NYC St. Patrick's Day Thread, Part Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes - I'm just slow today :reject: - too much junk food!!

I didn't even notice the costume - I thought you were just showing me a pic of her. :duncecap:

snowbunny00774 said:
Oh I will - my mom wants video from my camera from while I am in the Parade, otherwise she said she'll just think I posed and lied.

Honestly - I'm marching with nuns, and she thinks I'd lie :angel:

I'll be surprised if I don't burst into flames :lol:

I think I might go up to Pearl River the next day with photos from the night before and be all, "Hey, Sister! See that one marching next to you? Yeah, look - this was her only 12 hours ago!...Yup....I have no idea how 'that' got in 'there', in fact, I'm not even sure what 'that' even is. All I know is I didn't believe her when she said she could do that, don't I look the fool, hey Sister? Anyway, I was hoping maybe you could ask God for me. He's probably the only one that would know."

UberBeaver said:

I think I might go up to Pearl River the next day with photos from the night before and be all, "Hey, Sister! See that one marching next to you? Yeah, look - this was her only 12 hours ago!...Yup....I have no idea how 'that' got in 'there', in fact, I'm not even sure what 'that' even is. All I know is I didn't believe her when she said she could do that, don't I look the fool, hey Sister? Anyway, I was hoping maybe you could ask God for me. He's probably the only one that would know."

:lmao: mmmm Pearl River is in a different country, far far away. All the nuns there wear blinders, they can't see anything, showing pictures would be pointless. :pray:

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
pearl river's right on the new york/new jersey border... my question, of course, is why in the hell are you going there and how in the hell did you get hooked up in all this?

Clearly God told her to do it. Would you pass up an opportunity to March with nuns? That's 19 points on the St. Peter's Entry To Heaven Exam.

i'm lucky i'll be able to move sunday... and besides, i'll likely have practice after lunch sunday sometime. that'll be a fun experience... ugh

Is it just me, or are there few experiences more ... not depressing, but....surreal than that train ride from Penn Station to Long Island on a Sunday morning with a hangover. There's some hard core blue collar poetry in that. Where's Billy?

Last edited:
UberBeaver said:

Is it just me, or are there few experiences more ... not depressing, but....surreal than that train ride from Penn Station to Long Island on a Sunday morning with a hangover. There's some hard core blue collar poetry in that. Where's Bruce?

come on... that's a billy joel song. it would be a bruce song if it was on new jersey transit.

UberBeaver said:

Is it just me, or are there few experiences more ... not depressing, but....surreal than that train ride from Penn Station to Long Island on a Sunday morning with a hangover. There's some hard core blue collar poetry in that. Where's Billy?

I've done that!!! - yeah, it was weird.

11 days, 11 hours, 14 minutes, 5 seconds :hyper:

pearl river's right on the new york/new jersey border... my question, of course, is why in the hell are you going there and how in the hell did you get hooked up in all this?

P - who is coming with me, has some relatives there. When they heard we were coming to NYC they wanted us to visit them too. Then her aunt called on Saturday night and I guess she always marches in the parade with the nuns (they have friends who are nuns) and invited us to as well. lol - I still can't stop laughing!! It's going to be rough but we're troopers - we'll do it :lmao:

The_Flying_Nun.jpg

i'm lucky i'll be able to move sunday... and besides, i'll likely have practice after lunch sunday sometime. that'll be a fun experience... ugh

Same here - well, not the having practice part. :lol:

DaveC said:
I just got back from picking up my passport :hyper:

Yay! :up:

UberBeaver said:

So you prefer a "Bruce" to a "BJ"? Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just asking.

:hmm: :lol:

snowbunny00774 said:

I've done that!!! - yeah, it was weird.

11 days, 11 hours, 14 minutes, 5 seconds :hyper:

:drool:

Anyone want to go out early that morning of St Patricks Day......Tir Na Nog on 33rd by MSG is the place.....Kegs and Eggs before the oldest and biggest St Pat's Parade....Also, a stop at Stout Bar on 32nd - also a great place.....I will be at Tir Na Nog around 10a and then playing in the parade around 1:30p.....anyone up for it

I am marching in the NYC Parade on Sat with the pipe band I play with and then on Sunday in the Newark, NJ parade, it is going to be a tough few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom