St Patrick's Day with JT in LA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, let us know what you find out. I ain't driving an hour in for nothing :huh: :wink:

oh, and ask if there's any exception for kids wanting to see JT too :shifty:

Thanks!

Mr. BAW said:
any details on tickets for this show or is it first come, first served? I know they serve dinner; does a table reservation hold a place for the show or are they in different rooms? their website notes its a 21+ years venue....inquiring minds...

A dinner reservation will get you in in the door. Might be a good idea if you want to get a table and not just a place to stand. At around 7pm or so, they will be going around and making sure everyone has a wristband indicating that they have paid for a ticket for the evenings events.

There is only one room at the HRCLA. It is a much better set up than the HRC in Sand Diego from last March. You can see it all on the HRC LA's web page.

I think, I need to check with Bonnie, but I think we have some tickets to be able to sell if anyone would really like to have them before they get out there. If you think you need to get them beforehand, PM me and I will see what we can do.

See ya on the 17th,

Lila64 said:
yeah, let us know what you find out. I ain't driving an hour in for nothing :huh: :wink:

oh, and ask if there's any exception for kids wanting to see JT too :shifty:

Thanks!

I was told the the HRC holds 370 people. I hope that there would not be any issues with getting in.

There in nothing we, JT, can do about the age limit. It is a HRC decision. They only option would be for you to call the HRC and see if they would be flexible.

i called the HRC right now, and spoke to someone by the name of cynthia. she told me they are pretty strict on the age limit which is 21 and over.

Chaz, i'll take one of those tix. Let me know how I can pay you for it.
thanks!
I'll probably be there early.......6PM?

:)

TheEdge U2JT said:

A dinner reservation will get you in in the door. Might be a good idea if you want to get a table and not just a place to stand. At around 7pm or so, they will be going around and making sure everyone has a wristband indicating that they have paid for a ticket for the evenings events.

There is only one room at the HRCLA. It is a much better set up than the HRC in Sand Diego from last March. You can see it all on the HRC LA's web page.

I think, I need to check with Bonnie, but I think we have some tickets to be able to sell if anyone would really like to have them before they get out there. If you think you need to get them beforehand, PM me and I will see what we can do.

See ya on the 17th,

I'm coming all the way from Minnesota to see you guys play :sexywink: I need 2 tickets :D

TheEdge U2JT said:

I was told the the HRC holds 370 people. I hope that there would not be any issues with getting in.

There in nothing we, JT, can do about the age limit. It is a HRC decision. They only option would be for you to call the HRC and see if they would be flexible.

Well, I do need 1 ticket then, since Maddy is 11, but can't pass for 21. Yet. And I'm in T.O., which I believe, a member of the band is from or near, correct? Hopefully you can PM me and we can work out the ticket situation.

As for the club/dinner/seating - is anyone planning on dinner & a show? Could we make a reservation? Who's in charge (not me :no: ). Lemme know :sexywink:

and thanks icelle for the info about the age limit. Maddy is bummed :sad:
BTW, best to PM me if you can - not always checking the email addy attached to the Interference account.

daisy's pretty bummed too. she was already talking about 21 and over disguises and such hehe...she really wanted to see them at the HRC.

chas, if you have a tix i'll take one.

Kariann and I will definitely be there for dinner. I'm not sure what time. We are driving in from the desert :drool: Hopefully by 6:00-7:00 depending on what time we leave.

I'll be there for dinner. I made a table reservation for 15 for 6:40pm. There's only 5 travelling with me, then 2 other friends joining us tho I don't know what time so anyone wanting to hook up with us feel free!

Karen - since you have a table for 15 already reserved...
Could Redrocks & I each reserve a seat? :sexywink: That would be one less thing for me to worry about...

now just waiting for response about show ticket :hmm:

Lila64 said:
Could Redrocks & I each reserve a seat? :sexywink: That would be one less thing for me to worry about...

you sold me out for Carlos eh? :tsk:

sold you out? No, I just asked Carlos his plans. Last I heard from you you were looking to get a room :shifty:

Are you coming? I'll buy you a
guinness.jpg
Deal?

quick question for those who've been to the HRC in L.A. ...

I ate dinner there once about 20+ years ago :reject: {Never impressed by overpriced food/burgers.} Is there a separate room/stage where the band performs? Just wondering about the age limit issue, since I'm sure there's no limit on age for the restaurant... wondering if it separated and that's why kids can't get in :shrug:

Lila64 said:

Absolutely! Kat, you want a spot also?

Lila64 said:
quick question for those who've been to the HRC in L.A. ...

I ate dinner there once about 20+ years ago :reject: {Never impressed by overpriced food/burgers.} Is there a separate room/stage where the band performs? Just wondering about the age limit issue, since I'm sure there's no limit on age for the restaurant... wondering if it separated and that's why kids can't get in :shrug:

The HRC has one room. The stage is a large upper area where they clear out the tables. You can go to the HRC LA web site and they a have a 360 view of the place and you can see how it sets up.

on the HRC site, there's 360 degree views of the bar, rock shop and dining room. Still no clue where a band would perform. Looks rather small from the angles they show... And being that it's a restaurant, why wouldn't kids be allowed to the show. That makes me mad :mad: :shifty:

Lila64 said:
on the HRC site, there's 360 degree views of the bar, rock shop and dining room. Still no clue where a band would perform. Looks rather small from the angles they show... And being that it's a restaurant, why wouldn't kids be allowed to the show. That makes me mad :mad: :shifty:

After 9 or 10pm when they offer entertainment like this they consider the establishment to be a "bar" and not "restaurant" and that is where the line divides the age limits and regulations they must follow as far as alcohol being served.

If they don't have a stage, they will position the band at the "front" part of the room or at the place where most they would be most visible and re-arrange tables. The set up was different at the HRC in San Diego last year in that there were a lot of booths and a raised area in the middle of the place with a sort of raised small stage and wood "dance" floor which was standing room when they removed the tables. Hmmmm....I wonder if they plan to remove tables at LA to allow for more bodies? The place was packed in SD, but they were very conscious of the fire rules in not over-filling the place. Last year St Pat's at Harry O's the place was filled to over-brimming which wasn't very safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom