JT in the OC? December Gatherings!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carek1230 said:

The Joshua Tree band was not performing at Santa Anita Park on Opening Day, the day after Christmas. I've spoken with the band as well as checked with the Park to confirm this. I don't know what performer or band you are referring to or who you might think "JT" stands for. I just thought I would clarify, especially for any band fans or family out there who might be confused.

Happy New Year!! JT is ready to come back real soon, folks! :wink:

It was probably a cover of the cover band, it sure looked like them though. But a similar band played at Verona's sports bar at Santa Anita track on Opening Day, I really could care less if you believe me or not, I'm just putting it out there. Call Verona's, since you're hot on the trail, I'm sure they can put the fire out.

techfire said:

It was probably a cover of the cover band, it sure looked like them though. But a similar band played at Verona's sports bar at Santa Anita track on Opening Day, I really could care less if you believe me or not, I'm just putting it out there. Call Verona's, since you're hot on the trail, I'm sure they can put the fire out.

wtf...?
whats with the attitude?

Back up man, theres no need for that shit here.

night_and_day66 said:

wtf...?
whats with the attitude?

Back up man, theres no need for that shit here.

Easy guy, no attitude here. I was putting out friendly info out there, but some U2 fans take things rather personal, does it really matter if it was thee cover band or not. Someone went to the trouble to call the park to confirm my story, then come back here and basically call me out, is it really that important? Not really.

Wow so much fodder for me to toy with......
first off:

"How do you circumsize a Texan...you kick his sister in the jaw.

GO USC!!!!!!!"

sorry Allegra but I had to laugh.

secondly: n&d.....dude youre a guy? lmao!!!!

and lastly, I am not disputing that there may have been a U2 tribute band playing at Veronas nor am I disputing that there may be several different bands named Joshua Tree or "JT".

but I am the Bass Player for THE Joshua Tree based in Southern California found at U2JT.com and we havnt played anywhere since like December 3rd since we have all been on vacation and such.

And God forbid theres another band that looks like us, the planet can only handle so much fugly, ok?

hope that clears up the confusion

techfire said:

Easy guy, no attitude here. I was putting out friendly info out there, but some U2 fans take things rather personal, does it really matter if it was thee cover band or not. Someone went to the trouble to call the park to confirm my story, then come back here and basically call me out, is it really that important? Not really.

all woman here... and more, thanks.
Anyone here want to dispute it?
:wink:

techfire said:

I was the one who made a few phone calls to find out whether JT, the REAL JT band played or not, because I am not one to post BS or open mouth insert foot unlike some people. I also was curious since the band are friends of mine.

As for you, pal....calm down a bit. As has been said, no need to get all riled up here. I was not calling anyone out, simply getting the story straight.

Carry on............

and don't make me or my friends come back here all kung fu on your arse.:lol:

Carek1230 said:

I was the one who made a few phone calls to find out whether JT, the REAL JT band played or not, because I am not one to post BS or open mouth insert foot unlike some people. I also was curious since the band are friends of mine.

As for you, pal....calm down a bit. As has been said, no need to get all riled up here. I was not calling anyone out, simply getting the story straight.

Carry on............

and don't make me or my friends come back here all kung fu on your arse.:lol:

No one is riled up, and I guess I could've called the race track to confirm the band name as well, but I was busy doing more important things. You asked me if I knew what JT stood for, come on now, don't take this so seriously...it's a cover band. Yes I'm sure they're very good and they're friends of yours, but a simple "I don't think it was them" response would've worked.

RedrocksU2 said:
Carek....kung fu..........:laugh:....sweeeeet!

BTW...N&D....ALL woman!:drool:

Kren doing kung fu.......I'd pay to see that! :laugh:

and yeah, ditto on what RR said....although she kicks ass like a dude.

Adam's Member said:

"How do you circumsize a Texan...you kick his sister in the jaw.

GO USC!!!!!!!"

sorry Allegra but I had to laugh.

What is the difference between Trojan Football and Corn Flakes?
Corn Flakes know what to do in a bowl.

Why is USC referred to as a private school?
Nobody wants it to be publicly known that they went there.

How many USC freshmen does it take to screw in a light bulb?
None. That's a sophomore course.

And I know where there's more. :wink:

Allegra said:

What is the difference between Trojan Football and Corn Flakes?
Corn Flakes know what to do in a bowl.

Why is USC referred to as a private school?
Nobody wants it to be publicly known that they went there.

How many USC freshmen does it take to screw in a light bulb?
None. That's a sophomore course.

And I know where there's more. :wink:

Usc 31
Texas....23

Back
Top Bottom