U2 Shindig in the Motor City-All Interested Look Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Dates Work Best For You For The Michigan Gathering?

• November 8th - 10th

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • November 15th - 17th

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I Can Make Either Date; No Preference

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • I Can't Make Either Date

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
Aw, man, I want to go to this. Anyone want to swing by Chicago on their way to BC's house? :help:

I will get you if I EVER GET A GODDAMN CAR
:banghead:

but I might have to sleep in it.. *pulls out empty pockets*

I'm in. For surre.....I'll be the token Minnesotan. ...I gotta run for now but I'll be in touch....:wave:

Tiff

wertsie said:
So how are we going to handle the hotel situation?

I'm not sure, to be honest...:scratch:

Oh, Ali Ro-ooose........any tips from the Chicago gathering you wish to share? :D

Well...I thought of one thing, BC...

It would be cool if we would all stay in the same hotel. So maybe you could check out the hotels in the area to find a good one, and then we could all pitch in for the rooms? I don't know...just a suggestion.

I missed out on the Chicago gathering...so I'd love to hear how those of you who went handled it.

I checked Best Western's web site for rates at the BW by us. 4 adults in a room for $89 a day, 2 double beds in a room. That daily rate divided by 4 wouldn't be too horrible. That's just an idea though...we'll see what else we find out and wait to hear from some more experienced people.

HAHA April, I think I'm to whom it may concern and that's what I thought too!
:shifty: we didn't jimmy any TVs in Chicago, I don't know WHAT yer talking about Lies.

In Chicago we just put the rooms on one person's credit card (or was it two?) and then payed that person. (We promise no noise warnings this time Tiff :sexywink: )

It sounds like the Best Western will be a lot cheaper than the hotel in Chicago. Which I suppose makes sense since it's not....y'know...in downtown Chicago and all. Yeah, I'm s-m-r-t. :D

Ultraviolet Light said:
It sounds like the Best Western will be a lot cheaper than the hotel in Chicago. Which I suppose makes sense since it's not....y'know...in downtown Chicago and all. Yeah, I'm s-m-r-t. :D

:lol: :laugh: I'm excited already!

Ultraviolet Light said:

Yeah, I was checking hotel prices in downtown Detroit, and I nearly had a :heart: attack! :crack:

It should be cheaper in Saginaw. :D

As I get settled back at school, and into the groove of the schedule, I'll look around my weekends.

While at school I'll be able to access Interference easier than here at home, so I'll keep in check.

Ultraviolet Light said:
In Chicago we just put the rooms on one person's credit card (or was it two?) and then payed that person. (We promise no noise warnings this time Tiff :sexywink: )
*bashes head in with lamp* I am an idiot...:tsk:

Anyhoo....I think the Best western Idea sounds good...and staying in the burbs. So is it official, then? As soon as we get the go ahead we should get a list going of who is all for sure coming so we can book rooms and arrange people(as to be find out how much each person will have to pay. Perhaps at this point we should take the serious details to PM-Land just for safetys sake if you know what i mean. (Posting locations and dates online can be unsafe...)

BTW--Gina and I have gifts for ALL of you...from Fado's :shifty: :lol: (we went there last night. and the POOOB girl wasnt there...:madspit:

:wave:

Last edited:
Ali Rose said:
BTW--Gina and I have gifts for ALL of you...from Fado's :shifty: :lol: (we went there last night. and the POOOB girl wasnt there...:madspit:

:wave:

:wave: You mean they didn't have to ask you to leave the premises?!
:lmao:

hmm...I'm going to be home in Detroit the first week of October but gone both weekends on either end of it. Argh! You'll all have to let me know when you do this again and you're welcome to come visit me in NYC.

That sucks, sharky! :( We'll meet up someday though, I'm sure! :)

My goal is to have a firm date and list of people by the end of September. I think a date will have to be set first, to make sure that date works for people. I'm going to be talking to April soon about it.

Bonochick said:
That sucks, sharky! :( We'll meet up someday though, I'm sure! :)

My goal is to have a firm date and list of people by the end of September. I think a date will have to be set first, to make sure that date works for people. I'm going to be talking to April soon about it.

Yep, planning ahead by a month or so gives people time to sort things out, etc.

I'm thinking of two dates here for the official gathering:

Nov. 8-10

OR

Nov. 15-17

We should take a poll (haha) to see which dates work best for everyone. :)

And as always, if anyone has questions, feel free to bug either me, Ali or BC.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I'm thinking of two dates here for the official gathering:

Nov. 8-10

OR

Nov. 15-17

We should take a poll (haha) to see which dates work best for everyone. :)

Nov. 15 - 17 is best for me...but I could handle 8 - 10 if necessary.

I wonder...if I create a new thread with a poll, can I merge it with this one??

*is off to try*

Woo Hoo! It Worked!!

COOL!!!!!!!! :D

Everybody who is interested...vote, please! :)

Also, please post any comments or suggestions! :)

I'm Giddy!

I'm so excited! :laugh: :happy: :dance:

Share any ideas you all have for stuff to do as well (ya know...cheap stuff we can do in my basement...wait, that doesn't sound right...oh, you know what I mean!!!! :D )

Dad doesn't know what he's gotten himself into. :silent: :D

I voted for Nov 8-10. As far as I know I don't have anything going on either weekend, so the other option probably WOULD work for me, but I think I'd like it to be not so close to Thanksgiving. That's my two cents. :happy:

Both weekends seem feasable for me, however the 15-17th will maybe conflict with finals.

I'll mark both of these weekends off for now :)

:wave: Sorry to but into your post, but I was reading it as I live near Cleveland. I'd love to come but can't due to a new job.
Anyway if you guys wait til the 15-17 the new CD would be out and it could be a sort of celebration. Ok - carry on.

I'm all about it, except as of right now I have no wheels and might still not by then.
I voted Either, but if I can't get a ride I can't go either way.
So.. if.. someone can pick me up... I'm in central Indiana, roundabouts Indianapolis, OR I can be up in South Bend if needs be. I think. I can try to be.
*sigh*
goddamn car

Back
Top Bottom