Joshua Tree St. Patrick's Day Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL.

How about this one?

amazingride02.jpg

I remember that ride got stuck once with two teenage sisters on it and one of them called 911 on her cell while the other one sat there and screamed. The guy working it couldn't get it to start back up. It was scary but so funny at the same time. It was all over the news here.

I'm secretly a chicken shit.

bonosgirl84 said:
I remember that ride got stuck once with two teenage sisters on it and one of them called 911 on her cell while the other one sat there and screamed. The guy working it couldn't get it to start back up. It was scary but so funny at the same time. It was all over the news here.

Are you serious??? Ok forget it. :crazy:

There's a shuttle running regularly from the Suncoast to the Strip (hopefully more reliable than the one Char dealt with).

Leaves Suncoast
10:00 am
12:00 pm
2:45 pm
6:45 pm
8:00 pm
10:45 pm
12:00 am

Departs Las Vegas Strip
11:00 am
1:00 pm
3:15 pm
7:15 pm
9:00 pm
11:15 pm
1:00 am

The Sahara has a good deal on right now :hmm: I might stay there. I hope it's reasonably close to everyone else.

And those rides.. :no: :no: :no:

Sahara is on the far, far end of the strip.

You'd be about a ten or fifteen minute drive from where the band is playing. Ten, maybe twelve miles or so.

kafrun said:
Hmm. Well I guess I'll be cabbing it over there.

Words of advice...if you find a cabbie willing to make the drive, ask him if he will be willing to pick you up at the end of the night and get his card/cell phone number if he says yes.

Both times I've stayed at the JW and had friends stay on the strip, they've had problems getting a driver willing to drive out to the JW late at night and then back to the strip. A few Interlanders had some really long waits in the JW lobby trying to get back to their hotels.

Good point...but even that doesn't guarantee he/she will leave the strip area...but last weekend the cab driver told me things were so slow in town lately that they'd go anywhere!!

business is down across all segments in LV..

I guess the reason they were giving was that the cost of gas was killing their profits to a point that it wasn't worth the drive out there and back, but if business is down, maybe they'll be more willing to do it.

Bono's American Wife said:
I guess the reason they were giving was that the cost of gas was killing their profits to a point that it wasn't worth the drive out there and back, but if business is down, maybe they'll be more willing to do it.

hopefully, for those who need it!
Last Friday I noticed gas was about $3.19 for unleaded in Vegas, compared to $3.59 here in san diego...I know OC is cheaper than us though...(lucky bastards!)

Back
Top Bottom