ST. PATRICKS DAY - FORT LAUDERDALE - UV - America's Tribute to U2 at REVOLUTION!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dmaleads

The Fly
On That Note Entertainment and Revolution present:

UV - America's Tribute to U2

When: St. Patrick's Day (March 17th, 2006)
Doors Open: 9p
Showtime: 10p
Where: Revolution <JoinTheRevolution.net>
Tickets: ONLY $5.00 available thru the box office or at TicketMaster!

Capacity is only 2,000 so get your ticket's fast!

If you missed U2 on this last leg of the tour, then you DO NOT want to miss this show! UV (UltraViolet) has been asked to put together an extra special performance for St. Patrick's Day at Revolution, the largest live music venue in south Florida!!! This is your chance to see UV on the same stage that the likes of KINGS OF LEON, KEANE, THE BLACK CROWES, SNOOP DOG, NELLY, LIZ PHAIR, have all performed within the past year!

Located in the heart of dowtown Fort Lauderdale off Himarshee Street where the BIGGEST ST. PATRICKS DAY PARTY takes place!

There will be 2 VERY SPECIAL GUESTS making appearances, but you need to be there to find out who!

UV was the band that was hired by ETS (U2's touring company) to perform for both pre and post show parties at Playwights Irish Pub (South Beach) November 13th and 14th, then onto Tampa where they did the same at McDintons Irish Pub on the 16th!

Come SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL ARTISTS and have a pint of Guinness with the band following the show. UV's hometown is Fort Lauderdale Florida, so this promises to be one very special evening. To get a sneak peek at UV, they will be performing this Friday the 17th of Feb, 5:00p at the 22nd annual St. Colemans Italian Fest <ItalianFest.org.> This is a family event so if you have kids, this is a great venue with fair rides, etc.

FOR MORE INFO OR TO GET INVOLVED WITH THE STREET TEAM TO SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL UV, please call 305-742-4748.

myspace.com/ultraviolettheband
UltraViolet.homestead.com

For Ticket sales please call TicketMaster or Revolution at 954-727-0950

front.jpg

back.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys! I saw you last month in Ft. Lauderdale, and you're EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING!!! ;)

See you on St. Patty's!!! Can't wait!!!

How is it that everytime a new U2 Tribute posts something here in gatherings, it is followed by posts praising the band as the best ever or even better than the real thing, however they are the persons 1st ever post?

How fortunate that this new member to Interference happened to find a posting from a band they saw in gatherings and decided use their 1st and only post ever to say how great the band is? What are the odds? Amazing, truly amazing!

Last edited:
I'm not sure about everyone else on this forum, but I am a fan, and I READ it all the time. I do not always post on here. Since 2003, I have posted a TOTAL of 8 times. Less than 2 times per year. Not everybody lives on this forum, and eats and sleeps posting all day.

I posted the announcement for our tribute act UV for St. Patrick's day in fort lauderdale ONLY to let the LOCAL fans know about it. Hence the reason FORT LAUDERDALE is in the subject line, NOT NY. I have no idea who posted before you, however, I gather they have seen us around in the past few months, either in South Florida, or Tampa. And regardless if I knew them, or didnt know them, it doesnt matter! Who cares what someone else says about one band or another. And If I posted this in the wron area, then please let me know, as again, I do not post here often and obviousely dont live on this thing like yourself.

Are you a fan? Or some naysayer that U2JT is the only tribute act out there?!? I mean, we dont even compete for the same markets! Get off of it Mrs. Edge! Grow up. Unreal.

To the rest, I hope to see some of you there as it promises to be alot of fun. If you are in the The LA area area during St. Patricks day, I recommend going to see U2JT, as they are also a good band. I hope EVERYONE has fun on St. Patricks day, and enjoys some good U2 music.

But dont come out guns blazing on this forum taking cheap shots. How immature "Chedge".

That's MR. The Edge 2U

Last edited:
Seriously Chas!

Hey Chas - I have a question: why is it that you feel it necessary to go into other band's threads and post uninformed shit and level thinly disguised accusations? Grow up, seriously dude - you guys have your own fair share of backers, leave new bands alone and let them do their thing. I've watched you do this a few times now and you know what man? You look like a really insecure little boy to everyone here.

To the rest who will be in FLORIDA on St Patrick's Day (notably, not the other side of the continent lol), go out and see this band! They rock, and this opinion is coming from a truly veteran Interferencer (ie not someone who joined once they started their U2 band or to support someone elses), someone who has been a U2 fan for 25 years, and from someone who is also in a U2 band and knows what it takes. Believe me, I'm VERY picky about U2 bands and dont like shortcuts or halfassed bands. Alot of people are going to be very pleasantly surprised by what this band is going to do in the future.

Why else should ya be there? Cause I'll be there too!! ;)

(from sunny South Florida...damn I love it here!! :D:D)

PS - oh yeah - if you are in California on St Pat's Day make sure you check out Chas' band The Joshua Tree at the Hard Rock - never seen them myself but I've heard great things about them! :)

Last edited:
Anybody here is welcome to post in this forum to talk about their band or band gatherings.

I really dont think its right for other 'rival bands' to come into their threads to start shit. Just mind your own business and tend to your own threads.

Thanks.

Gabe, you need to backoff. This was not a bash on UV as a band, just commenting on how it looks when a new band comes in and posts there are posts praising them that are the 1st and only post by that member.

In the past we have seen bands post how great they were, but made it look like it was a fan that posted. I don't like that kind of dishonesty. I was just saying that this looked suspicious. However, it is not that deep that you need to get bent out of shape.

As for dmaleads.... did I say anything about my band? NO. You can look at every posting I have made here on interference and you will find my propping other bands that I know like UF in NY Desire here in LA and Elevation Canada. I don't say stuff about my band. That is the point I was making here.

It was not an attack on your post or your band. It was questioning the 2 responses to your post. Each by new members who just registered with interference. I thought it is a valid point because we have seen it before on here.

The Mrs. Edge comment was a nice touch, very classy. And then you call me immature? I guess that fact that you said something nice about The Joshua Tree make it ok. Good luck with your show. I hope it goes well for you.

Last edited:
TheEdge U2JT said:
Gabe, you need to backoff. This was not a bash on UV as a band, just commenting on how it looks when a new band comes in and posts there are posts praising them that are the 1st and only post by that member.

In the past we have seen bands post how great they were, but made it look like it was a fan that posted. I don't like that kind of dishonesty. I was just saying that this looked suspicious. However, it is not that deep that you need to get bent out of shape.

The only person in this thread who needs to back off is you Chas, it's none of your business and, as you will note above, the mods don't think you have any place making any comment about it at all. Think back to another little exchange you had with another tributer re: Jt's fans posting their support - you're being rather hypocritical now dont you think?

{EDIT - not my place to reiterate what Sicy said. She's 100% right}

IMO you owe the author of the thread an apology for hijacking it and causing a negative aura around their show announcement - or you could simply PM a mod and have your comments removed. That would be the right thing to do.

Last edited:
Yep Gabe I'm a hypocrit! I'm immature. I'm Mrs. Edge. You guys got me all figured out. Come on guys, the playground is open. Let the childish name calling continue. Give it your best shot.

I'm sorry to the author of the thread for pointing out that something looks suspicious. It was not an attack of UV. Don't be so uptight. If the moderators want to remove my posts, feel free.

What business is it of yours if their thread looks 'suspicious'?? NONE. Who cares if two newbies posted in a thread that has nothing to do with you? Obviously you have some kind of jealousy issues or you wouldnt give a crap! I think this is the most childish thread I've read here in a long time.

And since my warning was completely ignored, this thread is closed.

Apologies to the thread starter, but the information will still be here for others if they'd like to attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom