Teenage U2 fans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well i took 8 subjects and have to sit 22 exams over a month, but we do get out of school for that amount of time which is good! Because you can't study all the time :D

Cat Evans said:
Well i took 8 subjects and have to sit 22 exams over a month, but we do get out of school for that amount of time which is good! Because you can't study all the time :D

Good luck with the GCSEs, Cat! They'll be a doddle, really, but don't forget to revise! :shame: :wink: I have wistful memories of my GCSEs, I went to the Vertigo concert in Dublin the week after they ended! A very good incentive to study, I must say!

Thanks a lot Evillaurd!

Ye i need to do a lot of studying still!
OMG thats so awesome!! Lucky you, so how many times have you seen them live?

Cat Evans said:
Thanks a lot Evillaurd!

Ye i need to do a lot of studying still!
OMG thats so awesome!! Lucky you, so how many times have you seen them live?

That was my first and thus far only time I've seen them live. It was fantastic, and like you am saving up for the next tour! It's absolutely mind-blowing seeing them live, even though I was half way towards the back! I didn't know Out of Control, The Electric Co. or Party Girl though, so I was left standing, looking very confused on more than one occasion! I have great memories of that night.

But I need to get more studying done too. A-Levels soon (less than a month away - dread!:eek:) and don't finish until the 20th of June. But after that, two months of bliss before starting Uni!

Wow, i'm even more dying to see them live now!! Everyone i've spoken to says it is incredible!!:drool: aww shame you didn't know those songs, maybe next time you see them it'll be even better!!:D

Ah good luck with them then! Nice, can't wait to get up to Uni either!! just 2 years left!:happy:

Where do you live then?

Cat Evans said:
Wow, i'm even more dying to see them live now!! Everyone i've spoken to says it is incredible!!:drool: aww shame you didn't know those songs, maybe next time you see them it'll be even better!!:D

Ah good luck with them then! Nice, can't wait to get up to Uni either!! just 2 years left!:happy:

Where do you live then?
It actually made me like the songs even more for some reason, hearing them for the first time live. But I did make a point of memorising them as soon as I got the rest of the albums, and so the next time around I will be able to sing any song they decide to throw into the setlist!

I'm originally from Belfast (up north) but am now living in Hillsborough, which is on the border of County Antrim and County Down. In a couple of months though, if I get my grades, it'll be over to Manchester with me! *Is very excited* And where are you from?

evillaurd said:

It actually made me like the songs even more for some reason, hearing them for the first time live. But I did make a point of memorising them as soon as I got the rest of the albums, and so the next time around I will be able to sing any song they decide to throw into the setlist!

I'm originally from Belfast (up north) but am now living in Hillsborough, which is on the border of County Antrim and County Down. In a couple of months though, if I get my grades, it'll be over to Manchester with me! *Is very excited* And where are you from?

Yes that would have been awesome!:D lol ye i'm making sure i know like every word for every song so they can't catch me out!

Oh right nice! coming over to belfast and dublin in the summer hopefully!:D I'm from Scotland, north east area. Cool, manchesters pretty good! what uni are you going to? I was thinking of going to Manchester too!!!

Cat Evans said:

Yes that would have been awesome!:D lol ye i'm making sure i know like every word for every song so they can't catch me out!

Oh right nice! coming over to belfast and dublin in the summer hopefully!:D I'm from Scotland, north east area. Cool, manchesters pretty good! what uni are you going to? I was thinking of going to Manchester too!!!

Cool, I might catch you over here then (though you probably want to spend more time down in Dubbers, and I don't blame you one bit! :wink:) I applied to Edinburgh as well as a prospective university, but ended up being rejected in the end. Ah well. I'm sure I'll make it up there one day!

It's the main uni of Manchester, there's Manchester Metropolitan and then there's just the University of Manchester, which is the one I've applied for. It looks really cool, just need to get into decent halls of residence! Thankfully, though, I don't have to think too hard about it any more - all the paperwork's been done, so just need to get the grades and then I'll start worrying about that!

evillaurd said:

Cool, I might catch you over here then (though you probably want to spend more time down in Dubbers, and I don't blame you one bit! :wink:) I applied to Edinburgh as well as a prospective university, but ended up being rejected in the end. Ah well. I'm sure I'll make it up there one day!

It's the main uni of Manchester, there's Manchester Metropolitan and then there's just the University of Manchester, which is the one I've applied for. It looks really cool, just need to get into decent halls of residence! Thankfully, though, I don't have to think too hard about it any more - all the paperwork's been done, so just need to get the grades and then I'll start worrying about that!

Ye maybe! Ye i really have been dying to get over to Dublin for a while now! I hope i meet the U2 boys while i'm there but i doubt that very much. Aww ah well, ye you'll get there!:happy:

Oh ye, nice, i hope you get accepted then!

You got msn by any chance?

Cat Evans said:

Ye maybe! Ye i really have been dying to get over to Dublin for a while now! I hope i meet the U2 boys while i'm there but i doubt that very much. Aww ah well, ye you'll get there!:happy:

Oh ye, nice, i hope you get accepted then!

You got msn by any chance?

I managed to meet Noel Edmunds over there the last time I went, so I wouldn't rule out running into the boys (being locals and all)!

I do have msn, but unfortunately I rarely ever use it! I only ever check my emails there any more. If you want to add me, though, here's my email:

bono_fide@hotmail.co.uk

and I'll see if I can make it on occasionally.

I think my eyes are telling me to get some sleep now, as the screen is phasing in and out of blurriness...:huh:

See you around!:D

evillaurd said:
I'm originally from Belfast (up north)

^me too :) and good luck with your A Levels also, I'm sure you'll do fine :D

I'm going to be doing 10 gcses, first one is in november then the rest are in may/june next year.. I'm already nervous about them so I don't know how you must be feeling Cat!!

:wave:

Hello fellow Belfastern! Good luck with the GCSEs for next year. No need to be nervous, just keep up with revision (I should know - I've left it to the last minute and crammed on more than one occasion and never came out with as good a result as actually taking the time to sit down and learn gradually!) and it'll all fall into place when you take the test.

Do you mind if I ask you which school you're at? I don't know of many of them, I just know them by colour of uniform!

Thanks, its a good bit off so plenty of time to revise :)
I'm at St.Dominic's, maroon uniform to you lol
What school did you go to?

music.u2 said:
Thanks, its a good bit off so plenty of time to revise :)
I'm at St.Dominic's, maroon uniform to you lol
What school did you go to?

How have I not met you?! I go there too!

Back
Top Bottom