Teens on Interference!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know anuybody who really hates them... But sometimes I hear those things about Bono... It's just lack of information from people who don't know what he really does. Yes, he's rich... But he could just sit down and watch all the problems of the world happen in front of him, like most people do. But the fact is that the man makes a diference.
Anyway I was born in 86... this is my last teen:huh:

reading the past posts, it sounds like our generation has.. quite a few U2-haters.

but at the same time quite a few U2-lovers....
we are the generation :rockon:
someday when we get old, we'll be telling our kids about the legendary U2 and the almighty Bono :wink:

menelaos said:
I was born at early 1987...The first day of it to be honest...
:wink:

oh, new years day? :ohmy:

if I'm right, that's so awesome
I bet the celebrations are really nifty and outta control.. :wink:

youtooellen said:
oh, new years day? :ohmy:

if I'm right, that's so awesome
I bet the celebrations are really nifty and outta control.. :wink:

The good thing is that I was born at the year of the release of the Joshua Tree...

The bad news is that because my birthday is so close to the christmas celebrations I don't get the amount of presents I would get if these 2 celebrations were seperate...
And that pisses me off....:banghead: :angry: :angry: :rant:

^ :(

I know what you mean in a way..

I was born on Mother's Day.. so whenever I request for a party or anything of those sorts.. it's quite often combined with a family party celebrating both my birthday and Mother's Day..

I also have to get a gift for my mom on my birthday which is strange. :|

Do you really think it's worth it to start a page in thefacebook?

I mean, I probably won't do anything with it

1988... I always feel so left out when I talk to fans at U2 shows, and they have all these great stories about PopMart and ZooTV... and I think, "wtf... I was like ten years old". I guess it's as good a time as any to become a hardcore U2 fan, I just wish I could have seen some more of their tours.

alainn-la said:
1988... I always feel so left out when I talk to fans at U2 shows, and they have all these great stories about PopMart and ZooTV... and I think, "wtf... I was like ten years old". I guess it's as good a time as any to become a hardcore U2 fan, I just wish I could have seen some more of their tours.

yeah i deal with the same thing. i was 10 for popmart.

then they ask me if this is the first time ive seen them live and im like no, this is my 30th time. (6 elevation, 24 vertigo.) and then they are like :ohmy:

there really was no point to that story.

wow, 30 shows . ...

I have that same left out feeling, though, because I don't know what it was like in the older days.

alainn-la said:

Yeah I sometimes feel left out, for Popmart I was 7, so its a bit depressing when they start talking about past shows and tours but then again I'm just happy to be a U2 fan and am able to see a concert next year :D

I remember when U2 played Lansdowne during PopMart, my mother and father went, and they clsoed with One, and they were in the pub 5 minutes later, :mad: I never get tired of that story. I almost feel like telling them to shut up when they talk about the Joshua Tree tour show they went to. And he remembers when U2 were only starting up and Out of Control was on the radio, stop rubbing it in my face, at least I have the albums on CD.

^ :(

hay said:
Yeah I sometimes feel left out, for Popmart I was 7, so its a bit depressing when they start talking about past shows and tours but then again I'm just happy to be a U2 fan and am able to see a concert next year :D

:yes: I know exactly what you mean..

the one tour that I wish so much that I could've been at/seen would be the Joshua Tree tour..

:| and I wasn't even born then. hmph. :angry:

I'm getting the vibe here that I'm not the only one that wishes they were 20 years older, just to be able to see the past tours...
:wink:

I even have a friend who saw them during Elevation tour, but didn't even appreciate it.. :angry: she said she didn't even know who U2 were :shocked: :angry:

Irishteen said:
I remember when U2 played Lansdowne during PopMart, my mother and father went, and they clsoed with One, and they were in the pub 5 minutes later, :mad: I never get tired of that story. I almost feel like telling them to shut up when they talk about the Joshua Tree tour show they went to. And he remembers when U2 were only starting up and Out of Control was on the radio, stop rubbing it in my face, at least I have the albums on CD.
Argh... I feel you. Hearing stories about the shows that you missed is the worst. The band played a show about thirty minutes from my house on Larry's birthday during the Elevation tour, but I wasn't allowed to go because I was "too young". Now I hear people talk about that show a lot because apparently their version of "Kite" that night was AMAZING, and Larry covered the whole front row in a bottle of champagne. I know it wasn't my fault, but I kick myself all the time. I think seeing the band on any of the member's birthdays would be a lot of fun.

Hey, 8/7/89 here. I finally saw the boys live last night, they were amazing. I've been a massive fan for 4-ish years now. I hate the fact that I missed all the other concerts- Zootopia, Joshua Tree etc. but I'm glad I'm getting to see U2 at all.

My dad used to work spotlight on concerts, he got to spotlight for *everyone*- people I could care less about (Backstreet Boys) and people I do care about like Bob Marley, and of course, U2. So him going on about how he got to hear all these amazing concerts, and that one time he helped David Bowie to his place on stage so that he wouldn't be seen by the audience- it's painful. But one of the worst things? My dad had lots and lots and lots of concert tees- and my mom made him sell them for a dollar a piece at a garage sale before I was born. Just imagine that. I could have old school U2 tees. :cries:

I'm done with my rant now. :)

Last night was incredible and can't wait to see them many many more times.

I think I'm the youngest here: May 1992 :)

If anyone wants my email/AIM screen name lemme know because I would love to talk to other U2 fans (no one in my school likes them)! :wink:

January 1988 here :wink: I was *just* getting into U2 when they came around here for Elevation. So stupid! :banghead:

^ agreed..

sometimes I wish I had a time machine, so then I could travel back in time and see U2 play each tour just to fulfill my jealousy :wink: .

ZooTV :drool: Popmart Lemon :drool: :drool:

youtooellen said:
^ agreed..

sometimes I wish I had a time machine, so then I could travel back in time and see U2 play each tour just to fulfill my jealousy :wink: .

ZooTV :drool: Popmart Lemon :drool: :drool:

me too :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I was born July 21, 1988. I agree with you guys about ZooTV and Popmart. I would have loved to be old enough to see those shows. I only saw my first U2 show this October at MSG. Best experience of my life.

Joey788 said:
I was born July 21, 1988. I agree with you guys about ZooTV and Popmart. I would have loved to be old enough to see those shows. I only saw my first U2 show this October at MSG. Best experience of my life.

Which October show were you at?

I went to three this year.....NJ1-5/17 (with nosebleed seats), MSG-11/22 (GA, first row in between Adam and Bono....the BEST day of my entire life), and Hartford-12/7 (with GA....second row in front of Adam) :)

Back
Top Bottom