Melbourne Meet Up thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:
Also, I'm a complete fool. I had my camera with me, I photographed trains, I even showed Alison pictures of my One Tree Hill single on it (can't remember if I showed that to Melissa too?), but, uh, no photos of us. :reject:

:lol:

That's hilarious.

Good to see that you guys had a good time, though; next time, we'll all try to be there!

U23D here we come, I say!

What you guys said :D Had a great time, looking forward to the next one!

I was going to bring my camera but totally forgot. :lol: I'd forget my head if it wasn't screwed on...

And the muffin was fabulous, Ax :wink: Should I consider myself bribed for a song survivor vote now? :shifty:

major_panic said:
Good to see that you guys had a good time, though; next time, we'll all try to be there!

I don't suppose you could name the one time in the next four years or so that you will actually be free and we can plan around that? :wink:

Alisaura said:
And the muffin was fabulous, Ax :wink: Should I consider myself bribed for a song survivor vote now? :shifty:

:lol: Consider yourself bribed to ensure Slug wins Passengers!

I'm really glad you liked it. I very rarely get the opportunity to share my cooking with anybody, so it was nice to know that it is in fact edible to people other than me.

Axver said:

I don't suppose you could name the one time in the next four years or so that you will actually be free and we can plan around that? :wink:

I'll, uh... I'll have to get back to you on that. Can't talk. Busy.

Alisaura said:

You're on! I probably would have voted for it anyway :wink:
That or One Minute Warning... :hmm:

*goes hunting for Song Survivor thread*

You win at Passengers taste. :up:

One Minute Warning and Slug are my top two tracks there. Beach Sequence is also sensationally beautiful. If U2 know what's awesome, they will do Beach Sequence --> NYD live one day. It would be like October --> NYD, but ... better.

Alisaura said:
I dunno, I'm hanging out for U32D, myself.

I'm sure a Star Wars fan forum somewhere is hanging out for U3D2: R2D2's Cousin Live In Buenos Aires.

Axver said:
One Minute Warning and Slug are my top two tracks there. Beach Sequence is also sensationally beautiful. If U2 know what's awesome, they will do Beach Sequence --> NYD live one day. It would be like October --> NYD, but ... better.
Funny, I never would have picked NYD to be segued into like that... :hmm:... I'm gonna have to try that.

What's also good is Heartland --> Beach Sequence...
That does it, my Atmospheric mix CD is going in the player tonight.

It's gonna be tough when it gets down to Slug/Your Blue Room/Beach Sequence, since those three aren't getting many/any votes at the moment... :uhoh:

I'm sure a Star Wars fan forum somewhere is hanging out for U3D2: R2D2's Cousin Live In Buenos Aires.
:lol:
Oh boy, there's no telling where that joke could end.

Alisaura said:

Funny, I never would have picked NYD to be segued into like that... :hmm:... I'm gonna have to try that.

What's also good is Heartland --> Beach Sequence...
That does it, my Atmospheric mix CD is going in the player tonight.

Ooh, Heartland --> Beach Sequence sounds like a winner. One of my own favourite segues is One Tree Hill --> Heartland --> Bass Trap --> A Sort Of Homecoming (especially the live version) --> Streets. I cannot even begin to imagine how transcendent that would be if U2 actually did it.

It's gonna be tough when it gets down to Slug/Your Blue Room/Beach Sequence, since those three aren't getting many/any votes at the moment... :uhoh:

That's going to suck so much. It's a shame One Minute Warning seems to have already gathered a couple of votes. Honestly, I like Passengers so much and find it so consistent that I think it's the hardest of all albums to vote on.

Axver said:

Ooh, Heartland --> Beach Sequence sounds like a winner. One of my own favourite segues is One Tree Hill --> Heartland --> Bass Trap --> A Sort Of Homecoming (especially the live version) --> Streets. I cannot even begin to imagine how transcendent that would be if U2 actually did it.

That sounds like the most amazing segue ever... ! :) I'm going to go try that now. :D

The Australian U2 show is pretty good... they were playing in Clifton Hill last night, except I have no idea where that is and I was out having Greek food. They used to play in the Irish Times in the city regularly, but they stopped for some reason. :shrug:

I would like to get along to see them again...

Oh man, I feel bad, I forgot all about this thread in the postwhoring/Liechtenstein madness, I've barely been elsewhere on the forum. And it also slipped my mind to e-mail Leeann/AchtungGirl, and I feel really bad about that. Leeann, I feel pretty dreadful tonight but I'll get back to you tomorrow hopefully. Sorry. :reject:

Anyway, I'm posting here with a suggestion! Who here wants to go see The Chaser's Age of Terror Variety Hour? It's in Melbourne at the Athenaeum Theatre (corner Collins and Swanston) from 3 to 7 June and we could organise it as a group. Tickets are $48, or $43 if you qualify for a concession.

So who's interested?

Don't feel bad, Ax! I've been so busy, I haven't even checked my email in days... completely missed out on the whole Liechstenstein madness too...

... I hope you're feeling better... :hug:

The Chaser's Age of Terror Variety Hour sounds awesome! I'd definitely be interested in going. :)

Alisaura, thanks for the info! :) I think the Clifton Hill Hotel is in Queens Parade, not far from Hoddle St.

I've never seen a U2 cover band before... kind of scared to (incase they trash all the songs), but it sounds like it could be fun...?

Darn that's expensive for a pov uni student. I'll have to make do with seeing you at uni.

U2 cover band = a risk worth taking, if you ask me. I mean, if they're terrible, we can always sing over them, right? right? guys? :uhoh:

Alisaura said:
The Australian U2 show is pretty good... they were playing in Clifton Hill last night, except I have no idea where that is and I was out having Greek food. They used to play in the Irish Times in the city regularly, but they stopped for some reason. :shrug:

I would like to get along to see them again...

Clifton Hill is (I think) an inner-city suburb somewhere between Carlton and Northcote.

The Aus U2 Show is playing at the Clifton Hill Hotel this Friday 7th March and next Friday (14th March)...

Back
Top Bottom