SoCal - Aug. 28/29 - FIDM/Grammy Museum & Potluck at a park or beach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey guys looking fwd to the weekend! I'm beat from work boo shit
There's a nice little Coffee Bean inside the Ralphs on 9th and Hope, which is pretty much right diagonally across from FIDM. We can meet there if y'all would like.

:up:

Scalp massage? Thank you. :up:

Hey guys looking fwd to the weekend! I'm beat from work boo shit
There's a nice little Coffee Bean inside the Ralphs on 9th and Hope, which is pretty much right diagonally across from FIDM. We can meet there if y'all would like.

Sorry your week has been shite Ms. V. :hug:

We will make it better by having a good time tomorrow. :D:up:

Here's the address for FIDM. 919 S Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90015-1421

It's on Grand between Olympic and 9th. 9th is one way going East-ish. Olympic is a two way street.

The Coffee Bean that Vasthy is talking about is on Ninth. There's also a fancy-schmancy Ralphs there.

I think maybe we should think about staying in the parking over at FIDM since the Emmy's are at the Nokia on Sunday, I don't know what the impact on parking over there will be. The temps are supposed to drop like 20 degrees so it shouldn't be too warm.

PS Jeff, I like the new Avi. No nightmares. :D

If the Emmy's are at Nokia, there could be rehearsals going on, and thus more traffic. Just something to think about :crack:

Now, to just Google for the best directions :happy:

I just called to double-check and parking is free tomorrow at FIDM because the school is closed. Does 10:30 meet-up at the school still work for everyone?

For those driving and parking at the school, the parking lot is on the right-hand side of 9th St., just before Grand. It comes up pretty quick but there is a huge "Project Runway" billboard pointing at the school that's a good landmark.

I've been to Staples Center before the Grammys and traffic wasn't any worse, there's just more restrictions on where you can and can't go (like around the Nokia Theater) and, like Diana said, parking may be a problem at LA Live, but we can park at FIDM for a while and, if need be, there's other cheap lots in the area.

And maybe Maddy and I will have our dream come true and we'll run into Mark Salling tomorrow.

Mark-Salling-Photoshoot-glee-8891260-720-480.jpg

I hope I can just park once & walk. Or repark and shuttle people & share the costs of moving the car. :shrug:

I guess so Romi :shrug:

I've been to Staples Center before the Grammys and traffic wasn't any worse, there's just more restrictions on where you can and can't go (like around the Nokia Theater) and, like Diana said, parking may be a problem at LA Live, but we can park at FIDM for a while and, if need be, there's other cheap lots in the area.

And maybe Maddy and I will have our dream come true and we'll run into Mark Salling tomorrow.

Mark-Salling-Photoshoot-glee-8891260-720-480.jpg

:eek:

:faint:

Yes, please! :yes:

:wave:See y'all tomorrow. Theres construction on Washington blvd which suspends the blue line reaching dtla ( for the last 5 stops.) I'll try to make it on time.

Hope I don't oversleep too much since I have a date with wine tonight :yes:

Back
Top Bottom