MERGED ----> June 14th: Cleveland Fan Celebration + Press Release + Show Of Hands...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
'xactly!!! ::hands Elizabeth a Guinness:: (you ARE Elizabeth, right?? lol)

jump.gif

Hi Everyone, It looks like the U2 GTA is going to be staying at the Holiday Inn Select. If you, or your party are interested in staying there then you should call. They were kind enough to put a block of rooms aside for us, and will likely do the same for you. The information is as follows:

Just ask for 'sales' and let them know that you are coming for the u2 celebration. This rate is only available for a group rate.

Thanks, see you all in Clevleand!

Holiday Inn Select
1111 Lakeside Ave. Cleveland, OH 44114
(216)241-5100
Located 1 block from the RNRHOF, and 6 blocks from the HRC.
Nightly rate $79.00, Parking $14.00 (Non negotiable, sorry), includes
in/out privilages. Taxes 14.5%

Yeah there are a lot of people staying at the Holiday Inn Select, and several at the Hyatt as well. The Hyatt is running a special online rate of $74/night, the details of which is all on my website that I posted somewhere in this thread I think.

For the nights of June 13th-15th, I have blocked off some rooms at the Holiday Inn Select for Midwesterners, LAers, and U2Wire people as well. We are booking under the name "Lypton Village." :sexywink: This is seperate from the U2GTA group, because the Torontonians get first dibs on those, but ultimately it doesn't really matter what group you stay with. Everyone's just fantastic!

All the details for all of the hotels and everything else is at the Cleveland II website!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Last edited:
Wow this is going to be sooo much fun!! I know Katelyn and I live in/near Cleveland, but because it would just be easier for us...no worries about oh am gonna have the car or who's driving/needs a ride...ya know? We are gonna get a room. I haven't booked yet, but it will most likely be at the Holiday Inn select, because it seems like a lot of people will be staying there. Plus the GTAers are gonna be there...i've posted there a couple of times and you guys seem like you'd be a lot of fun to hang with :wink: I think our theme song for that weekend should be OUT OF CONTROL! I plan on possibly bringing a cd player and some U2 cd's and LOTS of beverages(possibly even a Vodka Watermelon a la Jamie Oliver...if they have watermelons by then...lol)...hehe:sexywink: Hope to see you all there!

Lori :mac:

Oh yeah I almost forgot...if anyone wants to we have room for one, *possibly* two more people in our room :) I'm not sure about our third person...she may have to work...if that's the case we'll have room for two.

LoriHewson said:
Wow this is going to be sooo much fun!! I know Katelyn and I live in/near Cleveland, but because it would just be easier for us...no worries about oh am gonna have the car or who's driving/needs a ride...ya know? We are gonna get a room. I haven't booked yet, but it will most likely be at the Holiday Inn select, because it seems like a lot of people will be staying there. Plus the GTAers are gonna be there...i've posted there a couple of times and you guys seem like you'd be a lot of fun to hang with :wink: I think our theme song for that weekend should be OUT OF CONTROL! I plan on possibly bringing a cd player and some U2 cd's and LOTS of beverages(possibly even a Vodka Watermelon a la Jamie Oliver...if they have watermelons by then...lol)...hehe:sexywink: Hope to see you all there!

Oh yeah I almost forgot...if anyone wants to we have room for one, *possibly* two more people in our room :) I'm not sure about our third person...she may have to work...if that's the case we'll have room for two.

OMG I LOVE Jamie Oliver!! I had no idea anyone else in this country even knew who he was! I have his DVD. LMAO!

What is this Vodka Watermelon thing?? Will you make one for me?? And do you have a tape of Jamie making it? <g>

I SO :heart: Jamie. ::swoons::

OK. OMG we SOOO gotta do this. <g>

Courtesy of: Naked Chef
Episode: Bender's Birthday Barbie
Host: Jamie Oliver Print This Recipe

Watermelon Vodka
Yield: 15

Ingredients:

Watermelon Vodka

1 large ripe watermelon
1 bottle vodka or 1 bottle champagne

Directions:

Watermelon Vodka
Simply cut a hole in the top of the melon, wide and deep enough to insert a funnel.

Pour some of your chosen alcohol into the melon through the funnel, leave to sit for a day and pour in some more.

The flesh will absorb the liquid, so pour in some more the next day?basically until it becomes saturated.

When ready to serve, slice up into nice big pieces and get all your mates plastered on it!

I know don't you just LOVE Jamie :drool: !!!

I will so make the Vodka watermelon if they have watermelons in the store in June...hmmm... maybe I should make a couple...what do you think!?!

Oh you have his DVD Dot? I've been wanting to get it, but haven't got the chance/money to do so yet! Which one is it? I know he has a couple I believe, but I couldn't find them here. My friend was gonna send my one from London, but I don't have a region free dvd player :( Wow and I thought I was the only Jamie fan here...hehe ;)

LoriHewson said:
I know don't you just LOVE Jamie :drool: !!!

I will so make the Vodka watermelon if they have watermelons in the store in June...hmmm... maybe I should make a couple...what do you think!?!

Oh you have his DVD Dot? I've been wanting to get it, but haven't got the chance/money to do so yet! Which one is it? I know he has a couple I believe, but I couldn't find them here. My friend was gonna send my one from London, but I don't have a region free dvd player :( Wow and I thought I was the only Jamie fan here...hehe ;)

I know, LMAO. Me too!! Now there is officially two of us. :yes:
:tongue:

I have the Happy Days Tour DVD. He has other ones?? I want those too now. <g> That was the only one I knew about so that's what I asked for, lol.

And uh....watermelons are pretty big, so I think one will do, lol. One should be PLENTY, lmao. Well...depending on how smashed you wanna get I guess, lol!

dot.

watermelon....lol i'm only there for the Guinness...and the fun drinks made with Guinness= car bombs and black velvets. :yes:

you can all have fun with the watermelon.

that just means more Guinness for me. hehe

~Katelyn

LOL Katelyn! Guinness for me too, but not 'till AFTER the watermelon...liquor before beer! ::nods::

Hey Lori, how about one of both? One champagne watermelon and one vodka?

lol good plan....liquor before beer! :yes:

i think Lori and I are planning on bringing lots of Guinness..er at least I am! so i suppose i can share... hehe

maybe.

~Katelyn

Yeah Dot someone was telling me he had other DVD's but they are European, so they are a different region and won't play on my DVD player :(

lol...the only reason I said 2 watermelons is because it's early in the seanson then, and they may not be too big yet :) Hmmm...both kinds of watermelon sound good...i'm going to go price all the beverages next week...so I know how much I have to save up...haha!

Guinness...woo hoo...i'm more of a liquor girl though...hehe...that didn't sound too good did it!?! ;)

Lori:mac:

PaleBlueDot said:
LOL Katelyn! Guinness for me too, but not 'till AFTER the watermelon...liquor before beer! ::nods::

Hey Lori, how about one of both? One champagne watermelon and one vodka?

hehe..i've never had a problem mixing stuff before...lol. I guess it's the beauty of being Irish and Germam :lmao:...j/k ;)

Dot, why don't you and your friends just stay at the HI Select? There's still room and I guarantee that's where the best parties will be :)

C'mon, June!!!!

m0pha

Hmmh-sounds like alot of fun! I am planning on taking the time off to go up! Yowza-get to see Exit, too? Alright! This will be...It! Yeah! U2 n' Cleveland here I come...!

AliEnvy said:
Dot, why don't you and your friends just stay at the HI Select? There's still room and I guarantee that's where the best parties will be :)

C'mon, June!!!!

m0pha

Sounds good to me :) I can't wait to party with the GTAers :wave:

LoriHewson said:

Sounds good to me :) I can't wait to party with the GTAers :wave:

hehehe...hi Lori! I'm a GTAer...our reputation seems to preceed us lol. Were you in Cleveland in Feb?

m0phAA
OUT OF CONTROL

AliEnvy said:

hehehe...hi Lori! I'm a GTAer...our reputation seems to preceed us lol. Were you in Cleveland in Feb?

m0phAA
OUT OF CONTROL

yep I was in Cleveland in February and had great time :eek:) Didn't get to meet many of the other fans though...so i'm looking forward do doing so this time! Even though I live in a western suburb of Cleveland, i'm gonna stay at the HI Select... that way I don't have to worry about getting home...hehe ;) I've posted a couple of time on GTA...and from what I've read, you all sound like a great group of people I can't wait to meet...and i'm dying to see Elevation (Canada), i've heard nothing but good things...well except for Brady's jacket...hehe :)

AliEnvy said:

C'mon, June!!!!

m0pha

Because a lot of us have already made our reservations and we can't change them. It's a better deal, anyway.

Official RNRHOF Press Release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME AND MUSEUM AND ATU2.COM PRESENT A U2 FAN CELEBRATION

Fan celebration marks opening of new section of U2 exhibit

CLEVELAND (May 1, 2003) ? The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum and atu2.com will host a U2 Fan Celebration at the Museum on Saturday, June 14. The celebration is in conjunction with the exhibit IN THE NAME OF LOVE: Two Decades of U2 that the Museum opened in February 2003. The event is FREE with Museum admission and will take place during Museum hours, 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

The celebration marks the opening of the newest section of the U2 exhibit. Artwork from graphic designer Steve Averill and his Dublin-based team at FOUR5ONE studios, who have been working with U2 from the very beginning, will be featured on the Museum?s Fourth Floor. The exhibit will include album cover concepts that have never been used as well as many other looks that U2 has gone through.

Other entertainment during the day will include U2 collectibles and merchandise on display and offered for sale, a video confessional booth (the tapes will be sent to U2), and performances by the U2 tribute band EXIT starting at 1:00 p.m. EXIT, who hails from Los Angeles, California, is unique in the fact that they are an all-girl U2 tribute band.

The Museum and atu2.com are also proud to present An Evening with FOUR5ONE. Steve Averill and his team of designers will discuss the work they have done with U2 in the Museum?s Fourth Floor Theater at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 14. Tickets are $10 and go on sale Monday, May 5 at the Museum box office and through Ticketmaster. Please be aware that seating is limited.

In conjunction with the U2 Fan Celebration at the Museum, the Hard Rock Caf? Cleveland will be hosting evening events. On Friday, June 13, EXIT will be performing at 10:00 p.m. There will be a cover charge. On Saturday, June 14, the Canadian U2 tribute band Elevation will perform at 10:00 p.m. The cover charge will be waved to attendees with a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum wristband from the Fan Celebration.

Hotel package information will be available at atu2.com. Packages include lodging, tickets to the U2 Fan Celebration and more.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum exists to educate its visitors, fans and scholars from around the world about the history and significance of rock and roll music. The Museum carries out this mission through its efforts to collect, preserve, exhibit and interpret this art form.

###

exit-band.com

Cleveland Rocks

LoriHewson said:
I think our theme song for that weekend should be OUT OF CONTROL! I plan on possibly bringing a cd player and some U2 cd's and LOTS of beverages(possibly even a Vodka Watermelon a la Jamie Oliver...if they have watermelons by then...lol)...hehe:sexywink: Hope to see you all there!

Jamie Oliver is the bomb.
(You don't have to be a lassie to appreciate a cool chef).
(Don't have to be gay either, for that matter).
(I am neither, by the way).

What I am, is trying to get to Cleveland.
This will be a very difficult task.
First, I plan my own trip to Cleveland for June 10-11, for which I intended to see the Coldplay concert and visit the RRHOF. THEN, without consulting me, the RRHOF plans their bash for three days later!
I know what the solution is... Change my dates. However, that is hard to do when you have planned your entire summer vacation around two days. And, you intended to leave your wife and kids in Atlanta visiting her friend while you jet to Cleveland. Do you have any idea how long it took me to pull this off?!
Soooooo, I need to come up with a plan to change my plans, you know?
I hope I'm up to the challenge.
Any advice?
Anyone need a Coldplay Cleveland ticket?

PaleBlueDot said:
How do you guys feel about the Hyatt? ::wags eyebrows::

Apparently -- Hyatt.com offers special rates. That is, you can get a room with 2 double beds (rooms up to 4 people) for $74.40/night (+ tax).

This Hyatt is right smack in the middle of downtown. It is located at a really interesting partly underground, partly above ground structure called the Arcade, which was built in 1888.

dot.

I also found this hotel on the hyatt.com site a couple of weeks ago. This place has character. This place has history. This place has a mall!

MWM looking for one person to share a room with at the Arcade Hyatt on 6/13 & 6/14.

Please reply to u2@bellsouth.net

bhmac said:

I also found this hotel on the hyatt.com site a couple of weeks ago. This place has character. This place has history. This place has a mall!

MWM looking for one person to share a room with at the Arcade Hyatt on 6/13 & 6/14.

Please reply to u2@bellsouth.net

Bhmac, want me to put that up on the website for ya?

Back
Top Bottom