $300 a night hotels. I'm itchy just reading about the bedbugs. :no:

:banghead:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Are you trying to book for this month? Methinks if I'm coming in March I'll need to book asap... :hmm:

:hmm: good thinkin'

just booked a room for the 16th and a room for the 17th.

if it's on st. patrick's day it's self, i keep just the 17th... if it's on the friday before, i keep em both.

no way i'm making it home and back on that weekend lol.

mick... g tell ya anything about st. patty's day yet?

Well, i got a hotel room for Mrs. Edge and i, hopefully it won't be too bad, but i'm not taking any chances, i'm bringing my own bed sheets and some Lysol.

I know it's just one night and we'll only sleep there for a few hours, but after seeing the picture of a 3 year old boy covered in bedbug bites :yikes: , i don't care if people think i'm being fresh...

Anyway, we'll be there!!!! :dancing: Just got a couple questions:

1- Is it supposed to be a costume party or something like that? Since is the weekend before Halloween...
2- Are you guys meeting up before the show or at the door?

:heart: :larry: :adam: :bono: :edge: :heart:

Last edited:
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

You might want to start thinking about St. Patrick's Day 2007, too, while you're at it. :D

Manhattan will only be a 15 minute ride on the subway then (we're moving to Brooklyn in a few weeks :hyper: ).

We may be late for the gig...I've remembered that the Hello Kitty store is near BB King's. :| American half of Ewbby may need to visit.

ewen said:
We may be late for the gig...I've remembered that the Hello Kitty store is near BB King's. :| American half of Ewbby may need to visit.

Oooooh, I've never been! I'll have to remember that for next year. :hyper:

Originally posted by Shannon because I'm too lazy to type his full name yet I typed all this out instead

i'll help ya pack :flirt::wink:

:love:

If I ever really do move there (which give me two years and if I grow girly balls I just might :wink: ) I'm holding you to that. Or the unpacking, whichever... :sexywink:

So getting back to the show....is it better to purchase tickets ahead or just at the door? Does anyone want to get together for drinks/dinner first?

OOTSEY said:
I suggest getting tickets before...even if they aren't sold out. There is a LONG line outside, and they shut people out. [/QUOTE

Just a heads up also, DON'T get there early they will NOT let you in, they are very strict.....and the line is REALLLLLLY long and you wind up freezin your ass off waiting on line :)

Can you get tickets directly from the venue? Abby works in NYC and is thinking of popping by and getting tickets during the week, with the hope of avoiding the $5.50 per ticket 'convenience' charge from Ticketbastards.

i'm almost certain you can get tickets at the BB's box office... i did this once back in the days when i actually had to get tickets. check BB's webpage, i'm sure it says it on there.

a little birdie told me that there will be a halloween costume to see who can dress up like the mick the best :wink:

Thats easy, wear a hat, look lost, and have some toilet paper stuck to your shoe

M

Back
Top Bottom