U2 Fans In Chicago???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaneo

Babyface
Hey,

I will be moving to Chicago from Berlin in a few months and want to get in contact with the locals, do the U2 thang. I hear there is a tribute band there also. Can anyone bring me up to speed/get in contact?

Thanx!

Shane O'C.

p.s. Here is a little bit of U2's Berlin for you!
forum.interference.com/t76643.html

Hi Shane :wave:

I live in Chicago. I hope you'll like it here. :D

Yeah, we have a U2 Tribute Band...Elevation. (USA, not Canada).

Here's a link to their website.

ELEVATION USA

They're in Chicago almost every weekend and they're really good.

Hope to see you around!

i don't live in chicago...but i'm there as much as i can be ;)...this thread probably belongs in the discoteque forum, but hey..it's all good.

elevation's great...and if you go to a gig you'll most likely see j cause she's at almost every one...so you've already got a pal ;)

*speaks for j*
:wave:

Stories for Boys said:
this thread probably belongs in the discoteque forum

Well, it sounded like shaneo was looking to get together with some folks. We'll see what happens. For now, I'll leave this thread here.

Stories for Boys said:

elevation's great...and if you go to a gig you'll most likely see j cause she's at almost every one...so you've already got a pal ;)

*speaks for j*
:wave:

LOL, yes...I do go to nearly every gig. I have no life otherwise, lol. :sexywink:

shaneo, when are you moving here?

Hey! Cool, sounds good. Move pending Oct or Nov but will be there from Aug 19th until the 31st or so for a warm up with this firm I work for. I guess there will be a gig on on of those saturdays. Will check!

shaneoc@web.de would be me mail address!

Good stuff!

Shane

Hey, I've seen ElevationUSA four times, recently in Joliet and plan again to August 9th. Did I see you at the Joliet show j?

tawanda said:
Hey, I've seen ElevationUSA four times, recently in Joliet and plan again to August 9th. Did I see you at the Joliet show j?

You probably did...was that Heroes and Legends?

I'll be at the show on the 9th. :yes:

Saturday 2nd

Retro on Roscoe

Saturday August 2nd tentatively 1pm
Wicker & Division Festival
Chicago, IL
All Ages

Saturday 2nd

Chicago City Limits

Saturday August 2nd 10:30pm
Chicago City Limits
1712 Wise Road
Schaumburg, IL 60193
21+ cover TBA opening act TBA
http://www.chicagocitylimits.net/

They're playing with Reckoning - R.E.M. Tribute both shows. The bass player for Elevation also sings as Michael Stipe. And Greg, the guitar player from Elevation, will be sitting in with Reckoning on these two shows.

It should be a good time. :)

hi - im in chicago as well. well, actually western burbs. ive been to a few elevation shows. looking for people to go to more with! hope you all dont mind, i added you to my buddy list - however the hell that works! anyone going to the cd release party? not on the website, but was on a flyer... a shout out would be kosher...

To: Navy Pier IMAX Theatre
We, the undersigned, also known as the U2 fans of the Chicagoland area, would like to view the Hollywood blockbuster "U2 Rattle & Hum" on Sunday, November 21, 2004 at approximately 4:15PM in your Navy Pier IMAX Theatre, located at 600 E. Grand Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60611. We are each willing to purchase a ticket, within the average range of $12.00 to $14.00 (adult) and $8.00 to $12.00 (child). This shall not be a group sponsered event and will remain open to the general public.
Please consider our request.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

the link is petitiononline.com/U2atIMAX/petition.html

U2gurl_1992 said:
hi - im in chicago as well. well, actually western burbs. ive been to a few elevation shows. looking for people to go to more with! hope you all dont mind, i added you to my buddy list - however the hell that works! anyone going to the cd release party? not on the website, but was on a flyer... a shout out would be kosher...

I'm pretty much at every Elevation show. If you are going to Fado for the CD release get there EARLY. That place fills up and is packed wall to wall. A ton of people from U2 Midwest will be there as well. I've probablly seen you at a show, maybe even met you but just don't know it hehe.

if that is you in your picture - then no i havent met you. ive gone w/ friends, and really only have talked w/ dave... and a couple of drunk guys who were interupting my singing...

U2gurl_1992 said:
if that is you in your picture - then no i havent met you. ive gone w/ friends, and really only have talked w/ dave... and a couple of drunk guys who were interupting my singing...

No that's not me, that's Mike Mills of REM. I'm of the opposite sex hehe. I'm also Elevation's bellydancer.

ahhhhhhhhh ok we sort of met then at cubby bear (burbs). my sister commented to you on your dancing - asked if you took lessons or not. i wont be there for the release party [i gotta work the next day & im so burbanite-ish lately going into the city is a haul and a half] - but i WILL be there this friday! are you on u2-midwest as well? im the new big mouthed sarcastic one - goldieeez...

Back
Top Bottom