Memphis people! Now it's your turn!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes!

This seems so odd that I can respond to Memphis and Milwaukee - I am hoping someone will have better answers for Chicago for you.

The National Civil Rights Museum is (more or less) downtown. If you started early enough in the morning - you can go to Graceland (maybe 10/15 minutes out of downtown) and then head to the Civil Rights Museum. I have been to both.

Other points to see in Memphis:

Beale Street. Plan on dinner on Beale (not too far from the Civil Rights Museum). There are some grewat BBQ and Southern Food places on Beale, as well as B.B. King's Bar and a cool Elvis place. From Beale - you can walk to the Peabody Hotel to watch the "march of the Ducks." The Peabody has a fountain that the ducks swim in in the lobby. At night, they jump out of the fountain and head up to their suite via an elevator.

Sun Studios is not too far out of downtown, but my lame-ass girlfriend at the time did not want to check it out. :angry:

It is a neat city - you'll like it.

i actually live in memphis so if you want any tips or anything, let me know. august will be hot though, but since you're in california, it may be a little bit cooler here.

don't listen to any of zoney's advice though. :shifty: :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom