U2ers in Montreal ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey man, I'm actually from Boston, but when I was in Montreal few months back, I heard U2 being played constantly in all strip clubs on Rue St. Catherine. So I doubt that there is a lack of U2 fans in your city.
smile.gif

------------------
Dream out loud.

So you went down the part of St-Catherine where there's all the strip club eh ? :) Montreal is a cool city. It's actually here that U2 realized that they could play in large stadiums by their own (they played in front of 70 000 people in Olympic Stadium during the Joshua Tree Tour back in '87). I never been to Boston, sadly, but I hope to go there. A lot of my friends went in Boston, I saw pictures. Looks like a cool city man.

Cheers !

Hey Holy John,
I'm not actually from Montreal, but it's my favorite city on the planet. I go there all the time. I will be back there in August. I go down to see the Habs and Expos... and of course, I saw U2 there in '97. What a terrific show. I think the boys gave it a little extra to thank their many contacts in the city. In fact, the Popmart screen was made by a Montreal company. What a city. What a show! I was in heaven.

Well thanks thefly for your comments on Montreal. I know the screen for PopMart was made here. They spoke about it not long ago 'cause the same company is going to make another huge screen for Time Square in New York.

anyways, I like it here in Montreal. We've got music and influences from all over the world, espescially Europe. Montreal is call "Europe in North America", wich is cool. Musically, I can get everything I want that most people in the States can't have (for exemple, being a long-time fan of Oasis.. I can get any of their singles, while fans in the US only can have a couple of them). Here, U2 plays regulary on CHOM 97.7.

By the way, where do you live ? I was not at the PopMart concert 'cause I didn't knew about it and didn't followed U2 as I do know (I was only... 14 or 15 at the time).

Anyways, gotta go...

Cheers :)

Back
Top Bottom