teenage fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I got the CD!!! It's not the one with the original cover with the boy on it but oh well..:shrug:
Still haven't listened to it yet lol...been so busy lately blah...

I have no idea what the lyrics are for MOFO since I can't hear any of it in the DVD. Guess I'll check it out one day.

lol I don't have a tv in my room so I wanted to watch it, it would require me to get up and out of bed.
Hey is there some extra stuff like screensaves or something that you can get off the DVD on to your computer or something? I can't seem to open it....

Oh by the way, the day went out and got more goldfish a couple days ago. I hope these ones don't get bloated and stuff. :huh:

what does the CD cover have on the front then?? mine has the boy on it.

i remember tryin to get a screen saver from that DVD but it didn't work on my comp, grrr. i got a 'vertigo' screensaver from U2.com now so i'm not too bothered anymore lol

those goldfish sound important to you lol i think u should go onto google and search for goldfish and find out how to not get them bloated!

Mine has the four of them in black and white. What do you have inside the booklet thing?? I only have lyrics to 4 of their songs.

lol, what's the vertigo screensaver like?

My cousin actually got me a book on goldfish but I never bothered reading it...I've looked through picutures a couple times but that's it. lol I don't think I'll ever be able to get myself to read that thing...

i have no lyrics in my booklet! if u can call it a booklet that is, it's more like a flimsy piece of cardboard with some black and white pictures on it lol yeh i got the the pictuire of the four of them inside it but the boy on the front.

the vertigo screensaver is ok, nothing special tho. just some red and black circles moving round the screen with bits of lyrics from the new album getting shown every now n then.

reading a book on goldfish would take *some* motivation lol plus if any of your friends found it would be seriously damaging to your credibility!

really?? Wow and I thought I got ripped off with mine....I don't have the picture of the boy at all but o well at least I have U2 on the cover I guess :shrug:

lol, I stopped using screensavers, it's not like I ever look at it anyway.

lol I'll probably never get beyond the cover so no worries there:wink:
I've got some pretty weird friends so reading a goldfish book won't look to bad compared to them.

I wish Franz Ferdinand was opening for the N. American concerts!!! I've never even heard of Kings of Leon until now....

haha the kings of leon are a quality band trust me, download some of their stuff, i have and i was impressed. but apparently they are a bit static on stage when they play live. franz seem to be getting quite big across the pond now, well done to them. i'm just about to put their album onto my i-pod actually!

lol i won't ask u about your friends then if readin a goldfish book would be cool compared to them lol

oh by the way have u noticed how crap Edge's clothes were in the late 80's??!! i think i might start a thread on this topic in another part of the forum 'cos he's made some shocking choices in the fashion department in the past!!

lol Franz is already in my lovely ipod! I think it'd be pretty cool see Keane as well. I saw them perform on SNL and they sounded pretty good. Are Kings of Leon from the Uk?

Sadly I have noticed his horrid style back in the 80's....oh god him during the JT era was the worst. I don't understand the whole hobo look. Everytime I see a pic of him in that time I just want to scream WHY!?!?!?! :huh:
I never really liked him with the cowboy hat either...it's more of a Bono thing. But at least Edge has cleaned up his style, he looks MUCH better now :wink:

yeh edge is quite a stylish guy now (i want one of his '7' t-shirts from the Elevation tour but dunno where to get one from lol). god i think my dad had better fashion sense than edge did in the 80's. he actually looked more ridiculous in the 80's than he did when they all wore those silly clothes for the POPmart tour! u just look at him and think :uhoh:

nah the Kings of Leon are from the dirrrrrrty south. around texas i think. u can tell by their voices. a lot of good new american bands become more popular over here at first than in their own country. i've only just got an ipod so i spent all weekend putting the U2 collection onto it! now i've gotta add my franz, killers, strokes ect.....

lol I love his graphin tees. How many of those number t-shirts does he have?? I liked the one he had in the Walk On vid. I've noticed in pictures lately...he rarely goes out without his leather jacket, it's like that's all he wears.

The dance they did in the discoteque vid just popped into my mind...LOL :lmao:

I still have to rip my Boy album and stick it into my ipod. Did you get the U2 ipod?

leather jackets are cool these days, im gettin one at the weekend in fact. maybe i should grow a goatee and wear a hat n go for the complete 'edge look' lol:

nah i didn't get the U2 ipod, got the standard 20G instead. the U2 one cost an extra £50 n i didn't wanna pay that cos im a tramp lol although technically it will be a U2 ipod with the amount of U2 stuff i'll have on it eventually!

btw where do u get the name 'mucca' from?? i take it that it's not your actual name lol

lol If you really want to have the complete Edge look, you'd also need the receding hairline :wink:

lol smart move! I went for the U2 one. Apparently you get $50 off when you buy the complete U2 set or whatever it's called, but I still haven't used that yet and I dont even know if I will. It'll probably cost like $100 even after the discount....

My cousin just got a palm pilot awhile ago. It has a whole load of functions and can also play mp3s and it's even cheaper than the U2 ipod....that made me feel totally stupid for spending all that money on the ipod but o well...I love it to death :shrug:

Mucca is the italian word for cow. :wink:
I would not be very happy with my parents if they actually named me that :huh:

haha well i'm 19 now and a receding hairline is one thing i DON'T want now lol maybe i should go for the edge look when i'm in my 40's as well lol

my mate a got a U2 iPod for xmas and it looks well cool. he doesn't even like U2 and he got it free for xmas which makes me angry a bit :angry: it's not fair!

yeh i heard that the palm pilot is good, but i love my iPod as well!

when is your U2 concert btw?

lol sounds like a plan! :up:
I wonder if Edge will still be wearing those hats when his 80...:hmm:

What?!?! :eyebrow: That is so wrong!! Save the U2 ipods for people who will actually appreciate it!! Sheeesh....Oh which reminds me, My chem teacher (the one that's also going to the concert) saw my U2 ipod and totally went ballistic about it today. He popped into my math class just to listen to it...lol...You'd think he would have some teaching to do!

My concert is on Apr. 29!!! :D How many days is that....51 days!! EEeeeek!!!

seeing somebody with a U2 iPod who doesn't like U2 makes you even more jealous trust me lol....

Edge will have moved on to a new style of hat when he's 80

April 29th?? that's my brothers birthday lol so i'm going to be out having a silly meal or something with him and my parents and u are going to be watching U2 playing One, Streets, vertigo ect........!!!! it's not fair!!

lol
It feels very quiet in here today...everything seems so dead:confused:

Speaking of people being 80, have you seen the pic of U2 and their dads?? Edge really looks like his dad!!

lol you make family dinners sound so unfun :wink:
Hey you'll get to see them later, just remember you got better tickets than i did! :tongue:

Ooooh I can't wait to hear Miracle Drug live!!! and Streets! I love hearing the opening of it!!
Talking about all this is getting me so excited!!! :hyper:

yeh i saw that pic of U2 with their dads, Adams dad looks well, err, bizarre lol thats the only word i can use to describe him!

i get well excited when i start thinkin bout seeing them live. how come you didn't get GA's? were they all sold out?

Oh by the way for my brothers birthday we are going to Barcelona in spain for a couple of days now so while u r watchin U2 play it isn't going to be as bad for me! i can't wait to hear them do streets!

lol He's freakishly tall eh?

I couldn't get GA's cuz ticketbastards kicked me off their server for a good 3 min!!! And by then all of them were sold out! :mad: Ughhh.....

That's so cool!! Wow what a birthday...wish my parents would bring me to Barcelona for my birthday :tongue:
How old will your brother be?

I wish Apr. 29th would come sooner!!!:mad:

*quickly rumages through U2 pics*
God...I need to organize my pictures....

lol I never thought of that but yeah he does. I think it's his height that makes him look like a CEO of some big corporation.

happy b-day lemonchick!

didn't know where else to post this, so I'll post it here. Today, my 60-something *cough*redneck*cough Georgia Studies teacher, made a U2 reference.:ohmy: She was saying "you,too" to some kid, and said "no, not the group." It made my day and scared the shit outta me at the same time, cos she's ancient and very very Southern in the least flattering way.:ohmy: I guess U2 are that popular. wow.

I found someone else my age who likes U2! She moved here from India, and she got into them thru her Indian father, so again they are really popular in all parts of the world. Anyway, her favorite song is Mothers of the Disappeared, which is odd, but she gets points for knowing obscure songs. lol, j/k:wink:

Mucca said:
lol He's freakishly tall eh?

I couldn't get GA's cuz ticketbastards kicked me off their server for a good 3 min!!! And by then all of them were sold out! :mad: Ughhh.....

That's so cool!! Wow what a birthday...wish my parents would bring me to Barcelona for my birthday :tongue:
How old will your brother be?

I wish Apr. 29th would come sooner!!!:mad:

as if all your GA's were sold out, thats terrible! i think u should try and get some counterfeit GA tickets from somewhere lol

my brother will be 17 (although he still looks about 13 lol). he's yet to embrace U2 and i don't think he ever will. he listens to usher for gods sake. there's just no hope with some people!! i reckon he secretly likes them but is too scared to admit it lol

lol i suppose anyone who can make a fake ID could make fake GA's for me. Wonder if anyone has every tried and was successful....:hmm:

17 is good age....felt just like yesterday I was 17 but it's been a month now lol
Well at least he's not listening to S Club 7 or something lol....You should tell him all the cool people, such as yourself listen to U2. I'm sure that'll convice him to come out of the closet lol :wink:

I love Out of Control! :dance:

and what particular closet is this u are talking about?? ..........lol

if he listened to S Club 7 then i think i'd disown him, or at least tell my parents to kick him out of the house lol no brother of mine listens to S Club 7!! i think he knows that the cool people listen to U2 cos he admitted he liked Vertigo to me when it came out....that felt like such a victory for me lol an 'i told u so' moment, if u will lol

try and get hold of some fake GA's and if at the show they tell u they're fake then just show them your real seated ones and u get to see the show anyway! u have nothing to lose!

i have just put on Out of Control reallyyyyyyyyy loud cos u just mentioned it lol

lol! The U2 one but hey you never know with these things :wink:

I love the "i told you so" moments....It gives me great pride when I know that I've influenced anothers taste in music :yes:

You're right....now all i gotta do is find someone who makes them....:hmm:

OMG guess what?
I met U2 today!!!! Well Bono and Edge to be exact!!! But OMG it was absolutely amazing!!! I got to shake their hands....:combust:
Well if you're interested the story is up on the Band sightings thread :)

OMG today is the happiest day of my life!!!!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Well tomorrow I'm off to a beach house for 4 days with a bunch of friends. So I guess I'll see you in 4 days!:wave:

where did u meet them??? and even more to the point, where can i find the band sightings thread lol i'd quite like to read this story!

i wouldn't really know what to say to them if i met them but i know if i did ask bono a question i know that he wouldn't shut up lol he seems like he likes being interviewed whenever i see him on TV.

how was your beach house then? did u miss interference!??

i bought a new mobile phone today and it takes pictures and u can make video's on it so i'm gonna try and make a video when i go and see them in concert when they are playing streets or something lol quite a good idea i think!

Back
Top Bottom