Sicy is coming to So Cal!!!! May 26 - May 28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sicy is on tour? I'm the last to know :tsk: :wink:

She's apparently coming on Memorial Weekend... Someone has a birthday around that time too. :hmm: :whistle:

488987.jpg

Sicy are you coming to OZ?

I'm trying to get out to the USA. My uncle lives in Big Bear.

I want to able to meet with other interferencers here, i will be at the Gold Coast in August and Mornington Penisula at Xmas if anyone is interested!!!!!

^^ Don't think i've had one of those!!!!
Ooooh.........I might ask for one of those next time i'm at the tavern..................just in case the bar guy looks at me funny,what's in it?

From Google:

This is a very sweet and lemony drink that came into vogue during the 1970s in California. It is now a favorite drink of the West Coast. The drink was developed at a now defunct bar called Henry Africa's in San Francisco, a well-known singles bar. At Henry Africa's bar, they developed and pushed "girl drinks" - drinks that are potent, yet sweet enough to cover the taste of alcohol. Think of the lemon drop candies!

1 1/2 ounces vodka
1/2 ounce Triple Sec
1 teaspoon superfine sugar
3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
Ice cubes
Superfine sugar for dipping
Twisted peel of lemon

Mix the vodka, Triple Sec, sugar, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice; shake well (supposedly the cocktail is to be shaken 40 times to make sure the sugar is well blended). Pour strained liquor into sugar-rimmed martini glass and garnish with a twisted peel of lemon.

Last edited:
Doozer61 said:
From Google:

This is a very sweet and lemony drink that came into vogue during the 1970s in California. It is now a favorite drink of the West Coast. The drink was developed at a now defunct bar called Henry Africa's in San Francisco, a well-known singles bar. At Henry Africa's bar, they developed and pushed "girl drinks" - drinks that are potent, yet sweet enough to cover the taste of alcohol. Think of the lemon drop candies!

1 1/2 ounces vodka
1/2 ounce Triple Sec
1 teaspoon superfine sugar
3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
Ice cubes
Superfine sugar for dipping
Twisted peel of lemon

Mix the vodka, Triple Sec, sugar, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice; shake well (supposedly the cocktail is to be shaken 40 times to make sure the sugar is well blended). Pour strained liquor into sugar-rimmed martini glass and garnish with a twisted peel of lemon.

40 times is way too much, too many ice shavings enter into the drink that way, watering it down.

Sicy will be in the OC Friday, 5/27 to Sunday, 5/29..Memorial Day weekend....Friday, Sicy wants to go Salsa dancing (any takers...please let us know...)

Saturday, 5/28, BAW's are hosting a BBQ at their home..later, possibly a caravan to a local hot spot but these are just ideas...

I'm trying to get a #'s count as to how many Interferencers who are interested and determined to meet the Sicilian Warrior Princess.....who's definitely in? who's definitely out? who's a maybe?

We're 6 miles due north of Angel Stadium, Arrowhead Pond, within 1 mi. of the SR-57 freeway....118 all the way to the 210 to the 57 is my typical route from your neck of the woods, 1 hour.

Back
Top Bottom