JT HRC Benefit Show 1/27/08

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEdge U2JT

War Child
In a house filled with boys, guitars, pets and a l
The Joshua Tree is happy to team with The Hard Rock Cafe, Universal City to launch a new Artist Signature Series shirt designed by Bono and made by Edun LIVE.

We will be playing a benefit show at the HRC at Universal City Walk on Sunday Jan 27, 2008 at 7:30pm. Tickets are $10 with ALL money from tickets and shirt sales go to Wildlife Conservation Society and the Conservation Cotton Initiative to improve life in Africa.

Come on out, get a shirt designed by Bono, and support a terrific cause. Hope to see you all there!

MORE INFO:

OVERVIEW:

Hard Rock’s Signature Series T-shirts feature the work of noted artists and performers while contributing to global and humanitarian causes throughout our planet. Each artist designates a charity of their choice and a portion of the

funds raised through the sale of the T-shirt goes directly to the charity. The program has raised millions of dollars for charities worldwide.

Signature Series 25

Artist: Bono

Benefiting: Wildlife Conservation Society to support the Conservation Cotton Initiative
ARTIST OVERVIEW: BONO

• Lead singer and songwriter for U2

• In 2005, the U2 band members were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, in their first year of eligibility.

• Bono is one of the world's most well-known philanthropist performers.

• Bono is the co-founder of many charity organizations, including the

ONE Campaign, DATA and Product Red.

• Bono was a nominee for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2003, 2005 and 2006.

• Bono is the only person in history to have been nominated for an Academy Award, Golden Globe, Grammy, and Nobel Peace Prize.

edun LIVE: T-shirt manufacturer

• The blank t-shirts purchased by Hard Rock for Signature Series 25 are edun LIVE products.

• edun LIVE is an ethical t-shirt company

created by Ali Hewson (Bono’s wife) and Bono. Their mission is to drive sustainable employment in sub-

Saharan Africa through sales of their 100% cotton blank

t-shirts.

• From the African cotton they source, the spinning and knitting process, all the way to the manufacturer, the blank

t-shirts are 100% African.

CHARITY OVERVIEW:

Wildlife Conservation Society

What is the Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS)

and the Conservation Cotton Initiative (CCI)?

• The Wildlife Conservation Society saves wildlife and wild lands through careful science, international conservation, education, and the management of the world’s largest system of urban wildlife parks.

• The WCS established the Conservation Cotton Initiative to help African farmers shift from environmentally destructive cotton-growing techniques to pesticide free, organic cultivation while protecting wildlife habitats.

• In conjunction with the socially conscious clothing brand Edun, the WCS will help improve the livelihoods of African farmers by producing products that are grown as well as sewn, in Africa.

BonoSigSer25_DT2.jpg

Chas has been re-inspired by our 2 (so far!) viewings of U23D and has been working hard on his sounds... it's going to be an amazing show, I can tell. Hope to see everyone there!!

I called last night, and they said it was 21 & Over. I said I guess I can't make it then, and he didn't volunteer to make any exceptions, not that I asked either. I just thought it was odd, especially for a benefit show :shrug: Oh well, have a great show tonight!!!

Lila64 said:
I called last night, and they said it was 21 & Over. I said I guess I can't make it then, and he didn't volunteer to make any exceptions, not that I asked either. I just thought it was odd, especially for a benefit show :shrug: Oh well, have a great show tonight!!!

can't you just use your fake ID???

:lol:

That sucks it's another JT show where they change their rules and Maddy can't get in! And tonite's gonna be a special night too :wink: I am sitting here at home wondering how it's going, waiting for the posts and pics!

Lila64 said:

Just to make you feel somewhat relieved, when we arrived there were a number of families with children having dinner; by 7:45 or so, all of those tables were cleared and those kids were gone...so they did enforce whatever rule they had ... but it was a great show, come to Long Beach next month!

Back
Top Bottom