MERGED --> inTO the Heart: U2 Fan Fest 2004 + BP Fallon...for ITH 04! + hello...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A celebration of music, life and fun...

BP Fallon sure has a way with words and a few times over the weekend he described the essence of our GTA group and the ITH festival with better words than I could ever come up with, even moving me to tears during the Q&A session. What a wonderful, insightful and very very cool rock n roll man he is and I am so glad we got to show him who we are and share a bit of his vibe for a few days. He and Justine just completely rocked the place with Death Disco and my pin is now a rare and cherished possession.

So much has been said about this weekend and all of it makes me smile and want to relive it. It went sooooo fast!!! There are so many wonderful moments and memories and I wish I could have spent more time chatting with people, catching up and hanging out...especially some new great people I met and visitors...where did the time go?

October, Third Verse and Elevation...what to say that hasn't been
said...the cornerstones of the weekend and all performances were so top notch you all completely outdid yourselves. I was blown away each night. Extra special thanks of course to Third Verse for saving Friday night AND throwing in Red Hill Mining Town...gave me goosebumps!

ZooTV...I think my favourite part was watching people who had never seen Elevation and probably didn't quite know what to expect from a recreation of one of the most technically complicated tours ever produced. By a few songs in, people had the euphoric, rockin out look and moves of watching the real thing...it was pure magic.

Brady MacPhisto making a phone call to the REAL MacPhisto from the stage for the ITH crowd at The Opera House...hmmm...that was kinda the idea and Bono, bless him, came through for us...just a wee bit too late to make it happen at the show!!! He actually called during the pre-party when my cell was under the bar...can you imagine if I had answered it?!?! Can you imagine if we could have played his message during the show?!?! Far away so close!

He left 2 voicemail messages then called my house and spoke to my mom lol. The voicemails were verified by BP and are now on MP3...when I get permission, I will post them with the transcripts.

As Tanya said, if you ever needed proof that he's the coolest man on the planet, there it is. He may have called me, but the intention was to get in touch with ITH, a message for ALL of us...and by extension, all U2 fans who are excited about our upcoming U2 year.

How did I get in touch with him? To be honest, I'm not 100% sure, I just know I tried a number of different ways through emails and voicemails and hoped for the best. All that matters is that he got the message somehow and took action. I can't even express how grateful I am and I can't wait to share the audio file :))))

Kim
OUT OF CONTROL
m0pha

anitram said:
I picked up a helluva cold on Saturday it seems, but it was a lot of fun. :)
You're not the only one who ended up with a cold. :(

P.S. You need to get yourself a journal young lady. :p

Sam,
Hope you didn't mind us running in on Sunday while you were eating to give you one last thanks and kiss...lmfao.

ladywithspinninghead said:
And yes Anitram, it was great seeing you again! And thanks for clueing me in on the meaning of your name, hahaha!! Say hi to Joanna for me!

Hi Julie! :wave:

Back
Top Bottom