Russian/Irish U2ers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello!

U.2.R.O.K said:
Hee Hee! I remember this thread now

I don't remember you ever visiting this thread,but I believe you're
Declan,am I right? ;) Dia duit agus ta failte romhat... Oh no,I won't shame myself with mo Gaeilge dona now,I'll leave that to Lazy :p ;) Anyway,you're welcome to have a great laugh here with us!
Just noticed most of you lot have your own special "trademark"
- MrBTH often says "ha!",Lazy scatters his famous "hehe" all over the forum ;) and now U.2.R.O.K enriched us with "Hee Hee"
a pretty interesting tendency!

Have a nice weekend,guys! :)

P.S. The lad on the pic's the spitting image of my uni friend Mitya.

Hope I'm not distracting you from the...worldcup;)

lazyboy said:

.........interesting..........almost..........captivating......
Hey!! Are you pretending to be an-cotuil,mo chara cleasach,or are
you ag tuisligh cause of the zapoj (now you know the word ;) ) ??

So! You never named your conditions, which makes the bet void, well.......depending on the conditions
Hmm :eyebrow: You're very inconsistent! :tongue:

I think I understand you......:sexywink:.....in a sense!
:D
I think I understand.....you keep thinking bout...SUMMER! :lol:

Last edited:
So I'm going out with this chick, she's obsessed with russian and irish culture....

yeah it's pretty weird.....actually I ran into this thread trying to find an old thread....found my name mentioned.....kind of odd, I remember talking to Aine a long long time ago.....thought written Gaelic was french......whoops

Your ego boost will be even bigger if I teach you a few important
phrases in Gaeilge so that when you meet another sophisticated
Russian lady you won't mix it with French :D
Although it may be a cool cocktail after all :)

I'm all for learning some gaelic......how do I say, "which way to the pub" or "wanna meet me for a drink"....key phrases I tell ya.....

EdgeVox said:
I'm all for learning some gaelic......how do I say, "which way to the pub" or "wanna meet me for a drink"....key phrases I tell ya.....

Guinness :tongue:

Gaelic speakers speak english anyway :D

EdgeVox said:
......how do I say, "which way to the pub" or "wanna meet me for a drink"....key phrases I tell ya.....
Saludo,como esta? :)
Are you sure you don't have a drop of Irish
blood in you,Edge? :D Ok,here goes:"An olfa deoch?" and the last one,I'd simply say:"Ca bhfuil teach tabhairne?" (sorry,I don't have fadas).Although I don't really think you need to know these to find a pub in Ireland ;).

Hey, what's going on,
sorry I haven't gotten a chance to reply.....been busy with work
as far as the irish question goes, my great grandmother was irish on my mother's side, her last name was Nolan-Henderson...and I also seem to have spanish bloodlines as well......so I'm kind of a mutt in terms of ethnicity, as far as I'm concerned I'm mexican......
"cuando quieras, vente a austin y nos juntamos para agarrar una peda tremenda".....I'm off to work...talk to you later

EdgeVox,great to hear from you,glad you fit this thread, you're welcome here with or without it anyway:) - and don't believe me when I'm pretending to be smarter than I am,:D it'll take me ages to understand what you wrote in Spanish.But I know these few Spanish lines by Leopoldo Lugones,something that goes to the
person very dear to me...

Al promediar la tarde aquel dia
Cuando iba mi habitual adios a darte
Fue una vaga congoja de dejarte
Lo que me hizo saber que te queria.

...Hope to see you later!

yay , for ME:laugh: :laugh: so i got a new jersey video bootleg of popmart and it sucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but i like it , so much fucked-up's by U2 , :dance: :dance: :rolleyes:

Wow, I'm yet again amazed at the longevity of this thread...! It's been so long since I've been around that it's a really pleasant surprise to come back and see it still around!! Unfortunately I'm such a lazy bastard now that my contribution is minimal (to say the least!!):rolleyes:
So heres the yearly progress report! hehe...! I'm now living in the lovely city of Galway, with some fantastic housemates... Doin the whole relationship thing now as well and gotta say it feels great! It's scorching hot here today (indian summer sky and all that!) and it's just good to be alive!!
I'm very impressed by the little bit of ES (demo version) that Ive heard and if the other two versions are as much better as people seem to be saying well... I think we have a hit! It's amazing here in Ireland... U2 are really now the unquestioned masters of their trade, I havent read criticism from any source since ATYCLB came out and the press is pretty good on Bono's crusading and all the rest. The hot rumour at the minute though is that U2 will be playing Croke Park in Dublin on their next tour... Apparently they were approached to be the first performers to play the new (and truly amazing 85,000 capacity) stadium but unfortunately they couldnt and it's gonna be fekkin Westlife (how? why :sick: )instead.... BUT, summer '04 is being mentioned and I have to say - forget Slane... Croker would be the ultimate venue for a U2 gig... I'd say they could get 100,000 in with people standing on the pitch... Got a pic attached here as well...
I heard this from a mate who knows a security guard at the stadium so god knows if it's true or not but it sounds pretty feasable (plus with the GAA (Gaelic Athletic Association) needing 3 million euros a year just to keep the place open I'd say theyll be up for any big money spinning concerts they can get their hands on!
But anyway, I should be out sunning myself instead of sitting in here typing away! A big hello to all the old buddies from the early days, Aine and Zoomerang II in particular - but everyone else as well! Someday I'll have the time to keep in touch properly (i'm really terrible at it in general, even with some of my best mates!). I had to ditch my old Hotmail address cos it was so full of junk, so now I'm on mrbth@o2.ie . So gimme a shout if youre ever in Galway (I'd recommend it to anybody!! :) )
All the best, folks!
BRIAN

Attachments

• croker.jpg
    croker.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 42
Hi Brian!!! :))

I can't believe my eyes! Is this MrBTH himself?!?D'you know you've
been missed here? HELLO! :) Hope to hear from you someday,my
addy's still the same - and congrats on the very belated birthday as well.I'm happy you're doing great,keep in touch (or at least try to :D),you're always welcome :).
Btw...I keep playing ES,I'm absolutely in love with it and I feel it's gonna be one of my most fave U2 songs ever which is a bit strange cause usually it takes me some time to say,"I can't live without that song",but there you go: I can't live a day without listening to it! Pure magic...:).

Until later :).

Ah, Anya mo chara... :happy:

Missed you too! And everybody else... Forgot to mention the elusive Peggy Whiteflag and Zooropamanda on my last visit! Hope theyre still around somewhere as well...

So I'm in work here being very bad cos I'm not supposed to be on the net!! I actually have an interview now at lunchtime for a new (hopefully higher paid!) job so wish me luck!! I'm also starting work in a really cool pub "The Living Room" here in Galway tomorrow which should be good craic!

I feel so left out on the ES subject! I have heard the BBC Demo version twice and thats it! I havent even heard it on the radio (actually listening to the radio would probably help!)... Just lookin forward to the single release now I guess (as well as some of the live tracks that they are giving us as well!)

Anyway, I'm paranoid about gettin caught here so I'll head on! See you later!
BRIAN :wave:

MrBTH said:
Ah, Anya mo chara... :happy:

Uh-oh,Gaeilge?!!? ;) And my Russian name?!?
sigh.gif

I too haven't heard from Peggy for a long time.The last thing I remember was the lovely "traditional" card I got from her from
Dallas and that was I believe in April,and then she disappeared
completely.
Hmmm,ES...Maybe you can download it? it's so good,it's a MUST
for one with good ear to say the least! (*points at Brian explaining the newcommers we've got our very own singer in here* ;)) I myself downloaded all three versions from u2world.com/links/ but I'm afraid it's not there anymore :(.But
I think you may find other sources via Yahoo or some other engine.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you till they're NUMB! :) What's the job if not a secret?
Bye for now,don't be gone for too long.

P.S.One day we'll all be sitting in your pub listening to you singing
if you're still into it!
hug.gif

- no proper smiley,anyway,this one's meant to show Russian/Irish
U2ers sitting in the pub with Guiness giving each other friendly hugs and singing great songs!

Last edited:
Started the new job this morning and indeed it is better paid and much more fun....! Out on my lunchbreak and gotta get back so I'll try posting properly later!

Still havent heard Electrical Storm!!

Bye....

BRIAN

Still checkin in now and again folks! Good to see we still have by far the longest running thread in here!!!:p You still around Anya? I'm back in uni in Dundee in Scotland again... Havin fun in general! Hope everyones well and sure I'll check back soon...!

Hi, Aine! :wave: I am from the US, but I have always been fascinated by Russia and I want to go to St. Petersburg!! Have you ever been to the palaces, or the Moika palace where Rasputin was killed? Do you frequent the Nevsky Prospect? I have always wanted to talk to someone who lives there!! If you ever have the time, PLEASE email me at:

u2kitten@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Michelle

Back
Top Bottom