Nebraska

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vertigo Leap

Babyface
C'mon...the Nebraskans should be coming out of the woodwork, since there a tour rumors of them coming to Omaha.

Idiots Out Wandering Around are acceptable to answer to this post :lol: :wink: :macdevil:

Hey, I am not from Nebraska but I live here now. I am Canadian but moved to Lincoln about 2 months ago.

I have been a huge U2 fan for a long time. I hope they are coming to Omaha on the tour!

Robert

NebraskaU2 said:
Hey, I am not from Nebraska but I live here now. I am Canadian but moved to Lincoln about 2 months ago.

I have been a huge U2 fan for a long time. I hope they are coming to Omaha on the tour!

Robert

ME TOO! An Omaha show would be FANTASTIC!

By the way, I'm coming to Omaha for the album release! I plan to hit a pub for a bit before going to get the album. So exciting!

If they don't come to Omaha there is still Colorado, which I am sure they will hit.

I don't think Elevation came through Omaha which makes me think that they may skip it again.

Robert

I like to add in the Warren Buffet factor when thinking about them playing Omaha this time around.

I haven't lived in Lincoln for very long but my initial impression is that it is a nice town/city with very friendly people who are extremely crazy about University football.

Doesn't seem to be many U2 fans here though!:confused:

Omaha!!

I can't even describe how happy I am that I found this post!
I've been living in Omaha since last August, moved here from Milwaukee, WI. Contact me!!!

jenny138@yahoo.com or AIM QueenJennythe8th

NebraskaU2 said:
I haven't lived in Lincoln for very long but my initial impression is that it is a nice town/city with very friendly people who are extremely crazy about University football.

Doesn't seem to be many U2 fans here though!:confused:

If Vertigo Leap ever decides to look at her own thread again, you'll find she's a huge fan in Lincoln most of the time!

And too right about the football games....Bono thought it was a big concert or something didn't he?

Listening party

So I've been hearing about a new album listening party at Club Patrick in Omaha...anyone have any info about that?

Eep, my fiance teaches at Wilson Jr. high in Council Bluffs. Whereabouts in IA are you?

Re: Listening party

MissMacP said:
So I've been hearing about a new album listening party at Club Patrick in Omaha...anyone have any info about that?

Eep, my fiance teaches at Wilson Jr. high in Council Bluffs. Whereabouts in IA are you?

I think there's a few parties going on there. I wonder what the best one would be to go to? That or we can just hop from one to the next..... :dance:

I'm about an hour north in Sioux City.

The River is giving away U2 tix, I don't know where the show is though. You have to be caller number 10 when they say so, then you have to win the drawing at the listening party. I tried calling once but no luck. :sad:

MissMacP said:
The River is giving away U2 tix, I don't know where the show is though. You have to be caller number 10 when they say so, then you have to win the drawing at the listening party. I tried calling once but no luck. :sad:

:shocked: Find out more?

I will try to find out more. I listen to retro 106.9 more than the River, but I'll check out the website.

I think we should have an Omaha area meetup! I knew there had to be some U2 fans around here somewhere! I've gone to meetup.com but there don't seem to ever be enough people there to meet up.

MissMacP said:

I think we should have an Omaha area meetup! I knew there had to be some U2 fans around here somewhere! I've gone to meetup.com but there don't seem to ever be enough people there to meet up.

I'm up for that. Say....the 22nd...around 10pm?

Check your email....

Sounds good to me!! I found out more info about the listening party @ Club Patrick on 114th and Dodge. It's on Nov. 22 from 6-8pm. Unfortunately I have a class that night at 6, and it's a final exam. I'm hoping it doesn't go more than an hour or so.

Checking email now!

Not to get off topic here but does anyone else think that this album is absolutely amazing??

This is the strongest album from start to finish that they have released since at least Achtung Baby but probably The Joshua Tree. They really weren't bullshitting when they said that this is their best work!

Don't get me wrong, ATYCLB is a great piece of work but the second half of the album is kind of dull (good tunes but dull). This album has more soul! I am very excited about this tour!

Robert

NebraskaU2 said:
Not to get off topic here but does anyone else think that this album is absolutely amazing??

This is the strongest album from start to finish that they have released since at least Achtung Baby but probably The Joshua Tree. They really weren't bullshitting when they said that this is their best work!

Don't get me wrong, ATYCLB is a great piece of work but the second half of the album is kind of dull (good tunes but dull). This album has more soul! I am very excited about this tour!

Robert

I wouldn't say "dull." The word "contemporary" would be more appropriate. ATYCLB should have won Best Album of the Year at the Grammies. It had four songs that won individual grammies, and the other songs are amazing, like Kite, Peace on Earth and When I Look At the World. I haven't heard the Bomb. If it is better than ATYCLB, I am going to be floored...

So I'm still working on finding out information on where the best place to get the album is. My friend told me he's working for a radio station and they're going to be at Homers (not the Old Market one). I kind of want to go there to see if he can get me anything cool.

Anyone else have ideas?

MissMacP said:
There's a Homer's on 132nd that will be open at midnight for the HTDAAB release.

That's the one! I want to go there!

.....But any other place having something cool with the release?

lived all but the last four years of my life in Nebraska.

I think the Buffet relationship could play a role in a Qwest Center concert.

It boils down to who negotiates the tour.

If Clear Channel is the prime negotiator in this tour, who is the Omaha Clear Channel connection these days? (do they play well with the new arena).

U2 did the ZOO-TV tour in Ames Iowa * Kansas City.
(the earlier indoor tour was in Minneapolis).

The POP MART tour was in Kansas City (they shot the video Last Night On Earth the next day...incorporating Lawerence KS author William Burroughs into the shoot).

I'd come back to Omaha to see U2 play there! Here's hoping for the best for all of you.

menzies

Back
Top Bottom