NYC March 2-6 / Anyone score tickets to Letterman?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^what question did they ask you?

Congratulations hope you have a blast! :applaud:

they asked what rupert jee's establishment was. i was actually very lucky. i got a call while i was in class, so i couldn't answer. saw i had a voicemail from an NY phone number, and the woman told me just to call her back asap... lucked out they just didn't move on.

going Thursday! is there going to be a fan/friend meet-up of any kind? I recognize lots of people from here who I know who are going.

I think if I don't get a call by the weekend I am going to go on the site and complain about why people across the country get calls, but not people who live in Jersey and New York. That makes me so mad

if people are looking for hotel rooms, you might want to check out this place

Bestwestern.com, the World's Largest Hotel Chain

it's a brand new hotel with free breakfast, internet, and flat screen tvs. they are having a special through april where if you use the promotion code travelzoo you can stay there for 89 per night, which is like 100 dollars off the normal rate. it looks like it is about 4 miles away from letterman, and it looks like it's right by the subway. not a bad deal.

you can use this link to book

Bestwestern.com, the World's Largest Hotel Chain

and make sure to use the promotion code travelzoo

i never watch the show, just got lucky that i sort of knew that in the background of my mind and associate NY with delis. phew.

I put my name in and asked my friend to do the same for me... of course he wins, but is going to take his wife instead. he lives in Boston, and both of them barely like U2... he knows I'm a die hard and live in NYC... and he only entered because I asked him too....

He is on my "to kill" list.

I live near Boston. Tell me his name and I'll hunt him down and steal his tickets. :lol:

Did u have have it changed by phone or at the studio? Thanks!

I was told it has to be done by phone. they were very, very strict on this. They wanted spelling of names exactly as it appears on the DL.

By the way, I have a question. I was told to get in line and eventually tell the line dude who's list I was on. Has anyone been told about a particular color? anyoen know what the color means?

Lists are the intern lists. Everyone gets in the studio. It's just pretty much first come first serve on where you sit. You have to change the name by phone.

SMB

Shawn, since you seem to have the most Letterman experience here, question:

Is it true that when they ask you to show up at a certain time (between 4:30 and 5:30 for the 7pm taping) that they will hand you tickets and ask you to return at 6:15? Can you wait in line if you want to and is there any advantage to being there early?

Back
Top Bottom