Melbourne Meet Up thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh damn, sorry to hear that Ax. Hope you're doing ok. :(

17th is my sister's birthday... :rolleyes: So I guess you're right, I am probably one of the busiest people in Melbourne!

Thanks guys. :)

I'm hanging in there. Passed last night by watching cricket to get my minds off things. I never knew a rain affected ODI could feel like a Test match.

COBL_04 said:
Everyone, the AFL thread is up, so please come and make it your home. :wink:

I made my way over. First time I've been in PEUP since I went on some cricket rant and decided I couldn't be arsed with the forum because the Aussie cricket team is irritating me too much this year and I'm sick of sifting through threads about American pseudo-sports to find anything resembling worthwhile sport discussion anyway.

Thanks, Jen and Ali - can't believe it's been a week already. But I'm starting to feel a bit better now.

So shall we organise a meet-up? Are we still going for 17/02? Anyone got ideas to bring to the table?

I've got to admit I'm not all that enthused about U2 3D. I'll go though.

I just think the setlist is horrible. I can't get enthused about a movie with that setlist. I don't doubt I'll enjoy it while I'm there, but goodness, I can't think of a setlist I'd be less excited to see.

... I would totally go for Vertibanjo 15 times.

It's just that the songs they have included are, with one exception, the songs I absolutely least want to see out of everything they did on Vertigo. Ah well. I expect to enjoy all but one of them when I'm actually there. Have a guess which, uh, One. :wink:

Yeah I'm out unfortunately, but DEFINITELY in for U23D. The only things that'd stop me from watching that are incapacitation, death or a command from God.

If I remember correctly, Ali and TranceEnding were both good for 17/02 but we'd have to reconfirm. How about Mr COBL?

And Maj. Panic, 1. I am your God,* 2. I command you to go to U2 3D.

*... of offering muffins for U2 Survivor votes.

"anyone want to go to a day on the green on the bellarine peninsular at a winery ??
its jimmy barnes and joe cocker but the tickets are like 96 bucks BOOOOOO... i wonder if jimmy will come back to geelong to play the wool exchange that would rock and is way cheaper" - MysteriousJen

Sorry Jen!! Sounds like fun but I couldn't afford it at the moment...

Ax, if you can be bothered, I'd definitely be up for a mix cd. :D Would definitely think about coming... do you think the shows will sell out quickly??

TUF is my number 1 album of all time too. :)

I should be okay for the 17th too...

Vertibanjo :drool:

Was I going to see that Nick Cave exhibition this week? I can't remember. :lol:

Do we want to start thinking about getting numbers for a possible group booking for U23D, on the first day (actually, if it's the middle of the day I'll be working... unless I'm enough of a dork to take a day off to see a film. :uhoh: ) or the Saturday? I was thinking if we did it with people from the U2Australia list, we'd have a much better chance of getting 10 or more people...

Incidentally, I think John Butler Trio (and the Waifs etc.) are playing Day on the Green... I can HIGHLY recommend them :yes: :hyper:

Alisaura, here's a link about the Nick Cave exhibit and all the free events associated with it :D

http://www.theartscentre.com.au/Eve...ownloads/578/Document/Nick Cave inside DL.pdf

(hope that works!)

My sis and I are planning to go next Friday (15th) evening where photographer Bleddyn Butcher will be in attendance .. really looking forward to it :D

Anyone else fancy coming along?

I'm still free on the 17th also.

There's a version of Vertigo called the Temple Bar version or something, and it's just Edge on banjo with Bono singing... :giggle:

I think it's on the DVD that came with the limited edition whizz-bang version of HTDAAB?

AchtungGirl219 said:
Ax, if you can be bothered, I'd definitely be up for a mix cd. :D Would definitely think about coming... do you think the shows will sell out quickly??

I suspect I'll be burning a lot of CDs for this meet-up. :wink:

Aussie demand for Porcupine Tree is a bit of an unknown quantity. They're playing fairly small venues, obviously in the hope of selling them out, but I really couldn't say if they will or not. I don't think the tickets will absolutely fly out the door, but my guess is that they will ultimately reach a sell out. But that's just my guess. Whatever happens, I'll be sitting at my computer at 9am buying my tickets for Melbourne, Sydney, and Brisbane!

Alisaura said:
Do we want to start thinking about getting numbers for a possible group booking for U23D, on the first day (actually, if it's the middle of the day I'll be working... unless I'm enough of a dork to take a day off to see a film. :uhoh: ) or the Saturday? I was thinking if we did it with people from the U2Australia list, we'd have a much better chance of getting 10 or more people...

This sounds good with me. What day is its release, and where is it being shown? I hope it's nowhere hard to access via tram.

OK, so if we're going to do something on Sunday 17/02, we better get planning. Do we just want to return to the old picnic in Flagstaff Gardens plan? That still suits me fine. By the sounds of it, lunchtime/early afternoon is best?

Back
Top Bottom