MERGED--> Anyone want to go to Vegas for St. Patrick's Day? + Elevation In Vegas News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've already put in for my vacation in March! :happy:

I'm planning on coming to Vegas! :yes:

I don't know what everyone's plans are but we just booked a room at the Plaza at $90 for a petite suite but they have standard rooms for $65. It wasn't my first choice but I need to save a few bucks. Its near Fremont Street and looks okay.

If anyone finds a better deal at a nicer place, let me know cause this really isn't where I wanted to stay.

Bono's American Wife said:
I don't know what everyone's plans are but we just booked a room at the Plaza at $90 for a petite suite but they have standard rooms for $65. It wasn't my first choice but I need to save a few bucks. Its near Fremont Street and looks okay.

If anyone finds a better deal at a nicer place, let me know cause this really isn't where I wanted to stay.

Freemont Street is downtown isn't it? (I don't know my Vegas geography very well). I think it's better to stay somewhere on the Strip, that's where all the action and shows are, then maybe take a taxi downtown for a few hours if you want to see downtown (u2 moment :sexywink:).

Last time I checked the Holiday Inn Boardwalk had decent prices, it's not the fanciest, but it's located next to NYNY. I'll check the website...hotels.com may have some good prices too, I haven't checked there yet.

What days/nights did you make your reservations for BAW? I'm planning on getting to Vegas sometime on Friday (late morning/early afternoon) and flying back on Tuesday.

It's getting closer and closer! :hyper:

Will there be some sort of sign up list besides this thread so we know exactly how many are going? :shrug:

Last edited:
prices for Holiday Inn Boardwalk, for one person for 3 nights, arriving on March 14, staying for 3 nights, their cheapest rate is $301.90 (which includes all 3 nights, I think).

For 4 adults sharing a room with one roll away bed, the cheapest price is $432.70 which would be approximately $108 per person

I hope I did that right :scratch:

the website for holiday inn is https://www.hiboardwalk.com/

Last edited:
ABEL said:

Freemont Street is downtown isn't it? (I don't know my Vegas geography very well). I think it's better to stay somewhere on the Strip, that's where all the action and shows are, then maybe take a taxi downtown for a few hours if you want to see downtown (u2 moment :sexywink:).

Last time I checked the Holiday Inn Boardwalk had decent prices, it's not the fanciest, but it's located next to NYNY. I'll check the website...hotels.com may have some good prices too, I haven't checked there yet.

What days/nights did you make your reservations for BAW? I'm planning on getting to Vegas sometime on Friday (late morning/early afternoon) and flying back on Tuesday.

It's getting closer and closer! :hyper:

Will there be some sort of sign up list besides this thread so we know exactly how many are going? :shrug:

Holiday Inn Boardwalk is HORRIBLE. I stayed there 2 years ago and would never, ever stay there again.

I really don't want to stay downtown but my husband went ahead and made a reservation because he's all panicky that no rooms will be available because its St. Paddy's weekend. I want to stay on the strip so I'm gonna keep working on that.

We'll be driving in Friday morning but we have to leave on Sunday because of kids and work, etc. I wish we could stay till Tuesday but its just not possible.

I think it would be good to get list going as far where we're all staying so we can coordinate. Maybe when a few more people make reservations we can start making a list?

I'm still looking....I'm checking out Travelocity right now, I found a rate for a room for 4 adults for $149.95 for friday and saturday night, $150.95 for Sunday and Monday night, bringing the total price to $576.00 for march 14-19, (split that 4 ways and that's not too bad) at the San Remo Hotel, on the strip.

There's good deals out there if you do a little searching...travelocity.com, hotels.com, cheaptickets.com, any of those type of sites

Last edited:
the marriott is located in summerlin.
summerlin is 8 miles w. of downtown, 12 miles nw. of the strip.
yes, fremont street is downtown. and it is much nicer than it used to be, but it still sucks. see it anyway, of course, bc of 'still haven't found' video. it has changed tremendously, though, since then.
whether you decide to stay uptown or downtown, you will still need transportation to the show.
i called around to some various hotels which i know are decent...staying on the strip will be very pricey that weekend, so i didn't even bother with those hotels bc it sounds like you all want a good deal...these are the three best deals i could find in decent hotels...prices based on double occupancy.

circus circus
fri. 14th-sat.15th
$99.00 per night
sun. 16th-tues. 18th
$54.00 per night
(800) 634-3450

golden nugget downtown
fri. 14th-sat.15th
$99.00 per night
sun. 16th-tues. 18th
$59.00 per night
(800) 634-3454

castaways
fri. 14th
$59.00 per night
sat. 15th
$69.00 per night
sun. 16th-tues 18th
$29.00 per night

i hope this helps...see you at the show. i only wish my place was big enough, so you could all stay here!

cheers!
viva las vegas!
mindy

thanks for the info bonosgirl

I still think staying on the strip is better than downtown, like you said, downtown sucks, lol.

Mrs. Edge said:
Hmmmm. Well it looks like I have to choose between Vegas and Cleveland. This is going to be a tough one!!

Cleveland is toooo coooollllld for me, plus I'm too broke right now...by March I should have my tax refund :hyper:

hey bonosgirl, what do you know about the Sahara? I just found the lowest price I've seen for a hotel on the strip (so far).

a room for 4 people: Friday night $149.95 Saturday $139.95 Sunday $85.95 Monday$85.95

Imperial Palace doesn't have bad prices either
Standard 4 People Fri. $169.95 Sat $149.95 Sun $95.95 Mon $95.95

hi abel...nice to meet you.

the sahara is nice, it was rebuilt recently i believe...it's across from the stratosphere, which kicks ass. if you can afford the sahara...i say do it. plus, it's close to circus circus, which also has low rates, so all the interf's can be near each other! imperial palace is directly across from caeser's, the mgm and the bellagio (wonderful fountains...great for dancing in front of...) it is a prime location, even better than the sahara. looking forward to meeting everyone...if i can help any more, please ask.

viva!
bg84

I just calculated that it would cost approximately $692 for me and daafish to go to Vegas including airfare and hotel.

:huh:

So far our best bets are either the sahara, the stratosphere, the stardust or circus circus. All around $260 for 3 nites. Which we would have to get 3 nights if we drove because we'd spend 2 days just driving :angry:

But all those places are far from the middle of the strip arent they? :slant:

Sicy said:
I just calculated that it would cost approximately $692 for me and daafish to go to Vegas including airfare and hotel.

:huh:

:shocked:

how long is the drive for you guys, like 12 hours?

you can share a room with us...if you don't mind snoring :mac:

Bono's American Wife said:

:shocked:

how long is the drive for you guys, like 12 hours?

you can share a room with us...if you don't mind snoring :mac:

Like 9 or 10 hours :sad: :crazy:

But we need 3 nights. :der:

palace station
3/4 miles w. of the strip
sahara & I-15
24 hr. complimentary shuttle to strip
$109.99 fri-sat
$49.99 sun
(800-634-3101)

and this will be the last of my 'ooh look at me, i live in las vegas' type posts.

see I dont understand. I looked up the sahara on vegas.com and for 2 people, one bed, 3 nites it was $260. Your figures look more expensive than that.

You'll always get a different rate depending on if you call the hotel directly or if you go through an on-line booking place. You can even get quoted a different rate if you call the same hotel twice on the same day :shrug:

I wonder if there's some way we could coordinate getting a group rate somewhere :shrug:, like if they'd give us a good deal if we told them there'd be like 20 or 30 of us coming or more (which is why we need a sign up list somewhere). Of course everyone would be paying with separate credit cards or cash which makes it hard to coordinate :der:

That wont work abel. :|

Yeah we'll have a list.. more closer to the date though. Its not even February yet.

Back
Top Bottom