U2 Shindig in the Motor City-All Interested Look Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Dates Work Best For You For The Michigan Gathering?

• November 8th - 10th

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • November 15th - 17th

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I Can Make Either Date; No Preference

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • I Can't Make Either Date

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
OK i will be reserving 2 rooms at the hotel we decided on...wont name it cuz of confidentiality, etc...PM me with questions. here are the room arrangements i am assuming....

ME+Wannabe+LadyLemon in one

April is staying with BC

Wertsie + LivLuv + Stories in the other???

Does this work for everyone? I mean we can always switch things around...etc.

And if Kristie comes she can stay with whoever..

Just for fun i'm gonna see if they have any suites that take 6 people....which would be crazier and cheaper yet!!! :crazy: :D

and yeah, unfortunately ther eIs no vcrs...Lies???? *bats eyelashes* I can bring the kit kats...;)

Will post more soon...BC wheres a good allages place for us to go where i can also share a coctail with April??? :drunk:

we should do that for dinner etc. on Friday methinks. I gonna be ready to PARTAY when i get off dat plane...:dance:

OK heres the scoop..no suites there but i have reserved 2 rooms each with double beds and its only $79 per night!!! even less that we thought! :dance:

Just more FYI...

Plus i need a volunteer 18+ who will be willing to be in charge of the second room...(as in when we get there, put the room on their card and collect the CASH from their roomies accordingly...)

Please everyone all i ask is that you bring money for the room in cash so we can put the rooms on our cards and not have to deal with checks and IOUs etc.

again, PM me with questions...THANKS!!

mmm, lemon drops

Ali Rose said:

Will post more soon...BC wheres a good allages place for us to go where i can also share a coctail with April??? :drunk:

we should do that for dinner etc. on Friday methinks. I gonna be ready to PARTAY when i get off dat plane...:dance:

This is definitely a must. :drunk: :drunk:

I'm still getting a ride with youse guys, right, Matt? :flirt: :p

It looks like everybody coming is at least 18...if that's the case, there's a place in town called Shooters. Shooters is a comedy club, but on Friday nights, a local radio station (102.5 WIOG) hosts 102 Dance from 10:00 p.m. to 2:00. I'm 99.9% sure that they serve alcohol. I've never been there before though, so I'm going to try to get a friend to go there with me on a Friday night to scope it out (hmmmmm...that's what I should have done tonight! :D).

Bonochick said:
It looks like everybody coming is at least 18...if that's the case, there's a place in town called Shooters. Shooters is a comedy club, but on Friday nights, a local radio station (102.5 WIOG) hosts 102 Dance from 10:00 p.m. to 2:00. I'm 99.9% sure that they serve alcohol. I've never been there before though, so I'm going to try to get a friend to go there with me on a Friday night to scope it out (hmmmmm...that's what I should have done tonight! :D).

Yes!!!

Go, go now....it's still waaaay early.

:cool:

a "Dance"??? LOL sorry you make it sound like a high school homecoming...LOL

*imagines streamers balloons and a punch bowl*

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Sounds cool , but i just had to laugh.....:laugh:

Dammit, Ali! :lmao:

Unfortunately, there are not too many options for 18+ that serves alcohol. :p The only place I've been to like that is Watering Trough, but I heard it turned "ghetto" and people get their cars broken into. :uhoh:

I called my friend Aaron and told him he had to take me to Shooters tonight, so I will report back!

Bonochick said:
Dammit, Ali! :lmao:

Unfortunately, there are not too many options for 18+ that serves alcohol. :p The only place I've been to like that is Watering Trough, but I heard it turned "ghetto" and people get their cars broken into. :uhoh:

I called my friend Aaron and told him he had to take me to Shooters tonight, so I will report back!

:yes: Sounds cool, BC. Let us know how that goes!!!

Ali Rose said:

and yeah, unfortunately ther eIs no vcrs...Lies???? *bats eyelashes* I can bring the kit kats...;)

the scoop: I can wire them, however legal or illegal it may be, BUT I don't actually have one, so ....... is there anyone out there who's coming and who can bring a VCR?

I'm back from Shooters!

Well...okay...the downfall for many of you will be the music there. This is basically a Top 40 station, so you know what will get played (I like some of that stuff though :silent: ). However...there IS a bar there, so those over 21 can drink to their hearts' content, and those of us who are 18 to 20 can still get in. I think it's our best choice for Friday night.

Also, there is a $6 cover charge...BUT...if we call early and get our names on the "guest list", we get in for free (that's what Aaron and I did tonight). So this sounds like a go!

Matt...you are gonna have a helluva lot of dates for Friday night!!!!! :laugh: :D

I just thought I'd add that as far as dressin' to go to Shooters go...I saw it all from t-shirts, jeans, and sneakers to tube tops, miniskirts, and high heels (I was kinda in between with my outfit), so basically whatever you want.

don't spose anyone's driving through Indiana? *bats eyelashes*
cos.. I still have no transportation and I WANT TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
*pathetic face*

Ultraviolet Light said:
*cough* Me=Ellen=coming
Laura=Stories=I have no clue if she's coming
:D

Dammit...sorry thats what i meant...i got the names screwed up when i wrote them...:banghead:

and yes...anyone who can bring a vcr is cool...i have one if all else fails..but I think i'd prefer NOT to bring a VCR in the plane....:huh:

and yes the dance sounds great...SHEESH i was just making fun of how she made it sound!! I'm really not picky at all i just wanna see youz guys!!!

April and Tiff a la France episode #2 after a few lemon drops:
LETS BOOGIE!!!!! *sings* its fun to stay at the YMCA!!!

Ali Rose said:

April and Tiff a la France episode #2 after a few lemon drops:
LETS BOOGIE!!!!! *sings* its fun to stay at the YMCA!!!

BWAAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAAAA!!!!!!! :lmao:

Oh...Tiff...I wasn't going to tell you this but you know what was funny at Shooters? There was a girl havin' her birthday party there...and they had balloons at their table. :laugh: :silent:

So...there...we are kinda even then. :D

That's cool about that Friday night. I only hope i can do our death bear proud as these coming weekes will be devoted towards practicing the art of mad dancing.

Darn it, I'm just seeing this and I won't be able to make it! :scream:

Please promise me someone will bring a camera and take lots of pix and then you'll post 'em and share all the gory details of the glorious weekend!

*I'm so jealous*

bonosloveslave said:
Darn it, I'm just seeing this and I won't be able to make it! :scream:

Please promise me someone will bring a camera and take lots of pix and then you'll post 'em and share all the gory details of the glorious weekend!

*I'm so jealous*

Aw man! Maybe next time. :)

Yes, lots of pics of mad dancing and Matt's many dates. :lol:

Dude...I am hellapissed...

My Thursday night class that was supposed to start next week got cancelled! I need that class to be able to graduate at the end of the semester, and the only other section is going to be on Saturdays! :crack: For 4 hours!!! :crack: :crack:

That class was supposed to be an extension of my current Thursday night class, so I'm gonna plead with my instructor to let me do an independent study under him or something

Bonochick said:
Dude...I am hellapissed...

My Thursday night class that was supposed to start next week got cancelled! I need that class to be able to graduate at the end of the semester, and the only other section is going to be on Saturdays! :crack: For 4 hours!!! :crack: :crack:

That class was supposed to be an extension of my current Thursday night class, so I'm gonna plead with my instructor to let me do an independent study under him or something

YER KIDDING!?!?!?!?!?!?

:rant:

We'll get you outta that, girl. Somehow. :hmm:

I tried to take this class during the spring/summer semester...but they cancelled it. Now they cancelled it again! It's like they don't want me to graduate. :crack:

I talked to my instructor, and he put together a little petition from 12 of us in the class to get the class reinstated, since it's not even going to be offered again until next fall!!!!!!! :mad: He said if it doesn't slide that he could only take on 4 of us for independent study! :uhoh: However...he said that since I was the first to contact him and since this was to be my last semester, I'm his top priority for independent study! :dance:

Thank you, Mr. S!!! My Saturdays are saved!!!! :D

ya-buddy!

if i didn't have a 35% class grade art history test tomorrow i'd start making cds for the trip. i would make them next weekend, but it will be Halloween at Ohio u, so well, you get the picture. April, I'll email you an Kris about directions in the coming weeks.

Back
Top Bottom