San Francisco, anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AnCatDubh

Babyface
I've moved here in the last year. Just looking for more U2 fans to meet. A while back I went down to Embarcadero Center and frolicked in the fountain where All Along the Watchtower was filmed for Rattle and Hum...

...but there was no one else to share my enthusiasm (sniffle).

well hello. Speaking of the Embaradero Center where R&H was filmed, i was there just last week reminicing that there were no other u2 fans that could share in my u2 moment. **sniffle** I don't live in SF now, but will be moving down this August. yay!

------------------
"Imagination is the only
weapon in the war against
reality.

wooohoooo! SF rocks :)
I moved to SF almost 2 months ago, and have been looking for other U2'ers in the area. What do you think about finding more of our 'kind' and planning a u2 get together? We could all meet at the fountain! hehe...

------------------
-Elvis
http://interference.com

hey, great idea!! i know there are bound to be more u2 fans lurking around.

------------------
Sylvia aka SailorJi & Trinity
"Imagination is the only
reality."

I don't live in San Francisco, but I was just there last weekend and wanted to say: "San Francisco is a great city!!!!!!" I love that town. My friend lives right in the city so I went and hung out with him and I just really liked the atmosphere of the whole place. It's a lot like my hometown, Seattle, only with better architecture and not as much green. Cool place, I'm sure I'll go there again sometime!

I was born and raised in the bay area...just north of the Golden Gate. I miss it a lot. I live in Boise, Id. which is turning into a cool little town of its own. I've seen U2 four times in S.F. (oakland). They love S.F. too. Their favorite church there is Glide Memorial and when they're in town they go (well Bono does anyway). Don't mean to advertize for other artist, but I did leave my heart in... well you know. Have you been to the Haight? What is it like lately? Sometimes there is this great energy there, but the last couple of times I went it was sad- a lot of homeless teens etc...

Well im from CAL (covina, sunflower AVE) I just went to LA looking for the M$H but i could not find it because i was in a rush well next time, ITS WEARED ive met alot of people hear and there but havent stumbled across a u2 fan well if you see me around you can tell that im a u2 fan cause my looks are like BONO's and i try to dress like him, just a hint , are we a rare breed. Bono's prayer heavens air).

it's true...you do leave your heart in san francisco. I've grown up in the bay area for most of my life, been away for 3 years, and can't wait to move back in a month! Anyways, someone asked about the Haight/ashbury area, well it's not like it used to be. I'm not saying the hippie era, but back a few years ago, it was a just a cool bohemian place to be. But now, you have your fancy GAP and other clothing stores which kinda defeats the purpose...oh the irony. But it's still a nice place to be.

I really think that us Bay Area/San Fran U2 fans should get together (maybe in golden gate park or embarcadero!) and have a u2 picnic! fun fun fun!

"Rock and roll doggie!"

------------------
Sylvia aka SailorJi & Trinity
"Imagination is the only
reality."

Well I'm glad I got this discussion going! I like the idea of having a general gathering at the embarcadero fountain. SF is finally starting to feel like home to me. I love it here! I'm not sure what to think of the Haight. The Gap on Haight-Ashbury is disgusting, Overpriced "vintage" clothing, and you do see a lot of homeless teens and people strung out on drugs. It seems more like a run-down theme park than anything. But it still can be fun.

So, who shall organize the rendezvous?

ACK! I live in Mississippi but was JUST in San Francisco last week! (Aug. 5th-12th)...My mom is from there and my girlfriend is working there for the summer so I was visiting there...I wish I would've come to this forum earlier...we could've met up..oh well. I was in North Beach and found this record shop near a restaurant called The Mona Lisa...didn't catch the name tho. They had some good u2 stuff...I got the Pop double vinyl (Only cuz i didn't have it) and the Sunday Bloody Sunday vinyl...there were excellent bootlegs and stuff but I didn't have the money to get 'em. Oh well....ciao!
z

------------------
"Every artist is a cannibal
every poet is a thief
all kill their inspiration
just to sing about the grief"

Well well well....I'll finally be moving to san fran by the end of next week. hope to run into some of you! First stop, embarcadero!
smile.gif
Then maybe lunch at "Bono's Pizza".

sj

Roll Call....

Ok... lets start finding out everyone that is from the bay area...

Everyone reply if you live in the bay area, or if you know other u2 fans that do...

------------------
-Elvis
http://interference.com

Back
Top Bottom