New York St. Patrick's Day Gathering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RedrocksU2 said:
:lol:

To get out of the CT list, put me in for Probably status.

you'll stay in your current status until we get a confirmed In, thank you very much :mad:

ya said yes in the other thread, now it's a maybe, then a probably... cock tease :madspit::wink:

as we get closer we'll have to add more "events" to the list for those coming in earlier in the week... i think most are coming in on friday, am i right?

Mr. BAW said:
I want to visit Kramerica and Vandelay Industries...:der:

I would really love to do the Sopranos tour, the Kramer tour, maybe swim in the East River and walk in Central Park....:up:

Oooh. I saw the old Soup nazi place when I was there 2 years ago. It had closed. :sad:

Sopranos tour. :drool:

You'll have to tell me how that is, if you guys go. I'll have just enough for booze once I'm there. (And maybe Sephora - Char, I'm looking at you - the American half of Ewbby can come, too :sexywink: )

My first Guinness is on Shannon, though. :flirt:

Mr. BAW said:
I want to visit Kramerica and Vandelay Industries...:der:

I would really love to do the Sopranos tour, the Kramer tour, maybe swim in the East River and walk in Central Park....:up:

:lol: you edited this

I wanna jog through central park :drool:

Question to New Yorkers...

In Manhattan, what is the street that divides the east from the west...for example; E. 54 Street becomes W. 54th Street at which north/south cross-street????..The West Coast bias needs to know....:thankyou:

I've got a thousand questions but that's good.....

"Gangs of New York" was based upon the Irish immigrants coming to 5 Points in Lower Manhattan; yada, yada, yada....can any New Yorkers tell me if there is any type of landmark or other significant sight-seeing deal connected to this place? secondly, what streets consist of 5 Points and do they still exist....?

Mr. BAW said:

"Gangs of New York" was based upon the Irish immigrants coming to 5 Points in Lower Manhattan; yada, yada, yada....can any New Yorkers tell me if there is any type of landmark or other significant sight-seeing deal connected to this place? secondly, what streets consist of 5 Points and do they still exist....?

I can answer this one! I went on a bus tour and there was an old bathhouse (teeeeeeeny tiny) that still stands from that period. The tour guide told us of all the fights that broke out, murders and such that occured. I wish I remembered the exact location, butit could very well be at the five points.

Ok, I found this:

http://www.bigonion.com/description/index.html

Hope that helps. :)

I :heart: NY.

Mr. BAW said:

I think if you find Columbus Park, the 5 points was over there. It's downtown, north of the Brooklyn Bridge (which you should walk over, depending on the weather). I don't know if anything is there other than the aforementioned toilet. I'd be surprised if the actual streets are still there.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

...(And maybe Sephora - Char, I'm looking at you - the American half of Ewbby can come, too :sexywink: )

I'll have it known that the Scottish half of Ewbby was in there last week by himself! :madspit: :wink: I even ventured into that Goodbye Kitty store. Survived the spoilt brats in there to tell the tale too. Of course it was a special someone's birthday that weekend.

paradise square, the small park which is featured so much in the movie gangs of new york and the "intersection" of the 5 points, was located at the southwest corner of what is now columbus park... just north of (ironicly enough) the local and federal government buildings, in between the entrances of the manhattan bridge (the one u2 went over in the all because of you video) and the brooklyn bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom