Melbourne Meet Up thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mysterious_jen said:
eh dont stress ya self too much axver ol man !

im sure the wine will taste like vinegar and the yarra will flow with blood .. oh no wait thats the apocaplypse...

:wink:

:lol: Well, they've risen well ... here's hoping that when I take them out of the oven in a couple of minutes, they don't taste like shit like the raw mixture did!

Damnit! But I'm still up for doing something if both of you are.

I just emailed him, seeing if he can reschedule, heres hoping he can. I really want to go I was pumped.

And my mantastic job (1st year apprenticeship in sweeping) is over. onyl a summer job.

OK, muffins are a flop. I just tried one and the top tastes fine but the lower half tastes of fucking baking powder.

But if we can't do anything tomorrow, how about rescheduling for a time that Maj. Panic, TranceEnding, and Alisaura can also make? Would next weekend suit at least a majority of us?

^ Had to buy four pairs of overalls over the two months cos i kept ripping them when i tensed.

Axver said:

But if we can't do anything tomorrow, how about rescheduling for a time that Maj. Panic, TranceEnding, and Alisaura can also make? Would next weekend suit at least a majority of us?

Yeah, I think that would be a better idea... i just got an email back and he's a 'busy man' and I can see him tomorrow or the end of the week, I better go tomorrow. Sorry guys!!

Axver said:
OK, muffins are a flop. I just tried one and the top tastes fine but the lower half tastes of fucking baking powder.

possible next sunday would .

We could alternatively do something earlier tomorrow ... but that would require me getting up before 10am and I'm really not sure quite how I feel about that.

Next weekend might indeed be better. I am at this stage free on any day you care to name but hoping to have a job. What suits you lot?

mysterious_jen said:
actually sundays are good atm , saturdays are generally out as i work fri nite and sat alot from now on

Righto. Sunday's fine with me. We could go to the Church of U2 or something. Better known as Axver's Stash Of Bootlegs. Let us all bask in the glow of the sermon entitled "U2 fucking own Melbourne, 9 October 1989".

while im sifitng through my diary im marking fri 11th through to sun 13th free for U2 3D, IF THERE IS A GOD....

how many times could you see it in one weekend i wonders....

OK, so tomorrow is officially postponed to a later date. First Sunday of February is the 3rd, i.e. a week from today. How do you folk feel about that? Then there's 10/02 and 17/02. TranceEnding's free for 17/02, she said in an e-mail to me.

From my perspective, the sooner the better. I'm thus going to tentatively propose the 3rd, sticking closely to the picnic at Flagstaff Gardens plan.

Though yeah, maybe the 17th would work better ... bah, I'm just really bored and I'd like to meet you good folk!

Axver said:
From my perspective, the sooner the better. I'm thus going to tentatively propose the 3rd, sticking closely to the picnic at Flagstaff Gardens plan.

Though yeah, maybe the 17th would work better ... bah, I'm just really bored and I'd like to meet you good folk!

Same here, but if we can get more on the 17th thatd be better

Well, how about we make lists of who can make what date?

03/02
Axver
COBL_04

17/02
Axver
COBL_04
TranceEnding
mysterious jen (assuming from your post above anyway - how's the 3rd for you?)

Back
Top Bottom