Larry fans UNITE!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erised

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Would you like to spend a few days with other peeps who are just as CRAZY about Larry as you are?!?

Now's your chance! :yes:

We are in the beginning stages of planning what is tentatively being called a F.O.A.D. Fest, which is simply an international gathering of peeps who love/admire Larry!

Here's the deal:

This idea began in the Larry folder of U2.com's Zootopian community. This summer, a bunch of Zootops from all over the world planned a trip to Dublin to meet each other, tour the city, etc. It was a great success and everyone who went seemed to have a GREAT time! So some of the peeps in the Larry folder began discussing putting together a similar event for Larry fans!

Btw, Zootop Larry fans call themselves FOADs, in honor of one of Larry's sayings -- F*ck Off And Die. It also can be interpreted as Fans Of Awesome Drummer. :wink:

Anyway, many FOADs/Zootops are Interferencers as well. I think we'd all agree we've meet some awesome friends on these boards and it's about time we got together for one HUGE Mullen party! :D

So we've created a Yahoo Group solely for the purpose of discussing and planning this event. Right now, the group has two polls open... to determine where and when this event will be held.

The event is open to ALL Larry fans -- Zootops, Interferencers, male and female Larry fans.... it doesn't matter! However, we've made the Yahoo Group a non-public group, meaning it's not listed in the public Yahoo Groups directory. We thought this would be safest -- only peeps interested in attending the gathering will have access to our plans, etc. (such as what hotels we're staying at etc.)

Since the group is private, you'll need an invitation to join. If you're interested in attending what will surely be the first international fan gathering of this kind (to our knowledge!) to celebrate our favorite drummer, please PM one of us with your email addy and we will send you an invitation to the group.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the inaugural F.O.A.D. :larry: Fest!!!

your event coordinators,

erised & flaming june

We've got a dozen Larry fans signed up already! Yay! :happy:

If anyone else is interested in attending this event, PM me or Flaming June or leave a message here and we'll send ya an invite to the group for this event. :yes:

Thanks!

:sad: It didn't work! That's it, I give up. I'm sorry, I tried, but looks like you won't be getting my signature afterall! :tsk:

Stingette~

Please keep all posts about this gathering (including promoting this gathering) in this one thread. I've merged two of your threads in here so far, and I will merge others if they appear.

Thanks! :)

hi, i know i don't speak out much but i would love to get to know my fellow larry lovers better, i don't have the pm option right now so if someone could email me the info at sandranini@yahoo.com i would be very grateful
hoping to get to know everyone better soon.
sandra

cali*gal said:
hi, i know i don't speak out much but i would love to get to know my fellow larry lovers better, i don't have the pm option right now so if someone could email me the info at sandranini@yahoo.com i would be very grateful
hoping to get to know everyone better soon.
sandra

:wave: Hi!

Sorry for the delay... I haven't checked this thread in awhile. :reject:

I'm sending you an invite right away!

dizzy said:
Wait, this is meetup is gonna be in Dublin, right? :confused:

Hi Dizzy! :wave:

The location hasn't been decided yet... there's a poll open right now in the Yahoo Group to determine a location. Last time I checked, I think Dublin was in the lead, but that could change if more peeps join the group and vote.

If you're interested in this gathering, let me know your email addy and I'll be more than happy to send you an invite to the group! :happy:

Back
Top Bottom