Save new wave ii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always thought it was 21 and over. But this one shouldn't be, especially since there was a change of venue & tickets had already been sold. :shrug: Chaz!!!! :help:

:gah: x2

I called the HOB and left a message for someone. We'll see if she calls back (somebody's assistant). Couldn't get a human on the line. :|

I called and left another message. I don't know if it's a generic mailbox or actually the manager's mailbox, which was the person I was trying to reach.

House of Blues Sunset Strip
8430 Sunset Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069
Phone: (323) 848–5100

Marcus Nicolaidis
General Manager - (same phone #)

Tamara Madjerian
Concierge
Phone: (323) 848–5138
Email: concierge.foundationroom.Sunset@hob.com

I didn't try her...

I tried emailing a generic support@hob.com email address located on the HOB site. This is what I got...

Hello Fan,

Thank you for contacting the Live Nation Customer Care Team.

Unfortunately, House of Blues age limits are strictly enforced. As of now, there does not appear to have been an official announcement regarding the change of venues. As soon as that occurs, you will receive an email with details regarding any changes and what the refund policy will be for this show.

We are always looking for new ways to improve on the fan experience. If you need more help with this or any other question you can reply to this email, contact us by phone at 877.LYV.TIXS (877.598.8497), or find us online at Concert Tickets and Concert Tour Dates | Live Nation.

Please tell us how we're doing:

WhyContact

Chaz - you have any contact information or any way to get Maddy in? I don't know if Devlin already bought our tickets :( :sigh:

I didn't buy the tickets yet but have my fingers crossed that Maddy can come. I have been to all-ages shows at the HOB in Anaheim so it's not like the company has a blanket 18-and-over policy.

I know - you'd think it shouldn't be an issue, especially for this show. We were at Disneyland a couple of years ago when JT played the HOB Anaheim, and we stopped in and listened to a few songs before we had to leave. :shrug:

The latest response from the Customer Service email...

Hello Fan,

I apologize for your frustration, as of now there has been no official announcement as to the change in venues. The House of Blues website lists the show as 18+, and as stated earlier age limits are strictly enforced. Whether or not that listing is in error or a change from the earlier venue will be determined as soon as there is an official announcement, at which time you will receive an email from Live Nation.

So I wonder if/when there will be an announcement of the venue change. Chaz? :help:

The last response I received this morning...

Hello Fan,

Unfortunately, the new show is 18+, and the House of Blues enforces all age limits strictly. Here is the email that was sent out to people who purchased tickets through Live Nation.

Hollywood Palladium has just informed us that the venue for Save New Wave II on 11/21/09 has been moved to House Of Blues-Sunset Strip. The event date and show time will remain the same. Your current tickets for the Hollywood Palladium will be honored at the new venue. If you are unable to attend because of the change in venue, you may request a refund. Because no refunds may be issued without Live Nation Tickets receiving the tickets back in the mail, we strongly recommend that you use the USPS 2-3 Day Priority Mail service with the Delivery Confirmation option.

Tickets may be sent using this service to:
Live Nation Ticketing Customer Care
PO BOX 1090
CROZET, VA 22932

Tickets being sent by UPS may be sent to:
5391 Three Notch’d Road
Crozet, VA 22932
ATTN: Customer Care Managers

In order to receive a refund, your request and tickets must be in our possession no later than 11/20/2009.If you have Print At Home tickets, you do not have to send them back. Call us at the number below or reply to this email with your request.

We are always looking for new ways to improve on the fan experience. If you need more help with this or any other question you can reply to this email, contact us by phone at 888-598-4299 or find us online at Concert Tickets and Concert Tour Dates | Live Nation.

Please tell us how we're doing:

WhyContact

:|

We so wanted to be there too. I am cry! :scream:

I don't know if you want to give them a call or if Chaz is around, if he can get her on a list or something. I'd still pay for us. :shrug:

I just want to go there and watch them turn away anyone who has tickets under 18.

My theory on the change of venue would be poor ticket sales. So why limit a few people who actually might want to go. And who weren't alive in the 80s to boot! :gah:

Music should be for all ages.

I'm working with the event organizers to get it changed. We are not happy about it either.

When JT played HOB Anaheim last time, it was listed at 18+ but then at the venue they said it was all ages so it can be done. We now just need to get LiveNation and HOB to agree with us that it should be all ages.

We still have more than a week so I'll keep trying. Don't give up yet!

UPDATE:

We have calls in with HOB and LiveNation asking them to make the show all ages. I cannot think of any reason why they would have issues with this. As soon as I get the answer, I will post it here.

Regarding tickets:

If you get them through Ticketmaster, they are $20 + a $2.50 facility charge and TM's typical $8.95 convenience charge.

If you get them that night at the door they will be $22.50 but I'm pretty confident that you will not get hit with the TM $8.95 fee, however you run the risk of it being sold out. I'd advise stopping by HOB when the boxoffice opens, getting your tickets and then going to dinner if you do not get them before the 21st.

A slight change in the set list that was posted. We have pulled Two Hearts Beat As One and put in An Cat Dubh / Into the Heart.

Finally on dressing for the evening....who wants to see Carlos dressing in his best Miami Vice gear??

miami-vice4.jpg

I'll keep checking the thread :hyper:
Devlin - are you dressing up?
Carlos in Miami Vice clothing :lol:

Chaz, why would you pull Two Hearts? :sad:

Back
Top Bottom