Over 35 U2 Lovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm glad to make your day positive. I believe that it is many a person who grumbles, but one who remains positive. Peace!

37 here... and a U2 fan since about 1983/1984. Whether or not I'm 'ridiculous' about the band depends on who you ask about me. :giggle: I don't care, though - everybody has a passion (or should); mine just happens to be 4 mates from Dublin. :heart:

Hi! I'm way over 35. I've been a fan since the early 80's, when my sister introduced them to me. I fell by the wayside somewhere around 1985 (too busy with a new baby to follow or listen to anything!) then I went thru my "born again" period and only listened to Christian music. My daughter discovered U2 in a religion class and got me hooked again!

37, creeping up on 38, been a U2 fan longer than 1/2 this board has been alive, it seems. :)

First time I saw them was JT tour, May 1987, I was 16. UF was the first album I ever bought on cassette. I used to listen to the band on college radio (WFUV) when I was 11 or so.....

*Joins the thread*

Btw, 40's are the new 30's.:applaud:

I think.

:hi5:

Okay, first heard I Will Follow via a friends brother when I was about 14 (we were having a :nerd: Duran Duran gushfest at my friends house) and it just blew me away - kept my delight to my self though as DD fans were not supposed to be U2 fans :lol:

Red Rocks DVD and Unforgettable Fire exploded the fan-girlyness in me in a massive way. Didn't manage to see them live until Lovetown, by which stage I was a bonofied ( :D ) U2 loonatic :wink: which most of my friends tolerated then (and still do today :) )

Then fan-girlyness slowed down somewhat after the birth of my daughter and then almost ground to a halt when my twinnies came along (didn't have time to scratch myself let alone wonder what the lads were up to) - although kept my head enough to squeeze in Zoo TV and Popmart (so I hadn't totally abandoned them :) )

Managed to keep a lid on my U2 lunacy during ATYCLB but Vertigo Tour saw the lid come off and I couldn't give a whahootyfandango about stuffing it back in the box! U2 lunacy makes me happy with a capital H

:wave:

i am 35. the coolest thing about being an older fan is that we saw it all happen first hand. we know what it´s like to buy the new u2 RECORD and not just download everything. we saw the concerts that younger fans wish they´d seen. we have collections of memorabilia dating back to the early 80´s. we roamed the earth looking for expensive rare 7 inches and bootleg vinyls containing obscure versions of songs that one can now download for free in about 2 minutes. what we don´t have that 19 year olds have is time to sit back and enjoy it all.

A memorable part of being a U2 fan in the 80's and the 90's was going to the midnight releases of Joshua Tree in high school and Achtung Baby in college. And those albums lived up to all the expectations! And while everything about being in my 30's is awesome, the best part is being able to afford those expensive U2 concert tix :)

Hey 35ivers!

Hi everyone! Happy New Year! I hope it will be a very happy new year for all of us! I have not been on here for awhile as I've been in school (passed), working (LPN) and taking care of my business. Anyway,I will be checking in and out now that I'm on a break from school. As always, I love this site and can never get enough of coming on here and seeing the pictures, and going through the threads. I've got to run now but I will be on later. Peace!:wave:

Happy New Year! :wave:

<---- = 47

(is there a different thread for "over 45 U2 Lovers" or is everyone just here? :reject: )

A memorable part of being a U2 fan in the 80's and the 90's was going to the midnight releases of Joshua Tree in high school and Achtung Baby in college. And those albums lived up to all the expectations! And while everything about being in my 30's is awesome, the best part is being able to afford those expensive U2 concert tix :)

I'm with you about the tickets (and flights!). Plus having a stack of singles on 7" & 12" is great too - although haven't had anything to play them on for a while..

Hi I've been a u2 fan for a very long time, for more than half my life which is a weird thought! I've got records , singles and tapes of u2. And I still have all my propaganda magazine as well! Just wished I had brought the limited addition coloured singles from the 80s !

Been a fan since I saw U2 on "the old grey whistle test" yes I'm that old!!!! Love them as much now as I did then, age hasn't changed anything. Went to 5 concerts in Europe this summer and 5 last summer. The only thing that has changed is that my husband is finally understanding why I love the band so much. After years hating them he is starting to like them too!!!
I still have all my propaganda magazines and so many vinyl records, then to cassette and then to CD. Downloading isn't the same. I was so excited when I went to my local record store and came out with a copy of WAIE. That excitment has never gone away. I hope it never does...

magsteru2 said:
Been a fan since I saw U2 on "the old grey whistle test" yes I'm that old!!!! Love them as much now as I did then, age hasn't changed anything. Went to 5 concerts in Europe this summer and 5 last summer. The only thing that has changed is that my husband is finally understanding why I love the band so much. After years hating them he is starting to like them too!!!
I still have all my propaganda magazines and so many vinyl records, then to cassette and then to CD. Downloading isn't the same. I was so excited when I went to my local record store and came out with a copy of WAIE. That excitment has never gone away. I hope it never does...

There is some thing special about records, which CDs just cant capture, although I do like the books which come with some of the special editions!
I was lucky to get hold of WAIE, and it was as exciting as before! I'm been to Dublin and Paris and twice to wembley with this tour. Some people don't understand why I go to so many concerts, but each one is so different, would go again if I could!!!

I guess the nice thing is that as u get older I don't really care so much what others think , especially when it comes to u2 concerts!

There is some thing special about records, which CDs just cant capture, although I do like the books which come with some of the special editions!
I was lucky to get hold of WAIE, and it was as exciting as before! I'm been to Dublin and Paris and twice to wembley with this tour. Some people don't understand why I go to so many concerts, but each one is so different, would go again if I could!!!
I was at both Wembleys also, I'm so hoping for a UK/ Ireland date at the end of this tour. If they wait another 4 years I'll be there with a zimmer frame!!!!

I'm with you about the tickets (and flights!). Plus having a stack of singles on 7" & 12" is great too - although haven't had anything to play them on for a while..
Agree with you about being able to afford to actually go to concerts now I'm older and earn more money!!!! Couldn't always afford it years ago. Availability of tickets is also easier now with the internet and presales and all that..:lol:

Back
Top Bottom