Joshua Tree July 24th at O.C. Fair!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ Rich, we're so glad you did make that random decision. And you were totally at the fair in spirit. :heart:
*still hopes you'll make it out to Anaheim next year*

:pray: :yes: :youhaveto:

Thanks :hug: I hope I don't have to be in Anaheim in spirit only next year, but that's what it's looking like. :(

Stop being a Debbie Downer! :mad:

For Maryann's hubby, Carlos, Ethan & Torgo :hi5:

Nice to meet you Jmath, even for a moment :)

A Friday night in Corona? How much farther away is that than Costa Mesa? I'd need a room, LOL.

Total blast. I think my wife even had a good time. It was nice seeing/meeting a bunch of you again.

I had never been to see a tribute band of any kind but was blown away by the performance. Chas, you guys were great. The highlight of the night had to be jumping around at the start of streets and looking over to the left and seeing someone who was sitting down laughing at how excited we were. Makes me laugh thinking about it now actually.

Also, the smell of bbq wafting in the hangar added to the experience I thought.

:love:
So glad you made it! You're one of us now, whether you like it or not :lol: and it was nice to meet your wife (and see your friend again, whose name escapes me at the moment :reject: ). See you next year!

Who's in for the Corona show on Aug. 13th? Even though it is my birthday weekend, I will not request "Wild Honey." :wink:

More info @ The Joshua Tree -- A tribute to the music of U2.

Just got in from the 6.5 hr drive from La Jolla (met a friend there for lunch). As much as I love you all and love hearing/seeing JT, I will not be making that drive again soon.
:hug:

You can both stay here :sexywink:

So nice to see you, Maryann :hug: Glad you're home safe and sound!

Corona? Kathie? Sleepover? :hmm: :drool:

:hmm: Really? That's an offer we may not be able to resist. Is there any age limit at the Corona show?

Glad you made it home safely Maryann. Just wish you had more time here. Now, did you upload your photos yet? Videos? Photoshopped photos? :shifty: :hyper:

:love:
So glad you made it! You're one of us now, whether you like it or not :lol: and it was nice to meet your wife (and see your friend again, whose name escapes me at the moment :reject: ). See you next year!

Just got in from the 6.5 hr drive from La Jolla (met a friend there for lunch). As much as I love you all and love hearing/seeing JT, I will not be making that drive again soon.
:hug:

I'm one of you know?? I made it! I made it! My life is complete.:applaud:

My friend's name is Greg. He'll be with me for both Anaheim shows next year and the four of us are doing Seattle again. I'm fired up because that show falls on my birthday. We've already started the planning and the show is over 10 months away.

See you in June next year. If you're in the area again in the near future and want to go out in the ocean, we'll take you out in a canoe and introduce you to some sea life if you like. You could even go for a swim.

Thanks for making the drive.

:pray: :yes: :youhaveto:

Stop being a Debbie Downer! :mad:

For Maryann's hubby, Carlos, Ethan & Torgo :hi5:

Nice to meet you Jmath, even for a moment :)

A Friday night in Corona? How much farther away is that than Costa Mesa? I'd need a room, LOL.

:wave: Nice to meet you also. You're going to have to foregive me if I don't remember your real name. Hope to see you again soon.

So nice to see you, Maryann :hug: Glad you're home safe and sound!

Corona? Kathie? Sleepover? :hmm: :drool:

slumber party :hyper:

Glad you're home safe Maryann :hug:
I'm really sorry I missed out on what looks like more fun I thought could be had at a fair AND a great show.
It was lovely to see all of you that I did get to see!

Hi everyone,

I am joining the post-show comments a little late but I had a few things I want to say.

First off, I would like to thank Chas, Mike and Scott for inviting me to perform with them. As you all already know, not only are they very talented in performing U2's music extremely well, they are also really great guys. They all treated me so well and I can't thank them enough. California is very lucky to have them! A special mention to their wives too...it is obvious the tremendous support and love they provide. Speaking of support, what a great crew! Erick, Brandon and Amy thank you so much. And Jeffrey - their very own Dallas...what a guy! He lent me 2 of his guitars, an amp and effects pedal, tuned the guitars to perfection...what a great guy...I wanted to steal him and bring him back to Toronto! haha

To the JT family: what a great group of U2 fans and friends! I have been fortunate to know Char and Rick (BAW AND Mr. BAW) for quite some time and I think the world of them :hug: and it is great to see those same qualities in your entire group.

All in all, as an outsider looking in, it is clear you all have something special. Keep it alive!
I had a fabulous time and an experience I won't soon forget! Thanks for welcoming a stranger into your family for one night. I hope to see you all again soon...don't be strangers...we'd love to have you visit Toronto!!

Cheers,
Brady

Hi everyone,

I am joining the post-show comments a little late but I had a few things I want to say.

First off, I would like to thank Chas, Mike and Scott for inviting me to perform with them. As you all already know, not only are they very talented in performing U2's music extremely well, they are also really great guys. They all treated me so well and I can't thank them enough. California is very lucky to have them! A special mention to their wives too...it is obvious the tremendous support and love they provide. Speaking of support, what a great crew! Erick, Brandon and Amy thank you so much. And Jeffrey - their very own Dallas...what a guy! He lent me 2 of his guitars, an amp and effects pedal, tuned the guitars to perfection...what a great guy...I wanted to steal him and bring him back to Toronto! haha

To the JT family: what a great group of U2 fans and friends! I have been fortunate to know Char and Rick (BAW AND Mr. BAW) for quite some time and I think the world of them :hug: and it is great to see those same qualities in your entire group.

All in all, as an outsider looking in, it is clear you all have something special. Keep it alive!
I had a fabulous time and an experience I won't soon forget! Thanks for welcoming a stranger into your family for one night. I hope to see you all again soon...don't be strangers...we'd love to have you visit Toronto!!

Cheers,
Brady

Thank you for the kind words. Glad to help and to share the gear with another great talent. And thank you for the fantastic show.

I might have been working but I was loving what I heard. You, Mike, Scott and Chas were 'on fire'. Just hearing the crowd sing along... I felt like I was at an actual U2 show.

Hope to get to see Elevation play again soon. I have fond memories of the Hard Rock show in Cleveland.

I have been fortunate to know Char and Rick (BAW AND Mr. BAW) for quite some time and I think the world of them :hug: and it is great to see those same qualities in your entire group.

We have a very tight circle of friends; fortunately, two of them are in U2 tribute bands...we, Brady and Elevation go way back a long way and he's definitely as good as the real thing!; Chas, thanks for your support during these tough times...:hug: to both.

I did not hear the shout out to Rick and Char, we were jumping up and down. :lol:

I can't wait to see the new U2JT website.

Back
Top Bottom