LA's U2 Tribute - The Joshua Tree - 3/12 & 3/27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bono B. Jones

Acrobat
Listen to me now.....I need to let you know.

Here's where we're playing in March:

Saturday March 12th @10 PM

14 Below - Santa Monica

1348 14th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90404
(310) 451-5040
www.14below.com

JT will be playing the middle set of a three-band show at the famous 14 Below in Santa Monica. JT will hit the stage around 10:00 PM, sandwiched between Cheap Suits (A blues tribute band), and The Police Experience (A Police Tribute).

14 Below is a 21 and older club. $10 at the door.

****ALSO****

Sunday, March 27, 2005 @ 7:00 PM

Hard Rock Cafe - San Diego

7:00 PM
801 4th Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
(619) 615-7625
www.hardock.com

Fans of Bono... listen up! The Joshua Tree is very proud to announce they will be playing a charity event to benefit the African Well Fund www.africanwellfund.org, an organization dedicated to raising funds for building and maintaining wells in Africa. We encourage you to check out their website and read about this very, very, and we mean very worthy cause. The band is set to hit the stage at 7:00 or so, and are primed and ready to help Bono and the boys kick off their 2005 North American Tour. Also, the perfect time and place to meet up with hundreds of U2 fans coming into town for the first U2 show of the tour!

Cost is $20 at the door.

Stay tuned for more announcements. We're not done with March just yet! People get ready, there's a train a comin!

God bless, we hope to see you there.

Jason & JT

Bono B. Jones said:

14 Below - Santa Monica

1348 14th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90404
(310) 451-5040
www.14below.com

JT will be playing the middle set of a three-band show at the famous 14 Below in Santa Monica. JT will hit the stage around 10:00 PM, sandwiched between Cheap Suits (A blues tribute band), and The Police Experience (A Police Tribute).

****ALSO****

801 4th Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
(619) 615-7625
www.hardock.com

Fans of Bono... listen up! The Joshua Tree is very proud to announce they will be playing a charity event to benefit the African Well Fund www.africanwellfund.org, an organization dedicated to raising funds for building and maintaining wells in Africa. We encourage you to check out their website and read about this very, very, and we mean very worthy cause. The band is set to hit the stage at 7:00 or so, and are primed and ready to help Bono and the boys kick off their 2005 North American Tour. Also, the perfect time and place to meet up with hundreds of U2 fans coming into town for the first U2 show of the tour!

Cost is $10 at the door.

Stay tuned for more announcements. We're not done with March just yet! People get ready, there's a train a comin!

Jason & JT

YEEEESSSSSSS! :rockon:

Cool! I really like the idea of a bunch of us meeting up the night before the gig! I`ve already told everyone on the U2-GTA (Toronto) who will be going (about 11 of us!) about this event so we might see you there!

Just a little correction. The show on 3/27 in San Diego is $20.00 at the door. All net proceeds going to AWF.

Yay!

oktobergirl said:
Just a little correction. The show on 3/27 in San Diego is $20.00 at the door. All net proceeds going to AWF.

Yay!

Yes, sorry about that Oktobergirl! Corrections have been made on the website.

Please visit www.U2JT.com for all details and directions.

night_and_day66 said:

Cant i just bring $10.00 and a case of bottled water?

Lets cut out the middle man here.

Jeez........NO! It doesn't work that way with the water!
What do I have to do, shake you to get you to understand
what this is all about? Call me will you? We'll go over this
ONE MORE time before I start slappin ya silly, girl! :evil:

ladywithspinninghead said:
Cool! I really like the idea of a bunch of us meeting up the night before the gig! I`ve already told everyone on the U2-GTA (Toronto) who will be going (about 11 of us!) about this event so we might see you there!

How awesome is this?! There will be Canadians in the house! There are also other Canadians coming! Yay!
:bow: :rockon:

Hey Jase will you be donating your home made pie? You know those well diggers get hungry ;) and for the love of Pete hold the fingerchunk.:sick:

Carek1230 said:

Jeez........NO! It doesn't work that way with the water!
What do I have to do, shake you to get you to understand
what this is all about? Call me will you? We'll go over this
ONE MORE time before I start slappin ya silly, girl! :evil:

Why not???
Then when they are done with the bottle,
they can fasten them together and make floatation devices!

Recycle baby, RECYCLE!!

night_and_day66 said:

Why not???
Then when they are done with the bottle,
they can fasten them together and make floatation devices!

Recycle baby, RECYCLE!!

Oh, shit, it just hit me.....

THERES NO FRUCKIN WATER.....DOH!
:drool: :ohmy:

ixnay on the thing i just said-ay.

Water is good mmmk?

UPDATE: @U2 Vertigo's Eve, San Diego, March 27th
Feb. 18, 2:00 pm PT

In less than 14 hours, our Vertigo's Eve party has already reached
about 50% capacity based on the number of U2 fans who have RSVPd to
attend the event. Thanks for the great response! Due to the speed with
which the party is selling out (the Hard Rock Cafe holds 250 people),
we have the following plans in place to ensure a smooth entry into the
Hard Rock and limit the number of no-shows:

-- when the eVite reaches the 250 capacity, we will stop accepting RSVPs

-- all who RSVPd will receive an email from @U2 with instructions to
pay in advance via Paypal (if you don't have a Paypal account, please
set one up!)

-- you'll have a week (7 days) to pay

-- once your payment is received, @U2 will mail your admission
ticket(s) to you

-- if fewer than 250 people pay, we'll reopen the eVite until it fills
back up to 250, and those folks will also need to pay in advance to
guarantee entry and get their admission ticket

This process will continue until we've reached the limit of 250 paid
entrants. It's our hope that these steps will make your entry into the
Hard Rock safer and easier. We don't want a "scene" outside the front
door as hundreds of U2 fans wait to get inside while we try to sort out
who RSVPd and who didn't; if you paid in advance and have your ticket
in hand, you'll get in.

Please stay tuned for more updates.

m2

Hey All!

The boys from JT just got a nasty letter from some childish person from San Diego bashing us for charging $20 for the show in San Diego "even if it is for charity" This jerk continued with, he'd rathar have fans pay a psycho the $$ to smash our instruments, because we are coming to "his" town. I would have shared the letter with you all but the languae is used was uncalled for.

I bring this up for one simple reason...... to say A HUGE Thanks to all the U2 fans that have already RSVP'd for the show via @u2.com, which is already, from what I am hearing, getting very close to being sold out. I guess for all of you, $20 for a great charity is not a problem like it seems to be for this guy. We are looking forward to seeing you all and the HRC and raising a lot of $$ for a good cause.

Chas
The Joshua Tree

Could some one PLEASE help me out ,
i dont have pay pal,
obviously i need a ticket,
so if some body will purchase asap, ill send a MO tomarrow!
Thank you so much

PS they are going really fast, so HURRY!

Hey everyone, I just wanted to re-iterate once more that the door charge is $20 not $10 like I originally posted. I apologize. Also, the band will be going on around 9:00 PM - not 7:00 PM. Get there early though to get a good seat and RSVP through @U2.com because it is selling out fast.

God bless you!

Jason

night_and_day66 said:
Could some one PLEASE help me out ,
i dont have pay pal,
obviously i need a ticket,
so if some body will purchase asap, ill send a MO tomarrow!
Thank you so much

PS they are going really fast, so HURRY!

Never mind, Karen to the rescue! The rest of you can bite me!

TheEdge U2JT said:
Hey All!

The boys from JT just got a nasty letter from some childish person from San Diego bashing us for charging $20 for the show in San Diego "even if it is for charity" This jerk continued with, he'd rathar have fans pay a psycho the $$ to smash our instruments, because we are coming to "his" town. I would have shared the letter with you all but the languae is used was uncalled for.

I bring this up for one simple reason...... to say A HUGE Thanks to all the U2 fans that have already RSVP'd for the show via @u2.com, which is already, from what I am hearing, getting very close to being sold out. I guess for all of you, $20 for a great charity is not a problem like it seems to be for this guy. We are looking forward to seeing you all and the HRC and raising a lot of $$ for a good cause.

Chas
The Joshua Tree

Let me at 'em...let me at 'em!

I got me a 9 that'll take care of it all.

TheEdge U2JT said:
Hey All!

Chas
The Joshua Tree

Well said, Chas. This just goes to prove there are some pretty sick, twisted, demented, evil and obviously JEALOUS people in this world! Can't be a U2 fan, that's for sure! AWF is a very worthwhile cause, one I've contributed to before I even met JT. What JT is doing is a HUGE contribution to this wonderful foundation. I give JT respect and applause for offering their time and talents not to mention the expense involved in pulling off any gig, especially on an Easter Sunday holiday, to help this fine city of San Diego kick off U2's massive world tour, on what is now know as Vertigo tour Eve!!

Hope to see everyone but the evil letter author on 3/27.

Karen

Bono B. Jones said:

14 Below - Santa Monica

1348 14th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90404
(310) 451-5040
www.14below.com

****ALSO****

801 4th Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
(619) 615-7625
www.hardock.com

Cost is $10 at the door.

Jason & JT

count me in, I played 14 below before, its a cool place, should be a fun show

:shocked: There's only 50 invites left folks!!! I hope everybody in here remembered to sign up on the list! If you didn't, you better hurry it up! They're going fast!

I can't wait to see everybody again!!! This is going to be awesome!!!!!

:dancing:

And Chas, tell that guy he can kiss my ass!!!!! If you want, I can rough him up a bit with a few of my karate moves, and then hand him over to Jase. :evil:

Allegra said:
:shocked: There's only 50 invites left folks!!! I hope everybody in here remembered to sign up on the list! If you didn't, you better hurry it up! They're going fast!

I can't wait to see everybody again!!! This is going to be awesome!!!!!

:dancing:

And Chas, tell that guy he can kiss my ass!!!!! If you want, I can rough him up a bit with a few of my karate moves, and then hand him over to Jase. :evil:

I get the feeling that he'll be begging to die anyways, once you get to him.

Id finish him off by talking to him to death.

But yea, id be happy to deliver the final blow.

Karen, shut up.

JT will hit the stage around 10:00 PM, sandwiched between Cheap Suits (A blues tribute band), and The Police Experience (A Police Tribute).

mmmmmmmmmm JT starring in the role of a lifetime...the creamy middle.

GUH!

I cant think of a more delicious filling.
:tongue: :rockon: :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom