Russian/Irish U2ers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Anie

My husband works away and had to travel New Years Day so we did not get to drunk at the New Year but when he comes home we are off to Dublin In Feb so we will party there instead. I have not been there since last November so I cant wait to get back and with a bit of luck I might see four nice Irish lads before they go to Miami(I should be so lucky) but anyway I know I will have a great time.

Yes,they've been to Moscow (Zoo TV era).I was
not a U2 fan at the time,unfortunately!
mad.gif

ochen horosho angel. Ya ne znioo ruuski yazik. I don't even know the original, let alone how to transliterate so i will immediately stop - your'e from victoria, bc. UVIC?

Where is everybody else? Have they gone to that great internet place in the sky?

Oh my...
eek.gif
... No,no,they haven't!!
smile.gif

No problem,Mazz,"Anie" sounds nice and very
close to my actual name in fact - BTW it seems like we were posting our last messages
at the same time!And I think we should go straight to Miami,shouldn't we
wink.gif
?
Hey ANGEL!Privet!Ca va bien? So you really speak Russian?Togda eto prosto ochen' zdorovo.Rasskazhi zhe skoree chto-nibud'o sebe!(Come on tell us something about yourself).

Slan go foill!
AINE

Zdrastye!!

Let's see... A little bit about me...
Well, yes I live in Victoria. Uvic? Yup. Graduated in '97 with a BA in Russian. Now I'm going to night school (Continuing Ed.) and am trying to pursue a career in PR, while working full-time for a Brokerage Firm. Blah, Blah, Blah. (Booooring- to talk about oneself).
Went to Russia for four months in '97. Fell in LOVE with St. Petersburg. Russia is like home to me, just as listening to U2 music...

I'll save more for later. Girl's got to have a little mystery!

How about you guys???

wink.gif

Comox?

How dreary...

So what brings someone from Comox to Australia and then to the UK???

Interesno.

Zdravstvuj-zdravstvuj!

Thanks for your kind words,Angel,they sound especially nice to me as I'm a Petersburgian
in the 3d generation.Where did you live in
St.Peter's? could it be ul.Korablestroiteley
wink.gif
?Have you been to any other Russian cities?

Michael,what you wrote looks more Finnish than Russian I must say - I mean those "uu"
and "oo"...!
wink.gif

Oh well,now I'd better be back to watching
"The Informer",so

Bye!
AINE

P.S.And it's great to make post#100!!!

Hello folks and welcome all you new people! Good to see that the resurrection has been successful! Unfortunately I'm really ill at the moment - a severe throat infection... I can't actually speak which is a bit ridiculous for me! So I'm going to bed now in the hope that I'll wake up tomorrow and everything will be all right!
Bye!

Hello everyone! I was reading your thread and something Whiteflag said caught my eye. I am American but can claim at least a little bit of Irish blood through my maternal grandfather's side of the family, and their name is...Shannon!

Whiteflag: do you think we could be related?

Sorry, but I don't have any Russian connection...hope you won't throw me out!

Angel - not the food.
As for comox, dreary is probably a bit unkind, bit it certainly is out there in smalltownville.

Aine obviously i didn't head east enough - Maybe finland is my true calling?
I always thought though that the Finns sounded like they had gravel stuck in their throats. I knew this finnish guy back in australia that I played golf with once, called Jackie Paakonnen (actually I don't really know his first name). He is absolutely mad and smokes like a chimney and absolutely no one could understand him - which is about equivelent to my Russian ability obviously
smile.gif

Brian ? put some eucalyptus oil in a bowl of water and stick your head over it under a towel. You will be better in no time!
Otherwise Diflam is a good option.

Looks like some caring virtual family!

Okay,one more piece of advice then...

Brian,your next step after inhaling eucalyptus must be strong tea with homemade raspberry jam as it's really a magic remedy for sore throat (and delicious as well!),and you already know about hot milk with honey.
smile.gif

I'm sure you are much better now!

Kyra,of course you are welcome,especially as
you're Whiteflag's relative!
wink.gif
I actually believe that Irishness is kind of "state of one's soul",as well as being Russian,though I
may be mistaken.

Michael,you should watch "The Disappearance of Finbar" before you make up your mind on
Finland.

Peace and love to you all,
AINE

Hello again everyone!

First of all, my comment on Comox was not meant to be unkind. I apologize...
frown.gif

So how is everyone? I feel I need to read back a bit to get to know you all. ANy word yet as to when U2 are coming to your part of the world?? If I may... gush a bit... I am quite excited about their upcoming tour. I have GA Floor tickets for their Vancouver, April 13th show. So I can you fill you all in on the details if you like after the fact. I am staying at a hotel where U2 has stayed before (in '92) and am hoping that they will be staying there this time round. It would very exciting to bump into them in the foyer!

Anyway, we'll chat again soon.

Take Care!

------------------
"She's gonna dream up the world she wants to live in...
She's gonna dream out loud...."

I haven't left, in fact this is a good location to celebrate my 200th post, although its been a long haul over 9 months...

so what's news with everyone? Sorry angel i didn't get around to replying to that last post of yours but absolutely no offence taken
smile.gif

Is anyone here going to any of the european concerts?

Hey guys! How is everyone? Well, if you are asking... I am ok. I had quite the crazy weekend. One word: Slane. Did you guys hear about the fiasco?
Anyways... this leads me to a HUGE favour that I have to ask you all... First of all: are any of you European Propaganda subscribers? Secondly: if you are, would you possibly be able to order me one ticket through Porpaganda for u2 at Slane? As you know the concert is completely sold out. It sold out in less than two hours and so many people (like myslef) tried endlessly to get tickets. I will be in Ireland this summer no matter what, so my search for a ticket has not ended. This is where you guys come into play. I am an honourbale, trustworthy person. If you do this for me, you will most definately get payment from me. I will even offer more to make ot worth your while. I am so desperate... so if you are willing... please email ASAP at:

c_kuzyk@yahoo.ca

Cheers all!
Hope all your dreams come true....

Welcome Miss MacPhisto,
I think you fit this thread perfectly.
So you're a "Babyface"?I've been wondering for some time as to what this status actually means and how I can become one too!
Where do you live in the US?

Angel,sorry,I'm of no help to you
frown.gif
- but
well,two of my US friends failed to get tickets to U2's US concerts - they said it was quite a disaster - so at least you're not alone in this situation...

Michael,you had some thoughts about Finland,
is there still a chance?

And Alexander,no,I wouldn't say I hate the
capital,though I definitely prefer St.Peter's
in most respects...I have a very little experience in living in Moscow compared to
that of yours!
wink.gif

LOL

Hey there... Well currently I live in the Los Angeles California area.But I'm hoping to move soon. Not sure as to where yet,though.
frown.gif
As you can see,I'm brand new to this forum, so I dont know exacly how things work around here just yet...but I'm learning. Ha. I am a TRUE U2 fan,however.NOT a pretender,you'll be glad to know.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 03-13-2001).]

Priiiiivet everybody
Aine, there is a very high probability of me being in finland sometime this year. Are you going there? Just have to work out my european movements re: Elevation
smile.gif

Brian and others if you are anywhere it would be good to meet at slane. Angel if you haven't got anywhre in the next few weeks, then it is probably worth posting here again. Good luck!

Originally posted by zoomerang II:
Priiiiivet everybody

I see the parrot was a superb teacher.
wink.gif

Well,I don't know about Finland,surely,
nothing compares 2 U2,but I'm not the one to
talk about any long-term plans with as you know.
Hey,and I wish you good luck in trying to
catch Mr.Architect at Slane,though I personally doubt you'll succeed,cos he's too
elusive
smile.gif
(see the earlier posts).I suspect
you both are colleagues and work for the same
organization!

Hi,Miss MacPhisto.

Hi Aine...How's it goin' ? I do speak a few words of both Russian and Irish,by the way,but I'm dying to learn more and hope to take some language courses this summer. It's easy to learn to speak Italian,French,Chinese or Spanish where i live,but I dont know of any that'll teach you Irish and few that teach Russian. It's also usually really expensive. But I'm gonna try,anyway...

Hello again folks...!
Hope everyone is doing well and feeling good...! I know I am! I got my slane tickets in the post yesterday, and I think I may have finally shaken off the illness which has been plagueing me for the last year or so... That throat infection I had back in january turned out to be a little bit of a relapse of the meningitis infection I had last spring... I was basically levelled again with no energy etc. etc. (though I did make it to the Astoria gig hehe!!)... So things have been a bit messed up and I'm in trouble on my course and all sorts of crap, and yet I'm still feeling better now than I've felt in a long time!!
And I'd love to meet up with some folks at slane! Did you get tickets Zoomerang??
Ah, I'm at work now so I have to go...
Does anybody have messenger, cos I'd love to chat properly to some of you folk... my address is mrbth@hotmail.com so get in touch if you want OK!!

Yep, I did manage by sheer fluke to get tickets to Slane. I need to talk to you about where to stay around there and how to get to the show. I can't wait - also going to a couple of others.
Meningitis is no good at all - especially bacterial. Hope you are completely over it!

Back
Top Bottom