MERGED ----> A Fan Celebration: 1st Ever LA U2 Fan Convention + BP Fallon Added...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
diamond said:
wow now im bummed i missed this:angry:

did u guys at least think of me during WOWY?
plez don't lie:angry:

thank u

db9

We would have thought about you but we were too distracted by adamswildhoney slow dancing in the arms of Jason/Bono :sexywink:

Just wanted to echo Jason. Thank you to eveyone who made it out to see us on Sat. night and/or were at the convention on Sunday. We were honored that you allowed us to be a part of your weekend.

I have to give a personal standing ovation to everyone at the convention who had the balls to get up there with us and sing. You all did yourselves proud.

Finally, thanks to everyone who I had an opportunity to chat with over the weekend. I have always believed that U2 fans were the best around, meeting all of you solidly confirmed that!

I gotta go, my fish just asked me for a bicycle

God Bless,
Chas
The Joshua Tree
U2JT.com

If any of ya have pics from the weekend, please send them my way. We'd love to put them up on our site. We should have some video clips up on there by the end of the week.

agentmissa said:
Thank you Joshua Tree for the amazing music and energy you gave to us! I missed the show on Sat. and will forever regret it. Hopefully I will see you guys on the 5th!

Agentmissa, looking forward to it. I really hope you can make it.

Thank you for letting me serenade you ladies with a little bit of "One" and for taking pictures with Chas and I.

Very much like the real Adam Clayton...... I'm rather shy; Unlike Adam...... I'm not so posh, so 'ere goes.......

Was a pleasure meeting all of you wonderful people, thank you for making last weekend an amazing one!
Exit.....you guys rock!! even without a singer you still command the stage!! Was an absolute blast working with you - rock on ladies!!!

Looking forward to seeing you all on Nov. 5th

"Adam" The Joshua Tree U2JT.com

Re: bass baby bass!!!

achtung12 said:
cannot friggin' wait till the 5th........ woo - freakin - hoo!!!

(ADAM'S MEMBER ~ brilliant name) :p

Hey Affa, I think Ron is drooling over your Ashdown rig. How about you play a song with us on bass and, in return, Ron get's to play through a REAL bass amp:lmao:

TheEdge U2JT said:
Just wanted to echo Jason. Thank you to eveyone who made it out to see us on Sat. night and/or were at the convention on Sunday. We were honored that you allowed us to be a part of your weekend.

I have to give a personal standing ovation to everyone at the convention who had the balls to get up there with us and sing. You all did yourselves proud.

Finally, thanks to everyone who I had an opportunity to chat with over the weekend. I have always believed that U2 fans were the best around, meeting all of you solidly confirmed that!

I gotta go, my fish just asked me for a bicycle

God Bless,
Chas
The Joshua Tree
U2JT.com

If any of ya have pics from the weekend, please send them my way. We'd love to put them up on our site. We should have some video clips up on there by the end of the week.

Ch-Edge!!!

Great effort guys!

Mr. BAW

Thanks Mr. BAW and thank you also for the compliment about our Sat night performance as well. It was great to finally meet the legends that are "The BAWs" You and Baw are great people, I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all in the future.

We'll chat more Nov 5th!

ok im in for Huntington Beach. Hope the rest of my Interland friends and new ones will be there too.:)

I've read too many good things about you guys.
Is RTSS in your set list?
And BonoBJones, how the f*ck do u hit all those high notes?

Jaysus.

love
diamondbruno

Last edited:
I just want to say a big "thank you" to the lads of The Joshua Tree. My sister was the one who went up to sing "Sunday Bloody Sunday" thanks for helping her out, giving her cues and stuff. She's a bit of a newbie. :).

I was debating whether or not to do "New Year's Day" but, I would have ended up watching "Adam," instead of doing the song, one of his signature bass lines, I would've been too distracted. ;) And I've only done karoake once, I thought I was awful.

You guys were great! Big ups to "Edge" doing Elevation on the acoustic :up:

diamond said:
ok im in for Huntington Beach. Hope the rest of my Interland friends and new ones will be there too.:)

I've read too many good things about you guys.
Is RTSS in your set list?
And BonoBJones, how the f*ck do u hit all those high notes?

Jaysus.

love
diamondbruno

Great, see you there then!

As far as hitting the high notes...umm..well it just happens (and sometimes it doesn't) but I just try my hardest and just give it my all every time.

Oh, and RTSS just might find it's way into the set.

Last edited:
hehe, i know joshua tree kind of stole the show this weekend, but i'd also like to say how cool it was to meet bp fallon. my brother's band is a part of his whole death disco new york thing, and bp actually knew who he was.

actually, he shouts out to my brother's band kickstart on his website.

http://www.bpfallon.com/

small world, eh? :wink:

Bono B. Jones said:
Thanks Mr. BAW and thank you also for the compliment about our Sat night performance as well. It was great to finally meet the legends that are "The BAWs" You and Baw are great people, I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all in the future.

We'll chat more Nov 5th!

We'll be in Toronto on the 5th :(

thrillme said:
I just want to say a big "thank you" to the lads of The Joshua Tree. My sister was the one who went up to sing "Sunday Bloody Sunday" thanks for helping her out, giving her cues and stuff. She's a bit of a newbie. :).

Please tell your sister that she did a great job on SBS. She did not panic and we made it through it toghther. It was one of those times where, "we get to carry eachother."

Thanks again... next time you WILL do New Years Day!

Chas
"Chedge"
JT

Aw, thanks Dia!

Small world: My mom was telling her haridresser/ family friend about my weekend and when she mention the Joshua Tree performance on Sat, her hairdresser freaked out bc he knows the boys of JT or has heard about them. :up:

bonosgirl84 said:
hehe, i know joshua tree kind of stole the show this weekend, but i'd also like to say how cool it was to meet bp fallon. my brother's band is a part of his whole death disco new york thing, and bp actually knew who he was.

actually, he shouts out to my brother's band kickstart on his website.

http://www.bpfallon.com/

small world, eh? :wink:

I am glad to hear that. We have BP Fallon coming to Toronto for ITH and it will be the Canadian premier of Death Disco. I am really looking forward to it.

gah. I was the one who did Stay. Or should I say , butchered it??

Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to do it, I did enjoy it after I got over being nervous.

One thing the convention did is bring all of us So Cal U2 fans together.

Yay!

oktobergirl said:
gah. I was the one who did Stay. Or should I say , butchered it??

Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to do it, I did enjoy it after I got over being nervous.

One thing the convention did is bring all of us So Cal U2 fans together.

Yay!

Yes, and that is a beautiful thing

Back
Top Bottom